become an editor
the entire directory
only in Biopharmaceuticals/Research_and_Development
Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals
Research and Development
Open Directory - Business: Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals: Pharmaceuticals: Biopharmaceuticals: Research and Development
Business: Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals: Pharmaceuticals: Research and Development
- Company developing therapeutics of aptamers, for the prevention and treatment of chronic and acute disease. Includes overview of technology and commercial potential, careers and contacts in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Receptor-based drug discovery in the fields of diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular, sleep disorders, neurodegeneration, schizophrenia, depression and anxiety. Profile of company in San Diego, California. (Nasdaq: ARNA)
AVI Biopharma, Inc.
- Develops and commercializes a vaccine against human chorionic gonadotropin secreting cancers, and synthetic antisense technology to inhibit translation in treating cardiovascular, kidney and viral diseases. Research and manufacturing facilities in Corvallis, Oregon. (Nasdaq: AVII)
- Develops gene-based therapeutic products derived from adeno-associated virus for the treatment of inherited and acquired diseases. Includes explanation of technology, product pipeline, collaborative partnerships and investment data, from manufacturing facility in Alameda, California. (Nasdaq: AVGN)
- Development and marketing of products to treat viral infections, cancer and autoimmune diseases. Features product pipeline and company details. Frankfurt, Germany.
Can Fite BioPharma Ltd.
- Developer of anti-arthritis drug CF101 presents its management, technology, and research pipeline. Includes a list of publications and patents.
- Developing small molecule and peptide drugs in regulatory signaling and regenerative pathways. Introduces technical background, product pipeline, collaborations, investment data and careers headquartered from Cambridge, Massachusetts. (Nasdaq: CVGP)
Cyano Biotech GmbH.
- Identifies and characterises structural variants of polyketides and non-ribosomal cyclic heptapeptides from cyanobacteria, and optimises pharmacological activity using biocombinatorial techniques. Profile, collaborators and contacts in Germany.
- Researches and develops biopharmaceutical products which address the role of blood and blood vessels in the prevention and treatment of diseases by inhibiting growth or enhancing bioavailability of drugs. Based in Rockville, Maryland. (Nasdaq: ENMD)
- Researching diagnostics and drug candidates for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral and multiple sclerosis, as well as autoimmune diseases, including anti-idiotypic antibodies. Includes overview of corporation in Cenon, France.
- Development, production, and marketing of human therapeutics. Includes research history, product pipeline, global corporate and career information. San Francisco, California.
- Researching nuclear receptors and gene deregulation for treatment of cardiovascular, metabolic and inflammatory diseases. Includes information about genomic research headquartered in Loos, France.
Imclone Systems Inc.
- Researches and develops growth factor blockers and anti-cancer vaccines. Includes clinical programs, investor details and overview of company in New York City. (Nasdaq: IMCL)
Intra-Cellular Therapies, Inc.
- Developing novel drugs against targets inside nerve cells to treat CNS disorders. Includes therapeutic projects, target biochemistry, corporate data and contacts for headquarters in New York City.
- Developing a pulmonary insulin delivery system, and immunotherapy of cancer, by identifying tumor-related antigens, DNA and peptide-based drugs evoking cell-mediated responses. Located in Valencia, California.
- Develops proprietary protein modifications including PEG, glycosylation and vaccines. Overview of technologies, clinical trial pipeline, investor data and careers in Redwood City, California. (Nasdaq: MAXY)
Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc.
- Discovers and develops therapeutics for treatment of diseases and disorders of the central nervous and immune systems, including anxiety, depression, alzheimer's disease, obesity, stroke and multiple sclerosis. (Nasdaq: NBIX).
Novacta Biosystems Ltd.
- Drug discovery and development company using pathway engineering and chemistry to optimise the activity of natural products for the treatment of infectious diseases. Introduces biotransformation technology, lead compounds, key personnel in Hatfield, England.
Nymox Pharmaceutical Corp.
- Researches and develops neurological diagnostics and pharmaceuticals for the aging population with emphasis on Alzheimer's disease. Profile of company with bases in Maywood, New Jersey and Saint Laurent, Quebec. (Nasdaq: NYMX)
- Develops late-stage anti-infective and preclinical antibiotics by carbohydrate technology.
Rib-X Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Structure-based drug design start-up, specializing in the ribosome as a target, and bacterial antibiotic resistance. Includes mechanisms of action, glossary, careers, corporate news and contacts and directions in New Haven, Connecticut.
- Researches and develops high definition dna analysis tools for industrial biomedical and life science applications. (Nasdaq: SQNM).
Sierra Sciences Inc.
- Developing drugs and therapies to reverse the effects of human aging by focusing on preserving the length of telomeres, to keep them more resilient. Careers in Reno, Nevada.
SIGA Technologies Inc.
- Develops and commercializes vaccines, and novel antiviral therapeutics for category A pathogens, infectious diseases, and potential bio-defense. Laboratories in Corvallis, Oregon, headquartered in New York City. (Nasdaq: SIGA)
- Discovers and develops novel therapeutic agents which block viral infection by inhibiting viral fusion with host cells, as in anti-HIV therapy. Includes overview of projects, investment data, and profile of company in Durham, North Carolina. (Nasdaq: TRMS)
- Development of superactive hormones and growth factors for therapeutic applications. Based in Rockville, Maryland, USA.
- Technology for MHC epitope removal, glycosylation to optimize pharmacokinetics, masking immune recognition sites and engineering monoclonal antibodies. Includes discovery programs, partnering opportunities in Monrovia, California. ImmunoPDA Technology Product Sheet Caltech spin-off developing proteomic technologies to accelerate drug discovery.
- Development and manufacture of recombinant proteins and peptides, in partnership with big pharmas. Includes licensing of technology derived from the host-defense protein BPI, monoclonal antibodies to treat chemotherapy-induced thrombocytopenia, and to target cancer. Based in Berkeley, California.
- Discovery, development and commercialization of therapeutic proteins for the prevention and treatment of human diseases. Includes product pipeline, news on clinical trials and profile of company in Seattle, Washington.
Research and Development
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, June 21, 2013 1:16:09 PM EDT -