become an editor
the entire directory
only in Associations/North_America
Agriculture and Forestry
Open Directory - Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Forestry: Associations: North America
Regional: North America: Business and Economy: Agriculture
- Nonprofit conservation organization aims to protect, restore and enhance the natural capital of trees and forests. Includes information on membership, news, campaigns and resources.
American Loggers Council
- Provide a unified voice on logging issues and cooperate with public, industrial and private timberland owners to further sustainable forestry practices.
American Wood Council
- AWC's mission is to increase the use of wood by assuring the broad regulatory acceptance of wood products, developing design tools and guidelines for wood construction and influencing the development of public policies affecting the use of wood products.
APA - The Engineered Wood Association
- Engineered wood information, especially structural wood panels.
Association of Consulting Foresters of America, Inc.
- National consulting forestry organization directory contains member profiles and information about consulting foresters.
Blair Woodland Association
- Local association promoting all aspects of sustainable forest management on privately owned woodlands.
Canadian Wood Truss Association
- A national body representing metal plate connected wood truss and structural wood component manufacturers.
The Evergreen Foundation
- Works to inspire and promote community action that demonstrates the relationship between healthy communities and a sustainable natural environment.
Forest Resources Association Inc.
- The FRA promotes economical, efficient, and sustainable use, of forest resources to meet wood fiber needs through private enterprise.
The Hardwood Council
- A coalition of 11 hardwood lumber and product associations providing technical information on North American hardwood applications for builders, architects, interior designers and remodelers.
Hardwood Plywood & Veneer Association
- Promotes the interests of its members and the hardwood plywood, veneer and laminated wood flooring industries.
International Society of Arboriculture
- Assisting tree care professionals in developing and maintaining effective plant health care programs.
North American Wholesale Lumber Association
- International trade association of over 650 forest products and building material industry wholesalers, manufacturers and industry affiliated companies throughout the United States and Canada.
Northeastern Retail Lumber Association (NRLA)
- Provides membership information, news, regulatory information, and member services.
Pulp & Paperworkers Resource Council
- Supports legislation for private landowners providing incentives to keep American fiber used to run mills in the United States. Page includes position papers, mission statement, job loss map, worldwide mill opening chart, and information about meetings.
Redwood Region Logging Conference
- Provides conference information such as sponsors, programs and program information, and links.
Society of American Foresters
- A nonprofit organization promoting the science, education, technology, and practice of forestry to ensure the continued health and use of forest ecosystems to benefit society.
Society of Wood Science and Technology
- Working to develop and maintain the body of knowledge distinctive to wood science and technology.
Southern Forest Products Association
- Working to develop, maintain and expand demand for Southern Pine lumber products.
Southern Pine Council
- A joint promotional effort of SFPA and SLMA to promote the wise use of Southern Pine Lumber products.
Temperate Forest Foundation
- Non-profit organization helping people achieve sustainable living with the integration of economic, ecological and social needs.
Western Forestry and Conservation Association
- Offering continuing education workshops and seminars for professional foresters throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Northern and British Columbia.
Western Red Cedar Lumber Association
- A non-profit trade association representing producers of western red cedar. Participating Members have access to powerful marketing, promotional and educational programs, exclusive product standards and marketing trademarks.
Western Wood Truss Association of British Columbia
- An association of manufacturers, firms, and individuals engaged in the production of metal gusset plated wood trusses.
Wood Products Manufacturers Association
- A resource for manufacturers and wholesalers in the wood products industry
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 11, 2013 at 15:07:51 UTC -