become an editor
the entire directory
only in Writers_Resources/Young_Writers
Kids and Teens: Arts: Creative Writing
Kids and Teens: School Time: English
Alpha, the SF/F/H Workshop for Young Writers
- Alpha is a ten-day residency writing workshop for teens held each summer since 2001 in Western PA. Four guest authors join ten staffers in teaching 20 students, then they travel to an SF con together.
- Children aged 5-11 will find this page very useful in jumpstarting their creativity. A number of ideas which can be used as a stimulus for creative writing lessons.
Elizabeth Winthrop Alsop
- Advice for young writers,from Elizabeth Winthrop, author of more than forty books for children.
Go Teen Writers
- A community for all teens who enjoy writing and aspire to be better at it. Site by Stephanie Morrill and Jill Williamson.
- A national news agency, where young people aged 8-18 produce articles on issues that are important to them but of interest to everyone.
The Iowa Young Writers' Studio
- A summer camp specifically for high school students who want to improve their writing. Intensive classes offered in poetry, fiction, and essay writing.
J L Panagopoulos
- Resources from Janie Lynn Panagopoulos, historian, author, lecturer. Advice and information for parents, teachers, librarians, and students.
Juniper Institute for Young Writers
- Hosted by the University of Massachusetts MFA Program for Poets and Writers. A week of creative writing workshops, courses, and readings for writers who have completed their sophomore, junior, or senior years of high school.
Kids on the Net
- A place where kids can post book reviews and opinion pieces, participate in interactive stories, and write cyberpoetry.
Laura Thomas Communications
- Fostering the development of young writers with contests and coaching.
Millennium Philcon Teen Conference
- Archive from the conference, which had a science fiction and fantasy focus for young writers.
NaNoWriMo's Young Writers Program
- National Novel Writing Month is an annual writing event. Participants in the Young Writers Program (age 17 and under) are challenged to begin and complete a novel during the month of November.
- An online magazine by young authors and writers that has references for publishing in print materials.
Teen Writer Coffee Shop
- For any teen who likes to write. Post your work, get help when you've got writers' block, or just hangout, relax and read others' work.
- This is for any writing teens to share their writing with other people and talk about what they like.
Teen Writers Network
- Place to see or show-off other teen writers work. A Yahoo Club.
The Teenage Writers Club
- A community for teens who write and want to share tips and critiques. (Yahoo group)
- Dedicated to publishing teen writing, as well as book reviews by teenagers. Teachers and parents of adolescents will find useful information. Teen and teacher discussions, author home pages.
The Windows Project
- Helping children and young people write poetry in community centres and schools since 1976.
- Write (and finish) original short stories, poems, plays, musicals, memoirs. All teachers are published authors. All groups have a maximum and six students.
Young Authors Workshop
- Children in grades 4 to 7 are taken through the writing process in a step-by-step fashion, beginning with how to find ideas for stories and continuing through finding online markets for publishing those stories.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 21, 2015 at 22:14:12 UTC -