become an editor
the entire directory
only in Writers_Resources/Writing_Exercises
Open Directory - Arts: Writers Resources: Writing Exercises
Creative Writing Activities for Kids
- A collection of exercises specifically for children, created by children's book author Bruce Van Patter.
Creative Writing Prompts
- Offers prompts and creative writing ideas to inspire stories, poems and other pieces.
CreativeWriting.ch - Writing Activities
- A Swiss writing teacher's website, with activities for both groups and individuals.
- Contains games and challenges for stimulating creativity. Also has a random word generator that is useful for activities such as clearing writers block and generating ideas.
- Writing prompt generator can be used for writing, blogging, art projects, music, discussion.
Easy Street Prompts
- Photo prompts for creative inspiration for writers and artists.
Hatch's Plot Bank
- 2300+ plot ideas for fiction and screen writers.
- A writing prompt utility for poets and short fiction writers. With 'random input' suggestions the poetry generator produces a first line of poetry.
Language is a Virus
- Writing games, text and name generators and articles to inspire creativity.
- Automated writing prompts to combat writer's block.
Practical Creative Writing
- Offers helpful tips, information and specially designed exercises to stretch the imagination, break blocks and focus on writing.
Pumping Your Muse Prompts
- Author Donna Sundblad offers writing prompts to boost creativity.
Random Word and Image Generator
- Displays a random word with definition and related image.
- Short writing exercises designed to inspire some creative magic by Anna Staniszewski.
- Collaborate and write stories that are turn based, with a time and character limit. Free registration is required.
The Story Ideas Virtuoso
- Deborah K. Gallardo offers help to find story ideas through creative writing exercises, writers' tips, advice and story inspiration.
The Write Prompts
- Daily writing prompts.
Wake Up Writing
- Writing exercises to get your pen moving first thing in the morning.
- Daily and interactive writing prompts.
- Ofers the pictures and articles to help inspire authors to write.
Your Thoughts Are Very Powerful
- Part of a book about spirituality. Chapter 4 is about creativity and has some writing exercises.
Usenet alt.arts.storytelling -
Usenet alt.prose -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, March 5, 2013 2:30:59 AM EST -