become an editor
the entire directory
only in Spelling_and_Grammar/Spell_Checkers
Spelling and Grammar
Open Directory - Arts: Writers Resources: Software: Spelling and Grammar: Spell Checkers
This category in other languages:
- Spell-checker and automatic proofing and correction tool. Product overview, FAQs, screenshots, FAQs, and trial download.
- Windows 95/98/NT4/2000 program to correct spelling and expand text on the fly. Trialware from Fanix software.
- Free web based spell checker. Copy and paste up to 24000 characters. Optional slang word list.
- LaTeX aware spelling checker for the Macintosh. Free.
- An open source spell checker developed with a reduced version of the CMU dictionary.
- Check spelling and meaning from any application using MS Word 97 or above.
- Free and open source spell checker. It can either be used as a library or as an independent spell checker.
- Open source spell checking, stemming, morphological analysis and generation under. [GPL, LGP]
- ieSpell is a free Internet Explorer browser extension that spell checks text input boxes on a webpage.
- An interactive spell-checking program for Unix. Dictionaries are available for a large number of European languages.
- Open source spell checker written in Java; it can be bound to any JTextComponent and uses dictionaries based upon Wiktionary.
- Adds spell checking to any iSeries or AS/400 applications.
- Multilingual spell checker, thesaurus, dictionary and writing software, with interactive autocorrect, autotext, autoformat and shorthand abbreviations with universal availability across applications, for both Mac and Windows.
Spell Check Anywhere
- Spell check text typed in any Windows program.
Spell Checker for Edit Boxes
- Checks the spelling of any edit control in almost any application under Windows 3.1/95/98. Dictionaries available in several languages. Free for private use, shareware for businesses. From Michael Quinion Associates.
- Free online spell checker, copy and paste a word or document up to 5000 characters to check and correct it online.
- Spell checking software for the medical, pharmaceutical, legal, bioscience, dental, and scientific and engineering fields, integrated with Word or WordPerfect.
SpellingCow Spell Checker
- A web-based spell checker that can be installed on any Internet web form. Add just two lines to install. Free and licensed versions available.
- Multilingual spell-checker software. Check spelling for English, German, French, Spanish in any Windows application. Dictionary: business, science, humanities, medical and technical.
Suggester Spell Check
- Java library to provide local spell checking service. Free.
- A free English spell-checker for Windows. Checks word in clipboard and/or on the fly. Small and easy to use. Resides in the system tray.
WBOSS (Web Based Open Source Spell Checker)
- Linguistic products for software developers: Sentry spell check engine, ThesDB thesaurus engine, dictionaries, grammar checkers. For MFC, ANSI C/C++, Office, VB, Delphi, Java, Web, and ASP.
Checking Out Three Freestanding Spell Checkers
- Applelinks.com reviews Excalibur, Spellswell Plus, and Spell Catcher for Macintosh, giving 3, 3, and 5 stars respectively. (January 20, 2000)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 10, 2014 at 14:00:13 UTC -