the entire directory
only in Writers_Resources/Screenwriting
Agents and Managers
Screenplay Registration Services
Arts: Entertainment: Weblogs
Arts: Movies: Filmmaking: Screenwriting
All About Screenwriting
- Information such as plot structure, agents and clubs. Also includes several screenplays.
- Terry Borst began writing under the alt.screenwriters column banner in 1996. Occasional posts continue to discuss the collision of contemporary screenwriting and media convergence.
American Screenwriters Association
- Non-profit organization supports writers through educational seminars, screenplay competitions, script critique service and industry contacts.
BBC Online - The Writers' Room
- Learn how to write for and submit scripts to the BBC.
Big Think - Interview with Script Guru Robert Mckee
- An exclusive interview with screenwriting guru Robert Mckee in video.
- A resource site on writing screenplays about the African-American community.
Canadian Screenwriter Magazine
- Industry magazine published quarterly, with selected articles available on the site. Digital copy available free with password given on the site.
Chicago Screenwriters Network
- Chicago-based organization for local screenwriters offering industry networking opportunities and member evaluation of individual screenplays.
- National non-profit screenwriter's organization that helps emerging screenwriters hone their craft and find alternative access to the screen.
- Free forum for screenwriters who specialize in writing feature length comedies.
Complications Ensue: The Crafty TV and Screenwriting Blog
- Screenwriting weblog about watching and writing TV and movies, by a working screenwriter (with forays into life and political theatre).
- Allen Palmer's site with screenwriting tips and courses.
Creative COW Screenwriting Articles
- A selection of articles about screen writing by Rob Gregory-Browne.
Creative Screenwriting Magazine
- Selected articles from the publication, available online.
Dallas Screenwriters Association
- A non-profit organization providing monthly meetings featuring professional screenwriters, scene readings, workshops, seminars, and networking opportunities. Dallas and Fort Worth area, Texas, US.
Diary of a Second City Sketch Writer's Show
- Jerry M. Krull's diary of putting together a sketch comedy show. His personal experience with The Second City Comedy Writing program in Chicago, IL. Writing and audition tips.
- Resources for script sales in Hollywood, along with interviews, advice, and contact information for agencies and production companies.
Film Script Writing
- A site full of tricks and tips to help the film script writer.
Gideon's Screentwriting Tips - So Now You're A Screenwriter
- A practical site on the technique and business of screenwriting to help improve your scripts and and boost your career
The Green Light
- Interviews with industry professionals. Articles about screenwriting. Story structure and worksheet downloads.
The Green Room at the New Globe
- A free online support service for playwrights, screenwrights, actors, directors, producers, and all preparing for those professions.
- Story of hope and faith and trying to sell a screenplay by Canadian writer Beverley Wood.
Hollywood Script Formula Chart
- Script chart compiling screenwriting formulas, superimposed on the three act structure.
- The entertainment industry's trade paper specifically written for screenwriters. Subscription information available.
How To Write Film Scripts & Screenplays
- Larry A. Jaggard, How to write film scripts, screenplays and movie treatments for review.
- Every week, up to eight screenwriters sell or option their scripts on our site. Sell your script. Get your screenplay seen by producers, production companies and literary agents.
International Screenwriters Association
- The ISA is an informational resource and networking hub for all screenwriters.
Jeff Kitchen's Screenwriting Seminar
- Hollywood screenwriting seminar with individual hands-on development sessions and state-of-the-art tools for the dramatist.
- Screenwriting tools, resources, and advice for established and novice writers alike
The Lonely Keyboard
- Real advice from working professionals on the art, craft, and business of screenwriting.
- Features a database of screenwriting contests, script sales, literary agencies, film producers, and publishes an email newsletter.
Our Pitch Sessions to Star Trek
- Behind the walls at Deep Space Nine and Voyager Pitches. Real insight into how the pitch process works.
- News about movie scripts from a European perspective, focusing on releases, quotes and prizes.
- Parody for new scriptwriters on writing tips and how to sell or "pitch" a screenplay.
- A growing alliance of accredited screenwriters who are using the Internet to market their original screenplays.
- A free writer's community: upload ideas, and scripts, share feedback with other writers, meet new friends. We also have a script contest.
- Companion to Syd Field's official site offers free email, forums, chat rooms, tips, tutorials and online screenwriting classes.
Screenwriters at Scriptmania
- Links to entertainment news, film festivals, screenwriting competitions, and software.
- Contains movie reviews, addresses for production companies, chat, and forums.
Screenwriters Federation of America
- A professional portal for working and aspiring screenwriters globally.
- Offers resources and tips for writing and formatting a screenplay and improve script writing skills.
Screenwriting Goldmine Blog
- Blog written by professional British screenwriter, giving insight into working in the industry, free screenwriting tips, and a detailed step by step screenwriting training package.
- Offers free eBook with tips and strategies for aspiring screenwriters.
- Step by step guide from the mechanics of writing to style.
- Online magazine for screen writers. Story board plot lines, write scripts formatted to the Hollywood standard and network with other writers.
The Script Lab
- A screenwriting news and screenplay educational magazine. Guiding writers from script development through to sale and production.
- Screenwriter's resources, chats, script writing articles, online classes, screenplay links, supplies, and screenplay competition.
- A resource site for amateur and professional screenwriters. Advice, software downloads and reviews, books, discussion forums, tips, hints and exercises to help writers improve their skills. Don Bledsoe.
- Weekly email newsletter sent by working writer with BBC Radio and theater credits. Gives tips for individuals working on stage, TV, or radio scripts.
The Script Vault
- UK based script service.
- Spec market listings and articles for writers.
- An independent member-run screenplay development group that concentrates on commercially viable screenplays. Founded in March 2004, membership is limited to 16 professional level writers.
- The advice-on-a-page diagram created by writers, for writers.
- Hypertexted writing guide covering the elements of a script, advanced formatting and what to do with a finished script.
The Single Screenwriter
- Screenwriting advice, humor, and news from the trenches.
Story Notes Newsletter
- A free newsletter devoted to the craft of screenwriting, by Jeff Newman. New articles monthly, plus access to back issues on site.
- Syd Field, offers free email, message forums and chat rooms through his website and its companion site, ScreenwritersCorner.com.
The Television Writers Vault
- Project database used by writers, creators, and producers to pitch and sell original show ideas, scripts, and properties for development and production in all genres of televised entertainment.
Tennessee Screenwriting Association
- Working to develop avenues for members to prepare for the real world of the entertainment business.
The Thinking Writer
- Non-commercial website includes how-to columns, recommended reading, a creative word list, and links to daily entertainment news, current script sales, online screenplay repositories, and other screenwriter's resources.
- Larry Brody's guide to writing for TV.
What a Script
- Learn the screenwriting craft from experts and characters of screenplays while having fun.
Where's the Drama?
- Explores mediunistic, character-based dramatic storytelling for the big and small screen. Hosted by script doctor, Billy Marshall Stoneking.
- Forum run by working screenwriters Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio.
- For screenwriters and playwrights. Offers a writing contest, a collection of produced studio and indie scripts, writer mentoring, script consulting and possible free pitch to agencies and production companies, and "The Confidential Studio Manual".
Writers Store eZine
- A free, bi-weekly newsletter with articles, advice columns, screenwriting news from recognized Industry authors and educators.
Your No Budget Screenplay
- A blog site designed by a low budget film maker to show in the form of simple post what is meant by the terms low and or no budget screenplays.
Salon - Schmucks With Underwoods
- Article about screenwriting from Laura Miller. (October 25, 2007)
- An instructional Web site, provides step-by-step instructional advice about the art and business of screenwriting. [RSS]
Usenet misc.writing.screenplays -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 1, 2016 at 16:26:55 UTC -