become an editor
the entire directory
only in Writers_Resources/Publishing
Open Directory - Arts: Writers Resources: Publishing
Magazines and E-zines
Resources for Weblog Authors
Arts: Graphic Design: Resources
Business: Publishing and Printing: Publishing: Services: Design
Business: Publishing and Printing: Publishing: Services: Free Content
Aaron Shepard's Publishing Page
- Resources for self publishing and desktop book publishing. How to publish books with common software, online marketing, and print on demand.
The Art of Electronic Publishing
- Sandy Ressler's thorough introduction to electronic publishing, fully navigable online. A valuable resource for a review of all the fundamentals of the field.
- Notes, quotes and tips for writing great ezines, blogs and online copy. A weblog for coaches, consultants, speakers, authors and publishers who want to hone their skills and improve their communications.
Colorado Independent Publishers Association
- CIPA provides education, support, networking and nurturing to independent publishers and other related industry professionals.
Electronic Literature Organization
- A nonprofit organization with a mission to promote and facilitate the writing, publishing and reading of literature designed for electronic media, ELO's site features industry news, events, chats and links.
- A discussion list for people interested in fanzines. Small presses, self publishing, writers and editors.
The Fearless Publishing Guide
- An overview of the main routes to publication, mainstream and alternative, with many links.
A Guide to Self Publishing in the UK
- A step by step guide to self publishing in the UK.
I Can't Get Published.com
- Tips and resources for all types of writers who seek publication.
- Create and distribute interactive newsletters in the form of an email message and a Web page. Mainly business and professional newsletters.
An Incomplete Guide to POD Publishers
- A comparison of a number of major pod publishers.
The Independent Publishing Resource Center
- Facilitates creative expression and identity by providing individual access to the resources and tools for the creation of independently published media and art. Portland, Oregon.
Internet Authors Network
- Provides free services, tools, and tips to help authors promote their books on the Internet. Includes a banner button exchange and webrings. No fees, no credits to earn.
ITI's Literary Market Place.com
- Searchable database of publishers and literary agencies. Some free access, most requires a paid subscription.
- Articles for editors working electronically.
Merry Bruns : Web Editors Toolkit
- Resources for web writers and editors. Links to sources on writing, accessiblility, credibility, information architecture, accessibility, usability, style guides and reference sites.
MJ Rose: The Future of Publishing
- Article about online publishers.
Newsletter Publishers Network
- An open forum for newsletter publishers. If you publish a newsletter of any kind (profit or non-), feel free to post a tip, gripe, boast, or anything else you feel worthwhile to your peers.
- Articles and links related to the publishing industry and self publishing, including book, audio book, magazine, newsletter and electronic publishing.
- A guide to publishing that includes information on self-publishing, e-books, publishing companies and marketing.
Publishing in the Northwest
- A collection of resources for publishing non-fiction in the Northwest United States, with descriptions of small publishers. From Open Spaces Quarterly.
- Morris Rosenthal's 200+ article collection about self publishing, published in weblog form.
- Articles, guides and FAQ for authors who are self-publishing their books as well as a directory and visitor submitted reviews of publishing companies and author book listings.
Self-Publishing in the New Millennium
- Information and comparisons of various Print on Demand (POD) publishers. Also has articles about the different types of self-publishing including the advantages and disadvantages.
SFF Chronicles - Publishing forum
- Forum about the publishing industry and getting published. Moderated by literary agents.
The Small Press Comics FAQ Page
- how to create and self-publish your own comics.
The Small Publishers Association of North America
- To bring success to small publishers, self-publishers, and authors.
Small Publishers, Artists, and Writers Network
- SPAWN provides information and contacts for everyone involved in publishing.
Tribe: Self-publishers Unite
- Community for self publishers.
- Guide to independent book publishing (also called self-publishing or alternative publishing) using new technologies to lower costs and reach readers more directly.
- The news from members of the WOLves program, which teaches basic promotion to writers.
- Articles and ideas for promoting and publishing ebooks and blogs,
Write and Publish Your Book
- Online magazine with articles dedicated to writing and self-publishing books.
Writing-World.com: Publishing Your Book
- Step by step guide to self-publishing, by Moira Allen.
Yahoo Groups: Zine Geeks
- An email list for zinesters to talk about zines, small publishing and the free press in general.
- For publishers, writers, artists: news about the free press publishers, small-press reviews, letters, and a listing of zines.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 13, 2014 at 12:45:06 UTC -