become an editor
the entire directory
only in Writers_Resources/Playwriting
Arts: Literature: Drama: Contemporary: Playwrights
Arts: Performing Arts: Theatre
Arts: Performing Arts: Theatre: Troupes and Companies
Alliance of Los Angeles Playwrights
- Support and service organization dedicated to addressing the professional needs of the Los Angeles playwriting community.
Ashland New Plays Festival
- An international playwright competition; with submission guidelines, application form and news.
Australian Script Centre
- Collects, catalogues, promotes and distributes unpublished Australian plays and now holds hundreds of scripts.
- Large collection of Australian scripts available for purchase. Read extracts, rate the scripts, and search by cast size, age, audience age and categories.
Boston Playwrights' Theatre
- Award-winning professional theatre, founded in 1981 to promote new plays. Home to the Boston University Graduate Playwriting Program, and producers of the Boston Theater Marathon.
- Web resource for playwrights, producers, and anybody interested in plays.
The Dramatists Guild of America
- Professional association of American playwrights. The Guild protects the rights of dramatists in relation to producers and more recently Directors.
- Meeting place on the web for scriptwriters of all kinds.
Hidden River Arts
- A non-profit literary arts organization in Philadelphia, PA offering playwrighting and fiction competitions yearly, as well as residencies, workshops, and educational outreach programs.
International Centre for Women Playwrights
- To support women playwrights around the world.
Lazy Bee Scripts
- Online publisher of pantomimes and plays. Guidelines for authors and playwrights.
- Online publishers of mainly English pantomimes, but also plays and musicals. Includes submission guidelines and a tutorial on how to write pantomimes.
Linda Eisenstein: Practical Playwriting
- Excerpts from advice book for playwrights, including "17 Surefire Ways to Get Your Scripts Rejected."
Moondance International Film Festival
- To promote and encourage women screenwriters, playwrights, short-story writers, and women who make independent films.
New Theatre Publications
- Over 500 stage plays. Free catalogues, free evaluation copies. New members & submissions welcome.
New Writing South
- Creative writing organisation in the South East of UK for writers, and agencies. Includes playwrights network, directory of writers and competitions, workshop and education programmes, and members area.
- Offers plays online for production. Specializes in plays that require little or no technical support. Annual playwrighting Contest. Free perusal copies available via email upon request.
NY Play Development Lab
- Serves and supports member playwrights in the creation of new stage works. Offers script labs, readings, and promotion.
- NYCPlaywrights is a nonprofit organization for writers. Meets Wednesdays in NYC for play readings as an aid to development. New writers welcome.
Ohio University MFA Playwriting
- Information about the Master of Fine Arts Degree Program in Playwriting at Ohio University.
PDC: The Philadelphia Dramatists Center
- PDC is a community of playwrights, collaborating artists, and audience members dedicated to the creation and nurture of new works for live performance.
Philadelphia Young Playwrights
- Philadelphia Young Playwrights is an intensive arts- education program that pairs a professional teaching artist with a classroom teacher. The two work together as an artistic team, guiding and supporting students in the process of writing a play.
Pittsburgh New Works Festival
- Annual competition for one-act plays that have never been produced. 12 plays are selected for main stage production and 6 for staged readings. Submission fee.
- New play development program serving the San Francisco Bay Area. Focus is on the collaborative process between emerging local playwrights and professional actors.
- Agency and script advisory service for New Zealand playwrights.
Playwrights Atlantic Resource Centre
- Membership organization offering support services for Canadian Atlantic playwrights. PARC services include development, showcasing and promotion of work by regional playwrights. Membership is open to playwrights, theater companies, students and theatre lovers in the four Atlantic provinces of Canada.
- West Coast Center for new play development - resources for playwrights and annual Bay Area Playwrights Festival.
Playwrights Guild of Canada
- Service organization for Canadian playwrights (formerly the Playwrights Union of Canada). Searchable online catalogue.
- Minneapolis-based, The Playwrights' Center fuels the theater by providing services to support playwrights and playwriting.
The Playwrights' Center of San Francisco
- A service for playwrights, showing the schedule of staged readings of new plays.
- A playwriting tutorial written by playwright and screenwriter Jon Dorf.
Playwriting Opportunities for the E-Merging Writer
- Free listing of playwriting opportunities: retreats, workshops, contests, ongoing submissions, links and resources.
Project Writers Unite
- Bay Area writers club. Welcomes writers from all creative writing mediums, including playwrights.
- Online publisher of professionally-produced stage plays. Full or partial scripts may be read free-of-charge at the site.
Resources for Teaching Playwriting Compiled by Adam Russell
- Annotated bibliography of recommended texts. [PDF]
Six Women Playwriting Festival
- Held each April in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Six plays are chosen; playwrights receive monetary compensation, accommodations, and travel stipend to Colorado.
Stage Plays by Ian Hornby
- Plays available for production. Free evaluation copy on request.
Will Dunne Dramatic Writing Workshops
- Offers support for playwrights and screenwriters, including private consultations for dramatic writers anywhere in the world and an ongoing quarterly workshop program for dramatic writers in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Working Man’s Clothes Productions
- Multiple award winning NYC theatre company focuses on developing and staging new works and plays. Accepting submissions year-round.
Write Angle Productions
- Devoted to supporting work of member playwrights and developing new scripts for production. Includes ongoing Ten Minute Play contest.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 30, 2014 at 9:54:06 UTC -