become an editor
the entire directory
only in Europe/United_Kingdom
Open Directory - Arts: Writers Resources: Organizations: Europe: United Kingdom
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Arts and Entertainment: Literature: Poetry: Organisations: Writers Groups
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Arts and Entertainment: Writers' Resources
The Authors' Licensing and Collecting Society
- The ALCS is the British collecting society for all writers. The principal purpose of ALCS is to ensure that hard-to-collect revenues due to authors are efficiently collected and speedily distributed to ALCS members.
- A writers' community based in Birmingham, UK.
The Burry Man Writers Center
- Hand-picked resources and exclusive articles for fiction and nonfiction writers, working professionals and beginners, with particular support for writing about Scotland.
- To promote literature and its understanding; to uphold writers freedoms around the world; and to promote the friendly co-operation of writers and the free exchange of their ideas.
Felixstowe Scribblers Online Jotters
- An established writers circle based in Felixstowe, Suffolk. This weblog will be about writing, life in Felixstowe and generally what the group and individuals are up to.
The Hampstead Authors' Society
- The Society was set up in 1997 to provide a professional and social network and forum for writers. Has members from London, Oxford, Cambridge and even from France, USA and elsewhere.
Leicester Writers' Club
- Includes list of events, details of members, how to become a member and lots of other interesting details.
Llandudno and District Writers Club
- Members, programme and contact details. Meets on Tuesdays at the Old School Lane Centre in Llandudno.
Manchester Comedy Writers Group
- Mutual support group for all writers of performance comedy. This includes formats for TV, radio or perhaps some new form of comedy altogether.
The Nantwich Writer's Group
- The virtual home of a group of writers from South Cheshire, led by Mills and Boon author, Penny Jordan. Includes member weblogs, a directory and discussion forum.
National Association for Literature Development
- Professional lobbyist and support body for all those involved in the development of creative writing and reading. Offers seminars, training days, newsletters, and contact with other literary professionals across the UK.[Flash Required]
New Writers UK inspirational writing
- A not-for-profit group of authors in the United Kingdom that support one another in writing both fiction and non-fiction books. Includes a forum and chat area as well as Meet the Author sessions to help promote books.
- Group formed to promote new writing for stage, screen, radio and television. Based in Bristol, UK.
Spread the Word
- Supports the development of new creative writing and live literature in London. An online community of writers for feedback on writing, competitions and online workshops with high profile authors.
Thames Valley Writers' Circle
- A circle of writers, founded in 1993, who meet weekly in Tilehurst, Reading, Berkshire. Publish anthologies and have occasional invited speakers.
- Email discussion list for writers in the UK.
Verulam Writers' Circle
- Offers writers' workshops, manuscript evenings, encouragement through constructive critique, talks, competitions and workshops.
- Lists over a 1,000 writers' circles or groups in the UK.
- UK writer's community. A source of inspiration and feedback to writers, offering support, advice, interviews and articles from top writing names. Inside information on the latest writing jobs, opportunities, competitions and news.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:54:04 PM EST -