become an editor
the entire directory
only in Technical_Writing/Associations
Association of Proposal Management Professionals
Society for Technical Communication
Business: Business Services: Communications: Associations
Business: Business Services: Communications: Writing and Editing: Editing and Proofreading: Indexing: Associations
Society: Organizations: Professional
Alliance for Computers and Writing (ACW)
- Supports teachers at all levels of instruction in their intellignet, theory-based use of computers in writing instruction.
Association for Business Communication
- Includes background, membership information, publication and convention details, jobs list, and members-only section.
Association for Communication Excellence in Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Life and Human Sciences
- Association of communication and information technology professionals. Includes publications, membership details, and information about special interest groups.
Association for Computer Machinery - SIGCHI
- Special Interest Group on Computer-Human Interaction
Association for Computer Machinery - SIGDOC
- Special Interest Group for DOCumentation, a society of senior communication professionals.
Association of Earth Science Editors (AESE)
- An organization of editors, journal managers, and others concerned with publication in the earth sciences.
Association of Professional Communication Consultants (APCC)
- Supports communication consultants through newsletters, awards, listserv, annual workshops and conferences, membership directory, surveys.
Association Of Teachers of Technical Writing (ATTW)
- Tutorial support for university courses and mailing list. [Requires registration]
Australian Society for Technical Communication (Victoria) Inc
- Non-profit society for technical writers and other professionals involved in the communication of technical information.
Board of Editors in the Life Sciences (BELS)
- Evaluates the proficiency of manuscript editors in the life sciences and to award credentials similar to those obtainable in other professions. Provides certifications as Editor Life Sciences (ELS).
Center for Information-Development Management
- Committed to providing a focused, expert, and progressive forum to support documentation, training, and customer service managers in creating high performance teams that produce effective and appropriate deliverables. White papers, listserv, publications, conferences, newsletters and members section provided.
Conseil des Rédacteurs Techniques (CRT)
- A French non-profit organization for technical communicators. [Information in English and French]
Cooperative Communicators Association (CCA)
- Helping members of co-operatives excel in communications - from writing, photography, and editing to video, layout, and design
Council for Programs in Technical and Scientific Communication (CPTSC)
- News, newsletters, and information on conferences and forums.
Council of Science Editors (CSE)
- Improve communication in the sciences by educating authors, editors, and publishers through articles, links, resources, publications, and job bank. Formerly Council of Biology Editors (CBE).
European Association for Technical Communication – tekom Europe e.V
- German professional association for technical communication. Includes information about the career of technical writers, certification, education, articles, news, and conferences. [English and German]
European Association for Terminology (EAFT-AET-EEO)
- Supports the terminology sector in Europe; designed to further plurilingualism through terminology, to provide a European platform for promoting and professionalising terminological activities and improving awareness of them, and to liaise and cooperate actively with other relevant organisations, associations and institutions at all levels.
European Association of Science Editors (EASE)
- A truly international organization providing science writers and editors resources, links, newsletter, mailing lists, networking.
The Finnish Terminology Centre (TSK)
- Provides terminology consultation, work, publications, newsletters, training and activities for its members.
IEEE Professional Communication Society
- The primary mission of the IEEE Professional Communication Society (PCS) is to help engineer and technical communicators develop skills in written and oral presentation.
Institute of Scientific and Technical Communicators (ISTC)
- The UK professional association for technical communicators (technical authors, technical writers, technical illustrators) and information developers. Also of interest to those working in associated jobs, such as translators.
National Association of Government Communicators (NAGC)
- Professional network of federal, state and local government employees who disseminate information within and outside government. Its members are editors, writers, graphic artists, video professionals, broadcasters, photographers, information specialists and agency spokespersons.
National Association of Science Writers (NASW)
- Organization of science journalists and communicators providing links, newsletter, networking, regional meetings, and educational workshops.
- An association of organizations and societies in the Nordic countries which are engaged in terminology work, training, and research. Includes organization background and a forum.
Société Québécoise de la Rédaction Professionnelle (SQRP)
- Society of technical writers. Membership requires that prospective members pass an in-house certification exam. Includes exam information and a list of members.
Usenet comp.org.acm -
Usenet comp.org.ieee -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 28, 2014 at 1:23:54 UTC -