become an editor
the entire directory
only in Non-Fiction/Journalism
Open Directory - Arts: Writers Resources: Non-Fiction: Journalism
News: Media Industry: Employment
News: Media Industry: Participatory: Resources
News: Media Industry: Services: Business Services for Media
News: Newspapers: Publishers
Computer Assisted Reporting
- Research, links and resources for journalists, students, and journalism educators using computer-assisted reporting (CAR) methods in English speaking countries outside the United States.
- Technology advances in journalism, tips for finding owners of Internet domains, Census of India, ethics, links.
The Economist Style Guide
- Guide based on the style book given to all journalists at The Economist.
- A worldwide press communication service specializing in the writing and distribution of technical news stories to editors of trade and technical magazines and TV programming around the world.
Environmental Media Services
- Resources for journalists and others interested in environmental issues. Includes, breaking news and backgrounders, press-events, facts and contacts on biotechnology, sprawl, chemicals and health, pollution, trade, pesticides, and global warming.
A Few Free Journalism Lessons
- Prepared by an ex-editor this site offers the basics, and invites readers to join discussions, suggest topics, recommend books.
The Freelance Journalist's Mailing List
- Dedicated to anyone and everyone who freelances in the media field, from copywriters to photographers, short story writers to journalists. The aim of the group is to provide news on writing markets and job opportunities, a critique group and a forum for freelancers.
- Presented by the American Society of Newspaper Editors. Has resources for student journalists, teachers, editors of student journalists, and guidance counselors.
Insert Text Here
- Journalism Jobs Site with media news updates, and useful links for reporters. Also features announcements about upcoming conferences, fellowships and jobs.
Internet Information Resources for Australian Journalists
- Guide to factual or background information, including business, government departments and policies, industrial awards, legislation, reports, statistics, and trade figures and policy, as well as basic reference tools.
Internet Resources for Journalists and Broadcasters
- Resources on journalism and broadcasting from both a Canadian and a world perspective.
Investigative Reporters and Editors
- IRE is a grassroots non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of investigative reporting within the field of journalism.
- A UK-specific compilation of web links for journalists, writers, broadcasters and students with book and web site reviews and links to news sources worldwide, training and job opportunities.
- Web research and tips for journalists.
- An information hub from Temple University set up to assist communications professionals, students, and interested others find information on the Internet.
- Customizable portal designed as a web search tool for journalists with categorized links to news and information sources.
MSNBC: First Read
- Daily memo prepared by the political unit for NBC News. A tool for analyzing the morning’s political events.
National Press Club
- Official site with information on upcoming events and briefings.
- News contacts, internet links and resources, law and ethics updates for UK journalists.
- A place for editors, all media welcome. Just a place for editors, professional, student or both, to chat it up and find journalism links.
- A resource for creating clear, conversational news scripts that grab viewers' attention and create a lasting impact.
Online Journalism Review
- The journalist's first stop for Web-based research on stories.
Peter's Place Of Freelance Journalism
- Professional freelance writing and journalism in Canada and United States. Links for markets and writing articles.
- Resources and training for journalists, from Bill Dedman. Alert services, bookmarks, newsroom training, search tools, lists of lists and reference books.
- Dedicated to teaching and inspiring journalists. Promotes excellence and integrity in the practice of craft and in the practical leadership of successful businesses.
Quill & Scroll
- The society sponsors scholarships, writing and photography contests, yearbook contests, in-depth evaluation of student publications, and a quarterly magazine.
- Free service for UK journalists which puts them in touch with providers of news leads and editorial assistance. Part of the PR Press Network.
- Story idea exchange.
- Provides fill-in forms and highly select web resources on a launch pad for journalism work.
- The site for web-assisted reporting, with carefully chosen links for journalists, created by a Texas-based reporter.
Reporters Aptitude Test
- Do you have what it takes, ethically and morally, to be a reporter/ journalist in today's society?
- For journalists, working on independent editorial. Gather facts, comments and background from hundreds of PRs, UK only.
- For journalists working on technology and business/ finance subjects. Includes Tech Response Source enquiry service, PR directory, release wire and Freelance Journalist Directory.
Student Press Law Center
- Legal information for student journalists and educators in such areas as censorship, libel, copyright, and freedom of information. Links to other resources and internship opportunities.
- A resource for high school and college journalists and publications. Home of the National Scholastic Press Association and Associated Collegiate Press.
UNICEF Press Centre: Tools for Journalists
- Updated daily by a full-time editor, helps journalists from around the world research and write about children and the issues that concern them.
The Usually Useful Internet Guide for Journalists
- An Internet guide for journalists. Created for those who want to have a better understanding of the Internet and its potential as a journalistic research tool.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, June 21, 2013 5:35:04 AM EDT -