the entire directory
only in Writers_Resources/Non-Fiction
Open Directory - Arts: Writers Resources: Non-Fiction
Greeting Card Writing
This category in other languages:
American Society of Business Press Editors
- Founded in 1964, ASBPE is the professional association for full-time and freelance editors and writers employed in the business, trade, and specialty press.
Basic Guide to Essay Writing
- A step-by-step guide to writing a basic essay, along with links to other writing resources.
- This is a nuts and bolts how-to ezine on creating and delivering humor effectively and professionally.
Construction Writers Association
- A non-profit, non-partisan, international organization for professional journalists, writers, editors and publicists serving the information needs of the construction industry.
Education Writers Association
- National professional association of education reporters, was created in 1947 to improve education reporting to the public.
Essay, I Say
- Practical articles on essay-writing, for students who write essays to fulfill class assignments and for those who write essays for other reasons.
- An online writing workshop for short, creative nonfiction (1000 words and under).
The Guild of Health Writers
- A group of journalists dedicated to providing accurate, broad-based information about health and related subjects to the public.
- A forum for scholars and teachers of the history of rhetoric, writing, and communication.
Health Writers' Hangout
- How-to writing tips, inspiration and resources for beginning and experienced health writers. Market newsletter, book catalog, articles, updates, and writers' links.
- Ezine with news and events geared to humor writing.
Kurt H. Hackemer
- Guide to writing research papers and book reviews.
Mrs. Beachy's Writing Essays Page
- Examples on how to write different styles of essays. Styles include cause and effect, character sketch, comparison, definition, descriptive, and literary.
National Society of Newspaper Columnists
- For all kinds of columnists to get together and tell war stories, commiserate about editors.
- Interpreting statistical information for professional writers.
Pegasus Writers Stable
- An online organization of professional freelance writers of non-fiction. The website also features reference and research links of interest to writers of any genre.
Philadelphia Sports Writers Association
- A voice for the media concerning working press conditions as well as providing fraternal activities for members.
Professional Association of Résumé Writers
- Dedicated to elevating the skills, credibility, visibility, and profitability of specialists in the fields of résumé writing, career coaching, and career counseling.
- A collaborative of public relations professionals linked by Internet to give journalists and authors convenient access to expert sources.
- Not for novices. This list is for professional writers, experienced (+5 years) contributors of Non-fiction to print newspapers and periodicals: for magazine staff, independent contributors, and those with editorial expertise.
Trade Writer's Resource Center
- Trade magazines and job listings for trade writers.
Writing for Radio
- To provide creative suggestions and ideas to radio news reporters, writers and anchors.
Writing It Real
- Online magazine on writing from personal experience. Articles, resources for writers, and exercises.
You Can Write
- Explains what (and who) gets published and why. How editors and agents make decisions, and exactly what you have to do to get their attention.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 6, 2014 at 2:51:25 UTC -