the entire directory
only in News_and_Media/Weblogs
News and Media
Arts: Literature: Reviews and Criticism
Computers: Internet: On the Web: Weblogs
Computers: Internet: Web Design and Development: Promotion: Weblogs
1,000 Words A Day
- Writer's information, book reviews, short stories and news on the literary world.
21st Century Publishing
- Occasional posts about print on demand and small press publishing.
- A blog by MacAllister Stone on writing topics, including freelance writing, novels and nonfiction. Contains a forum.
Ain't I A Writer?
- Chronicles the efforts of a struggling freelance writer (prose, poetry, and creative nonfiction) on her midlife career transition.
All Kinds of Writing
- A weblog about the art of writing and the writing business. Freelancing and writing in order to get paid.
Angela Booth's Writing Blog
- For freelance writers, writing fiction, nonfiction and copywriting to have fun, and become a better writer.
- A look at literature through the eyes of writers looking more closely at the tools of the craft.
- Journal of a writer.
- Post questions and find answers on all of your too-afraid-to-ask concerns, hesitancies and worries about breaking into the publishing field.
- Dedicated to helping new writers and authors develop their writing talents to the next level.
- One writer's journey to publication and beyond.
- Valentina Dordevic's blog on books and writing. Book reviews, essays and writing tips.
- News and views for authors.
- A weblog about writing and publishing with Joni Rogers.
Boomer Chick: Musings of an Over the Hill Chick
- An ordinary day in the life of a boomer babe. Writing books and keeping an online writing community.
Bridget Whelan writer
- A blog for writers and would-be writers by a published novelist offering information about competitions, advice and publishing news.
Cabbages and Kings
- A diary by the authors of the Louis Kincaid series.
- Personal blog from a fiction writer.
Confessions of An Author
- Diary of a D list author, twice-published commercial women's fiction writer, and her hapless dealings in the world of publishing.
A Conservatory of One
- Offers writing resources, writing prompts,and news bits to aid writers as they study and pursue in the writing craft.
The Dabbling Mum
- Self employed writing Mother.
- A site about writing, blogging, writing as therapy, and writing life.
Douglas Smith | Writer
- Douglas Smith links to market sites worldwide, in their respective languages, as well as to other resources including conventions and promotion.
- An anonymous children's book editor gives advice and answers writer's questions.
- Professional writer who pursues many things, including advanced studies in communication and philosophy. Savoring the writing life one word at a time.
- Authors with books that they feel are ready for publication prepare query letters which they would like reviewed. Evil Editor's comments are intended for entertainment purposes only, although many readers insist on finding them instructional as well.
Faster Than Kudzu
- Joshilyn Jackson, play and novel writer, blogs about her work and ideas.
Fear of Writing
- Milli Thornton, Taos, New Mexico. Online course and workshop for writers.
- A weblog all about fiction writing. Includes personal writing reflections, tips, writing markets, resources, and links.
- Articles on writing, reference, writer's resources, news and items of interest from the publishing industry.
- Ethereal thoughts on books and writing.
The Happy Booker
- Author discusses writing and the literary world.
Hen Lit Writers
- A weblog dedicated to the writers of the hen lit genre.
- About writing, with a forum, an outlet for critique and writing discussion.
The Idea Boutique
- Romance authors contribute to a weblog about creativity and where/ how they get their ideas.
Ink in My Coffee
- Writer's journal by Devon Ellington.
- Freelance writer-editor Kristen King is an inkthinker with a passion for the written word.
- Where form and function collude.
It Had Better Be Good
- Diary of a birth of a novel. Everything from the day to day writing slog, to manuscript tips, to publisher submissions.
J Alan Erwine's Blog
- Colorado science fiction writer.
- Sharing ideas on writing, creativity, and making a difference.
Ken Armstrong Writing Stuff
- Has had writing produced for radio, theatre, and film... some short stories published (and broadcast). The writing Irishman.
Lighthouse Writing Tips Blog
- Daily writing tips for both fiction and non-fiction.
- An account of a writer's journey through cyberspace. It includes a weblog, an ezine, free public domain etexts, recipes, quotes and quality links to subjects of interest to writers.
Lisa Burks Online
- Scribbling at the speed of dial up.
The LitBlog Co-Op
- Uniting the leading literary weblogs for the purpose of drawing attention to the best of contemporary fiction, authors and presses, struggling to be noticed in a flooded market place.
- This weblog is a day-to-day account of the writing life, focusing on thoughts on developing plots, the psychology of writing, the minutiae of a freelancer's schedule.
- Tales from the publishing front from a soon-to-be-published author. Some bitching, no whining, some wining.
- Occasional literary links, amusements, politics, and rants. Publishing and writing industry news.
- Articles written as a freelance writer and editor over the years.
Michelle Richmond: San Serif
- Writing exercises, publishing tips, booknotes, and smashingly good advice for writers.
Miss Snark's First Victim
- Gives advice to writers and, along with anonymous literary agents, critiques query letters and partial manuscripts. Includes writing contests.
Miss Snark: The Literary Agent
- In which Miss Snark vents her wrath on the hapless world of writers and crushes them to sand beneath her T.Rexual heels of stiletto snark.
More Than They'll Ever Know
- The frantic life of a scribbling romantic mystery author and single Mom with 2 kids, 3 jobs, 4 dogs and only one life to fit it all into. Author of Sierra Lavotini mystery series.
- Author and educator Ami Hendrickson's daily weblog featuring topical advice and encouragement for writers and riders.
My Year of Getting Published
- Freelance writer living in New Zealand with the ultimate goal to drop the day job and become a travelling writer.
Nathan Bransford Author
- An author and an ex-literary agent with advice on how to write query letters, get an agent and get published.
New Century Notebook
- About writing journals, blogs, and living the writers life. All the ups and downs and lots of crazies.
The New Publisher's Journal
- New publisher, dealing with the realities of the modern publishing industry, harboring numerous iconoclastic ideas, and having an internet-sized repository of information at our fingertips.
A Newbie's Guide to Publishing
- Living proof that talent has very little to do with success.
No Rules. Just Write.
- Inspirational romance author Brenda Coulter on writing, life, and the writing life.
- Regular book coverage, literary and linguistic commentary.
- Writing professionally since 1998.
- The ongoing journey toward publication for a paranormal women's fiction unpublished writer. Rants, insights, feedback, processes and resources for writers.
Paul's Visual Arts, Literature & Philosophy Forum
- The purpose of this weblog is to initiate dialogue between people with interesting ideas about the subjects of greatest consequence to me, namely: the arts and philosophy.
Picture Book Illustrators
- A group of professional children's book authors and illustrators wax poetic about their industry, their projects, and their daydreams.
Queens Write about Writing
- From the women at the Queen Power site.
Query Letters I Love
- Actual query letters received in Hollywood.
The Real Writer
- Chris Stewart's site for those who love writing for its own sake, and are looking for professional, positive support.
- A New York editorial assistant gives advice on the dos and don'ts of query letters and manuscripts to aspiring authors.
Robert Gregory Browne
- The adventures of a first time novelist in the world of publishing.
- Exploring and unlocking the power of creativity in artists and bloggers.
Six-Figure Freelancer’s Blog
- Paul Lima's weblog about freelance writing.
- Provides news and reviews from a literary agent.
- A weblog for the illiterate.
- Discusses publishing and self-publishing. Coverage of books, ebooks, technology and intellectual property issues on the web.[Archived].
- A blog documenting the thoughts of an amateur writer aspiring to improve his skill.
Today I Write
- A review of the psychology of delay and motivation, in an attempt to understand writer's block.
Wish Jar Journal
- Illustrated blog of author/ illustrator Keri Smith.
- Encouraging writers with prompts, writing exercises and editorial posts about writing and publishing on the Internet.
Words Don't Come Easily
- About writing and books. Features reviews, quotes, and lists of outstanding writers. Writes. Designs. Reads everything that crosses her path, even shampoo labels.
World of My Imagination
- Blog to inspire other writers to keep writing, and find their way in the publishing worlds. Inspirational and informative blog posts on the publishing industry.
- Mary's weblog while waiting for the big book deal to kick in for her loopy murder mysteries.
The Write Place Web Log
- Writing help and tools for business and personal writing.
Write This Moment
- A jobs and opportunities website for writers. Membership site.
- Riffs on raising a writing career alongside with your kids.
- About the craft and business of genre fiction.
A Writer's Life
- Lee Goldberg, television writer, blogs about his accomplishments and adventures.
The Writer's Life Blog
- Writing tips, author interviews, guest columnists, industry news. A promotional and marketing blog for the serious author.
Writer's Tricks of the Trade
- Features articles by author/ speaker/ columnist Morgan St. James and guest contributors in the industry filled with tips, techniques, tricks and industry news for writers.
Writers and Editors
- Writer-editor Pat McNees Connecting writers and editors with each other, resources, markets, and audiences.
- A site for writers of all levels with advice, writing contests, author interviews and other useful resources.
Writing and Writer's Weblog
- Writer news and other topics of interest to writers.
The Writing Life
- Nienke Hinton writes about the successes and struggles of an aspiring novelist. Includes links and reviews of writing websites.
The Writing Nag
- A freelance writer offers inspirational writing quotes, daily prompts, creativity exercises and reviews of writing craft books. Motivates the beginning freelance writer to write.
Writing White Papers
- Learn about the latest trends in writing and marketing white papers.
- For writers of all faiths.
- Laura Spencer's thoughts and experiences as a freelance writer.
The Y Logs
- Reflexions, writing topics, short stories and book reviews from a technical writer aspiring to more creative horizons.
Ye Olde Inkwell
- Romance writer, hockey fan, shoe fanatic and coffee lover.
- The weblog of writer and reviewer Ilona Hegedus, who writes sci-fi, fantasy, horror, and poetry. [Atom]
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 7, 2016 at 17:05:04 UTC -