become an editor
the entire directory
only in Writers_Resources/FAQs,_Help,_and_Tutorials
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
Business: Employment: Careers: Counseling and Management
Concise, Scannable, and Objective: How to Write for the Web
- A report on Web usability studies that describes how to write for the internet user.
Daily Writing Tips
- Daily tips on grammar, punctuation, spelling and fiction writing.
Errant Dreams for Writers
- Essays and articles on writing, book reviews and recommendations and writers' exercises.
Fiction writer's tips
- A first time author shares the knowledge he gained writing his novel to help beginner writers create fictional works.
Funds for Writers
- Sources of grants, fellowships, contests, awards, markets and nonprofit partners.
Get Into It
- Deals specifically with writer's block. Includes advice, resources, exercises.
Guide to Literary Agents
- Chuck Sambuchino's blog helps you find the right agent to represent your work. At F+W Media, Inc.
Harold Underdown's Frequently Asked Questions File
- General questions about children's books, writing, and publishing.
How to Copyright a Book - Scribendi.com
- Scribendi.com's editors explain everything you need to know about how to copyright a book.
How to Tell if a New or Small Press is Legitimate
- Ways to check out a publisher before signing a contract.
- Articles for writing, publications and publicity.
Inspiration for Writers
- Writing tips and techniques, editing and critiquing services, and plenty of encouragement.
Meghan McCarthy - Publishing Articles
- A section devoted to authors and illustrators - with publishing advice, writing tips, and author interviews.
Monica Wood- Tips
- Monica Wood is a novelist and short-story writer who teaches fiction workshops. Provides tips for writers.
- Provides tips, tools and resources to help writers get organized and write more.
- Tips and advice from Ruby Bayan, freelance writer, editor, and site designer.
Poison Pen's Guide for Amateur Writers of Erotica
- Includes basic rules and advice on grammar, usage, and mechanics. Informative tips regarding perspective and style. Explains the differences between erotica vs. pornography.
Scribendi Inc - Advice and Articles
- Tips on writing, English, and composition.
Sensible Solutions: Book Marketing
- Offers information to get books into the hands of readers.
SFWA: Information Center
- From Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America, Inc. volunteers. Pointers on manuscript preparation and critiquing.
The Ten Most Common Reasons Book Proposals are Rejected
- Marcia Yudkin provides a list of rejection reasons, and ways to succeed.
Twilight Times: Marketing and Self-Promotion
- Article written by author Astrid Cooper.
Victory Page for Writers of Fiction
- Original articles by Victory Crayne. Links to resources, search tools and motivational articles.
The Vocabula Review (TVR)
- Monthly, free journal. Articles discuss how to battle nonstandard, careless English and embrace clear, expressive English.
Web Writing That Works
- Articles from trainer-writer team Jonathan and Lisa Price. Incorporating research on usability, readability, reading comprehension, and writing methods.
What do Publishers do?
- Excerpt from pages 5-29 of Getting It Published: A Guide for Scholars and Anyone Else Serious about Serious Books, by William Germano.
- Contributing to the Canadian literary community by offering links and resources for student and professional writers.
Write It Sideways
- Provides articles to help writers gain new skills, define goals, increase productivity, and prepare for publication.
- Online resources and articles by Beth Mende Conny.
- From Dan Perez, writer and editor. Articles about agents, short story contracts, writer's groups, and discipline.
- Two essays by J.D. Chapman on writing counterpoints.
Writing for the Web
- Research on how users read on the web and how authors should write their web pages. Mainly based on studies by John Morkes and Jakob Nielsen. Includes links to other resources on the subject.
- Useful articles full of information for both novice and experienced writers.
Writing in Michigan
- This blog which focuses on writing in the state of Michigan, United States, offers a variety of writer's resources including job links, contests, markets and articles.
Writing in the Age of the Network
- Text of ideas about authoring in an age of multi-media: the computer's effect, the book as a media space, and an invitation to respond.
FAQs, Help, and Tutorials
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 14, 2014 at 8:24:03 UTC -