become an editor
the entire directory
only in Contests/Translation
Science: Social Sciences: Linguistics: Translation
The American-Scandinavian Foundation Translation Prizes
- Annual awards for the best published English translations of fiction, poetry, drama or literary prose written in a Nordic language after 1800.
Corneliu M Popescu Prize for Poetry in Translation
- Biannual prize for the best published collection of poems translated into English from European languages.
- An annual prize awarded by the European Commission to the British secondary school pupil who produces the best translation of a set text, in any of the official EU languages, into English.
Society of Authors Translation Prizes
- Prizes for published translations into English of literary works in Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Modern Greek, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish.
Susan Sontag Foundation
- An annual grant awarded to the author of the most promising proposal for translation of a literary work into English. Source languages vary from year to year.
The Times Stephen Spender Prize for Poetry Translation
- An annual prize for the best translation into English of any classic or modern poem. Young translators aged 18 and under are invited to participate.
Young Translators' Prize - Vintage Books
- An annual competition for translators under the age of 35. The prize goes to the best rendition of a set fictional text into English. Source languages vary from year to year.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 14, 2015 at 4:57:37 UTC -