become an editor
the entire directory
only in Contests/Screenwriting
Open Directory - Arts: Writers Resources: Contests: Screenwriting
Arts: Movies: Filmmaking: Screenwriting
Arts: Writers Resources: Screenwriting
This category in other languages:
A Feeding Frenzy
- Screenwriting contest that offers feedback to all participants.
- Original, television scripts, and film scripts are sought.
American Cinema Foundation
- Elicits scripts which are suitable for either theatrical or television production and which tell a positive story about specific fundamental values.
American Gem Short Script Contest
- The winning screenplay will be produced, with the screenwriter sharing in the gross profits.
American Screenwriting Competition
- Annual competition to uncover the best unproduced screenplays and in collaboration with the writer help develop and potentially produce them.
- Spotlights screenplays with a budget summary of less than a million dollars.
BlueCat Screenplay Competition
- An annual search for the best screenplay in the world.
British Short Screenplay Competition
- The winning script will be produced by Kaos Films to be exhibited in UK cinemas and entered into film festivals around the world.
Eerie Horror Film Festival and Screenplay Competition
- An annual screenplay competition and film festival that takes place in Erie, Pennsylvania.
Fade In: Screenwriting Awards
- Cash prizes and industry exposure from the publishers of Fade In Magazine.
- Database of current screenwriting contests.
Gimme Credit Short Screenplay Competition
- Short script (30 pages or less) competition that grants production to the grand prize winner. Entry fees vary on length and time of submission ($9-$44).
- Features screenplay development, film production, script consultation and screenplay contests.
Monterey County Film Commission
- Three finalists will receive one-on-one consultations with jury members at the awards event in Monterey County.
Nashville Screenwriting Competition
- 1st place cash prize of $1,000 plus an all-access pass to the Nashville Independent Film Festival.
Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting
- An international competition, sponsored by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, seeks original screenplays from writers who have not earned more than $5,000 for film or TV scripts. Up to five $25,000 fellowships are awarded each year.
One In Ten Screenplay Contest
- A screenplay contest dedicated to the positive portrayal of gays and lesbians in film. $1000 first prize.
One Location Movie Screenplay Contest
- A screenplay contest promoting the full-length character driven screenplay. First prize is $1000 and a one-year option for production.
Organization of Black Screenwriters
- Categories are original screenplays, half-hour and one hour television spec scripts, and half-hour and one hour television pilot scripts.
PAGE International Screenwriting Awards
- Annual contest founded by Hollywood producers and executives to discover the top new screenplays by up-and-coming writers.
- Annual horror film and screenplay competition. Finalists and winning horror screenplay finalists to be read by literary agents. 0ctober 17th - 20th.
- Feature-length screenplay contest with industry exposure and $1000 grand prizes in five categories.
- An annual screenwriting contest, to find and promote talented new screenwriters, awards prizes in kind but not in cash. Entry fees are payable.
Script Magazine Open Door Contest
- Cash prizes, script notes and consideration from a legitimate management company, production company or agency.
- Monthly screenplay competition. Provides contest details, fee and prize information, deadlines and online application.
- Offers annual screenplay competition with a $10,000 cash prize, a semi- annual television writing competition and professional script analysis.
Set in Philadelphia Screenwriting Competition
- Annual screenplay competition open to writers of screenplays set primarily in the Philadelphia Metropolitan Area. $10,000 grand prize.
Spec Scriptacular Contest
- Television competition for TV episode and movie scripts and original pilot teleplays. $8000 in prizes.
The Austin Film Festival Heart of Film Screenplay Competition
- Competition dedicated to recognizing the writer's contribution to the motion picture industry.
Zoetrope Screenplay Contest
- Annual competition. The top ten screenplays are considered for option by American Zoetrope and for representation by top agencies.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, March 1, 2011 12:03:55 PM EST -