become an editor
the entire directory
only in Contests/Screenwriting
Arts: Movies: Filmmaking: Screenwriting
Arts: Writers Resources: Screenwriting
This category in other languages:
- Original, television scripts, and film scripts are sought.
American Cinema Foundation
- Elicits scripts which are suitable for either theatrical or television production and which tell a positive story about specific fundamental values.
American Gem Short Script Contest
- The winning screenplay will be produced, with the screenwriter sharing in the gross profits.
American Screenwriting Competition
- Annual competition to uncover the best unproduced screenplays and in collaboration with the writer help develop and potentially produce them.
The Austin Film Festival Heart of Film Screenplay Competition
- Competition dedicated to recognizing the writer's contribution to the motion picture industry.
- Spotlights screenplays with a budget summary of less than a million dollars.
BlueCat Screenplay Competition
- An annual search for the best screenplay in the world.
British Short Screenplay Competition
- The winning script will be produced by Kaos Films to be exhibited in UK cinemas and entered into film festivals around the world.
Eerie Horror Film Festival and Screenplay Competition
- An annual screenplay competition and film festival that takes place in Erie, Pennsylvania.
Fade In: Screenwriting Awards
- Cash prizes and industry exposure from the publishers of Fade In Magazine.
- Database of current screenwriting contests.
Gimme Credit Short Screenplay Competition
- Short script (30 pages or less) competition that grants production to the grand prize winner. Entry fees vary on length and time of submission ($9-$44).
Monterey County Film Commission
- Three finalists will receive one-on-one consultations with jury members at the awards event in Monterey County.
Nashville Screenwriting Competition
- 1st place cash prize of $1,000 plus an all-access pass to the Nashville Independent Film Festival.
Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting
- An international competition, sponsored by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, seeks original screenplays from writers who have not earned more than $5,000 for film or TV scripts. Up to five $25,000 fellowships are awarded each year.
Organization of Black Screenwriters
- Categories are original screenplays, half-hour and one hour television spec scripts, and half-hour and one hour television pilot scripts.
PAGE International Screenwriting Awards
- Annual contest founded by Hollywood producers and executives to discover the top new screenplays by up-and-coming writers.
- Annual horror film and screenplay competition. Finalists and winning horror screenplay finalists to be read by literary agents. 0ctober 17th - 20th.
- Feature-length screenplay contest with industry exposure and $1000 grand prizes in five categories.
- An annual screenwriting contest, to find and promote talented new screenwriters, awards prizes in kind but not in cash. Entry fees are payable.
Script Magazine Open Door Contest
- Cash prizes, script notes and consideration from a legitimate management company, production company or agency.
- Offers annual screenplay competition with a $10,000 cash prize, a semi- annual television writing competition and professional script analysis.
Set in Philadelphia Screenwriting Competition
- Annual screenplay competition open to writers of screenplays set primarily in the Philadelphia Metropolitan Area. $10,000 grand prize.
SkyFest Film and Script Festival
- Non-traditional event held in Asheville North Caroline, designed to minimize spending and maximize award winnings. Background information, featured films and filmmakers, categories, past winners, submission details, contact information, and resources.
Spec Scriptacular Contest
- Television competition for TV episode and movie scripts and original pilot teleplays. $8000 in prizes.
Zoetrope Screenplay Contest
- Annual competition. The top ten screenplays are considered for option by American Zoetrope and for representation by top agencies.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 2, 2016 at 5:15:06 UTC -