become an editor
the entire directory
only in Sculptors/Wood
Open Directory - Arts: Visual Arts: Sculpture: Sculptors: Wood
Arts: Crafts: Woodcraft: Artisans
Shopping: Crafts: Woodcraft: Carving
This category in other languages:
- Working on site with standing and felled trees, this UK artist takes his inspiration from the shape of the wood to find ways of expressing the human form.
- This artist from Portland, Oregon crafts wooden sculptures that symbolize hope, grace, fragility, strength, sensuality, integrity, and balance.
- Bas-relief carved panels by this founding member of the New York Feminist Movement.
- Portfolio of environmental wood sculptures, and woodcut prints.
- California artist whose wood sculpture is in the area between abstraction and representation. Includes statement and exhibition schedule.
- The artist presents her figurative social satire and fantasy in four galleries: free standing sculpture, painted reliefs, prints, and letterpress artist's books.
- This artist based in British Columbia expresses his ideas through his carvings and writings. Includes tutorials and art links.
- Carved wood art, utilizing precious and exotic woods to explore metaphysical themes.
Daar , Roberta
- New York artist creates rhythmic and decorative, wall mounted sculpture.
De Marchi, Livio
- Trompe l'oeil, sculpture, furnishings and cars carved in wood by a Venetian artist. Site in English and Italian.
Deschênes, Benoi and David
- Father and son; wood sculptors from St-Jean-Port-Joli, Quebec.
Engdahl, David. L.
- Highly finished, laminated plywood sculpture expressing abstract, organic form.
- Highly finished and polished wildlife sculpture using a variety of hardwoods in combination.
- Figurative work celebrating the femail form carved in native Jamaican mahogany and cedar.
- Polychrome sculpture comprising an 'imaginary circus' of acrobats, mountebanks, sword-swallowers, fire-eaters, jugglers and animal and human hybrids.
Flood, David B.
- Roots and burls of trees brought to life as abstract art.
- Contemporary sculpture using one thousand year old wood that has been twisted by lava.
- Large, free-form, elegant, curvaceous, carvings in highly finished hard woods.
- Large colorful 3-dimensional wall hangings.
- These representational pieces are alive, warm, and sensual. The artist works with the features, and the flaws of the wood.
- Carvings made with laminated timber in combination with stones and minerals. Picture galleries and webcams.
- This site gives an impression of the Dutch artist and his abstract carvings.
- Author of large scale art in wood,stone and bronze.
- Philadelphia artist uses wood carving and painting techniques to create personal interpretations of mythological and social themes.
- Sculptor using organic forms, standing trees, recycling industrial surplus and using mainstream materials.
The Huon Piner
- Ancient Huon Pine recovered from a flooded forest in Tasmania's wilderness.
- Inspiration for her carving comes from the natural world around her rural home.
- This American sculptor offers custom wood, chocolate, animal and decorative carvings.
- Form and energy: carvings and assemblages of megalithic proportions in sequoia wood.
- Environmentally oriented works in locations across the UK and Europe.
Klukas, Johnna Y.
- Fantasy- and Science Fiction-themed carvings, sculptural boxes and chairs in wood and other media. Includes gallery of finished and in-progress pieces, and list of upcoming shows.
- Custom chainsaw carvings and sculptures in a variety of woods.
- Softwood figures capture the fleeting passions and expressions of everyday life.
Lindquist, Mark & Melvin
- Large floor-standing works made on the turner's lathe.
- Works carved on precious wood of ebony, mahogany and iron-wood.
- A portfolio of contemporary wood and stone sculpture with the artist's biography.
- Irish based sculptor creates Celtic sculpture that is visually and spiritually stimulating.
- Featuring figurative, life-size sculptures, totems, and carvings.
- Australian woodcarver and sculptor using fallen timber from the forest floor. Biography and gallery.
- Wood, bronze, and sterling silver sculptor.
- Allegorical animal sculptures and figurative sculpture.
- New York City artist carves animal motifs using found and exotic wood.
- Colorado artist produces large 'sliced' abstract forms using colored, laminated wood.
- Resembling bean pods or mono'cellular organisms these pieces are also inspired by the forms of boats and airplanes. By a Vietnamese artist based in Seattle.
- Automata and intricate, off-beat, mechanical sculptures made out of wood and brass.
- Decorative carving for a maritime environment.
Post, Christine Kowal
- Carved and painted figurative sculptures of women. Her work explores issues of gender, sexuality and mythology.
- Detailed figurative wood sculpture. Her work is influenced by the medieval tradition, some religious pieces, commissions on request.
- Large-scale abstract carvings expressing rhythmic organic form.
- Wall-hung constructions of found wood in shades of bleached beige, silver and charcoal black.
Rothschild, Richard S.
- Life-size and larger, semi-abstract, outdoor animal sculpture. Biography, gallery, artist's statement and price list.
Roy, C. David
- Kinetic sculpture.
- Monumental and figurative works by a Lithuanian wood carver. (Site in English and Lithuanian)
- UK artist shows examples of his constructions and carvings in outdoor locations.
- New York artist fabricates sculpture from fallen trees and unearthed root systems.
- Wooden bowls in Australian native wood species.
- Figurative mechanical sculpture.
- Quirky and colorful sculptures merge the sensibilities of fine art, folk art, and craft while exploring identity, memory, gender, and language.
- Contemporary abstract and figurative wood sculpture from this Estonian artist.
- Master's homepage presenting his profile, awards, and modern sculptures.
- Belgian tree surgeon expresses his love of trees through his wood sculpture.
Vicedo, Guillem Ramos
- Learn about this Spanish artist 1912-1995. See examples of his drawings, sculpture and carved furnishings.
- Chronic Art: quirky carvings and assemblages by this Texan artist.
- Mathematical wood sculptures assembled from repeated elements.
- Specializes in figurative carving with chain-saw, mallet, and gouge.
- Carved with a life-like realism in linden wood, these figures have a haunting presence. Artist working in Northern Italy. Site in English German and Italian.
- Minimalist works by this sculptor who was born in Poland but is now based in Germany. Includes biography, press clippings, and exhibitions listing.
- Hardwood sculptor specializing in marine life.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, November 21, 2013 1:15:26 PM EST -