become an editor
the entire directory
only in Parks_and_Gardens/Europe
Parks and Gardens
Regional: Europe: Arts and Entertainment
- Park and organisation to promote marble sculpture in Thassos, Greece.
Artparks Sculpture Park
- Located in the grounds of Sausmarez Manor (Guernsey), showing each year between 100-200 pieces of sculpture, by around 100 different international artists. Displays over 1300 sculptures online.
- In Lithuania, on an area of 55 hectares, a permanent exhibition of 90 artworks by international artists : the collection includes large scale works by Magdalena Abakanowicz, Sol LeWitt and Dennis Oppenheim among others. Site in Lithuanian and English, short presentation in 15 languages.
Fondation Pierre Gianadda
- In the gardens of Foundation Pierre Giannada (Martigny, Switzerland), a Gallo-Roman archeological site with a permanent collection of works by international artists including (among others) Hans Arp, Alexander Calder, Henry Moore Germaine Richier, Maillol. [French and English]
Herbert Gerisch Stiftung
- Sculpture park managed by The Herbert Gerisch Foundation in Neumünster, Germany. Site in German and English.
- In the sculpture garden of Kröller-Müller Museum (Otterlo, Netherlands), a exceptional collection of sculptural art from the end of 19th century up to present (including Rodin, Moore, Hepworth, Dubuffet and Oldenburg). Site in Dutch and English.
- Sculpture garden and museum in Denmark.
- In Antwerp (Belgium), a permanent open-air museum for modern sculpture (from Bourdelle to Panamarenko). Temporary exhibitions and documentation centre. Site in Dutch and English.
Parco Sculpture del Chianti
- In the Tuscan countryside near Siena (Italy), the Chianti Sculpture Park present a permanent exhibition of over 20 site-specific artworks : an integration of art and nature with a spectrum of international works expressed in a diversity of materials. Site in Italian, English, French and German.
Sculpture at Schoenthal
- In the park of the former benedictine monastery of Schoenthal (Jura, Switzerland), a permanent exhibition of over 20 sculptures by international and Swiss artists : each work has its own space and lead to a subtile dialogue between art and nature. Temporary exhibitions in the former church room. Site in German and English.
- In Norway, a permanent exhibition of 33 artworks by international artists, in 33 municipalities on an area of 40,000 km2 : an open air museum and a dialogue between artworks, landscapes and spectators. Site in Norwegian and English.
- Work by international sculptors in an open air rural setting in the province of Vicenza. Site in Italian, French, English and German.
Statue Park Budapest
- Outdoor museum park of communist era public sculpture removed after the fall of communism in Hungary.
- In the park of Wanas (Sweden), international exhibitions of contemporary art and a permanent collection of 30 artworks by Nordic and American artists. The monumental sculptures and conceptual installations are all site specific. Site in Swedish and English.
Wilhelm Lehmbruck Museum
- In the Kant Park of Wilhelm Lehmbruck Museum (Duisburg, Germany), 40 sculptures in explicit interaction between art and nature, between the museum building and its surroundings : works by Wilhelm Lehmbruck, Henri Laurens, Henry Moore. Site in German and English.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 11, 2014 at 10:45:27 UTC -