become an editor
the entire directory
only in Sculpture/Installations
Arts: Visual Arts: Performance Art
Arts: Visual Arts: Sculpture: Parks and Gardens
This category in other languages:
- Sculpture and installation involving the negotiation of common, re-purposed materials.
- Australian artist archive of installation sculpture and exhibitions in a range of media.
Bews, Philip and Gorvin, Diane
- Public, site-specific sculpture of a wide range of materials including carved stone and wood, and modeled plaster or clay sculptures for casting into bronze or glass. Coleford, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire, UK.
- Architecturally-inspired structures reference their social contexts, including performance activations (structure movement, audience participation, and composed and random sound). California, USA
- Site-specific and culturally-sensitive installations of stone and natural materials based on natural forms and spiritual inspiration. New Zealand.
- Public art, sculpture, and installations using a variety of discarded and repurposed materials to create complex narratives.
- Website detailing works by deceased artist (2011) of mixed media sculpture installations that reference cultural myths
- Installations include light-based sculptures combining resins and florescent light in public venues. Nottingham, England.
Darke Water Sculptures
- Inspirational natural art designed and manufactured of contemporary water sculpture features incorporating glass, stainless steel and acrylic for the home or work place.
Forbes, Peter E.
- Two major "aero-style" installations incorporate motion with audio and light projection fitted with closed circuit television cameras. Syracuse, New York.
- Light sculpture and architectural lighting use neon, ceramics, and cold cathode for indoor and outdoor artistic and architectural applications. New York City, USA.
- Works address issues such as violence, gender, and the compulsion for standardization and conformity with the juxtaposition of hard elements such as concrete, metal, and hardware, with soft materials such as fabric, white bread, and rubber.
- Bronze sculptures include the Vietnam Women's Memorial (1993), the Irish Memorial (2003), and 50 bronze portraits. Website includes major installations, biography, articles and interview.
- Light sculptures and architectural installations using neon, LEDs, film and video as well as drawing and painting.
- Design with nature
- Installations representing Ki-energy-- blend of futuristic elements that reflect evolving science and machinery, and primitive elements such as life force and passion (energy) that reflect the more fundamental aspects of modern humans.
- Large installation sculptures and small turned vessels in wood, bronze and stone.
Holden, Peter William
- An alternative to virtual reality using kinetic sculpture to create interactive fantasy worlds.
- Paintings, sculptures and installations.
- Mixed-material sculpture and site murals, working with natural forms and earthen palettes. Includes gallery, exhibitions, biography and blog. Based in Arlington, Virginia.
- Installation art sculpture in white
Howe, Anthony A
- Abstract, organic kinetic sculptures from various metals and polymers. Eastsound, Washington, U.S.A.
- Artist uses the egg theme to create mixed media sculpture, photography, masks, and paintings.
Jerlach, Lars; Stringfellow, Helen
- Tectonic Industries: a collaborative exploring the relationship between artifice and reality through mixed-media installations.
- Wall sculptures/watercolours juxtapose "Deep Time" (archeological term) with its contemporary surface. Whatever the building or place represented, the dialogue between the built environment and the earth is always vertical - between above and below.
- Manipulation of plant material into works and installations positing a new ground for contemplation and elegant thought.
- Ceramic artist's work encompasses ideas based around weight, physical presence and scale. Projects, biography and blog.
- Installations in stone, stainless steel and natural materials, based on natural form.
- Organic, biology-based works of mixed media, including sculpture, video, drawings, printed text coalesced into site-specific installations.
- Sculptural and video installations which examine the boundaries of public and private space using traffic and construction materials.
- Exhibitions, public art installations and interactive art design.
- A series of installations in cities by Nino (Giambattista) that are reflections on the urban environment and the role of water in all its different forms--an aquatic journey and new geography with light tools.
- Exhibits of works in two and three dimensions in a variety of media, creating sculptures paintings, reliefs, and medallic art.
- Chronology of life and work, whether as individual or with others.
- Upstream Amsterdam 2002: Site specific post-colonialist installation
- Visual artist creates contemporary sculpture and installation art. Born in Belfast, she now lives and works in Newcastle upon Tyne, and creates work in galleries and public places.
- Minimal art with a tinge of sensuousness: wall and floor installations, serigraphs.
- Vancouver-based installations and sculptural work use fictional premises to address issues of boundaries and land-use.
- Photography, video, sound, light, cast objects, wood combined in large-scale poetic installations referencing a social/political undertow. British, living in Norway.
- Architectural and furniture forms to create sculptures and installations that combine, layer, and compress different kinds of space.
- Studio practice involves the use of transient materials to relate to the subject narrative of Home.
- Installations with forms in light. Netherlands.
Pilar, Monica Praba
- Site specific installation, performance, sculpture, mixed media and political works exploring technology and community through site works, performances, street theatre, writing and websites
- Interactive mechanical sculptures and civic clocks; projects transforming theatrical sets, vehicles, and props.
- Mosaic and sculptural public art as well as online digital art and narratives
- Large scale sculptural works combining light and materials designed to interact with their architectural environment.
- Kinetic sculptures (large to monumental; indoor and outdoor) driven by water, wind, electricity, and brainwaves.
- Fabricated large ship-like forms of raw pine plow through wooden waves; other installations create strange and irrational places.
REBAR & the Cabinet National Library
- An interdisciplinary studio operating at the intersection of art, design and activism. Artists' work encompasses visual and conceptual public art, landscape design, urban intervention, temporary performance installation, digital media and print design. A file cabinet installation, located on a desolate tract of desert scrubland, was built to become the official library of Cabinet Magazine, a non-profit Art and Culture quarterly.
- Interdisciplinary interactive media art installations look to the intersection between natural and technological systems
- Large-scale, site specific sculptures, installations, projects and multi-media works are profound and many layered metaphors evoking our endless manipulation of environment, our need for habitat, and our longing for a meaningful union with nature.
- Big Bugs exhibit: Larger-than-life sculptures combinine rustic construction with engineering in fourteen subject areas of fourty garden creatures. Glenwood Landing, NY
- Sculpture, installations, and media art.
Scrupe, Mara Adamitz
- Environmental sculpture and art, including the places, creatures, and experiences that influence her work.
Singer, Christian Bernard
- Eco-installations incorporate plant life, clay, bronze, found objects, video and other elements into living installations that oscillate between permanence and ephemera and turn on notions of interior/exterior space and place.
- Conceptual installation artist displays images of recent work, including installation views. Jersey City, New Jersey
- Installations and sculptural art constructed from thousands of spools of Coats and Clark thread; Humanity--a living installation of interactive art and stone sculptures.
- Sculptural installations of light, drawings, functional public art, custom furniture, lamps.
- Instalations reference surrealism, figuration, and modern art and combine a skill in sewing and domestic attention transformed by metal skills and welding. California, USA.
- Installation art
- Inter-media installation artist who specializes in 3D animations that are projected into large fabric environments.
- Driftwood Beach projects and public art. Utilizes sculpture and installations to create images that reflect on the nature of change, the life of the individual, and the natural or societal forces. Argentina
- Interactive sculpture and installation art explores the relationship between man and technology. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Wela (Elisabeth Wierzbicka)
- Monumental installations borrow ideas from the surface, volume and materials in contemporary painting and sculpture. She works with memory and identity, erasing and dividing time, nature and coexistence.
- Presents exhibitions, installations and community art projects using sculpture, printmaking, collage and environmental themes. Community arts projects include working with persons with severe disabilities.
- Cosmic Dancer Sculpture: space exploration, scientific and technological developments led to a space art project sent to the Mir Space Station, May 22, 1993. American residing in Switzerland.
Young, John T
- Fin Project: From Swords Into Plowshares: Environmentally-scaled installation of nuclear submarine fins to create artwork about world peace. Seattle, Washington and Miami, Florida
Zarins, Joyce Audy
- Installations combine longevity, vitality, usefulness and beauty toward capturing nature's metaphors in steel and through scale. Amesbury, Massachusetts, USA
Installations - Sculpture
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 19, 2015 at 7:35:04 UTC -