become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Sheela_na_Gigs
Sheela na Gigs
Arts: Architecture: Building Types: Religious: Christian: History: Churches
Sheela Na Gig Project
- John Harding aims to document and photograph all of the Sheela Na Gig carvings in the UK. He includes an overview and bibliography of the topic.
Enter Sheela World
- Quest by Kathryn Price Theatana into the history, etymology and magic of the Sheela na Gigs, mainly from a wiccan point of view.
Ireland's Sile na Gigh
- Gabriel Cannon presents photographs, descriptions and location details of all the known Irish sheelas, with book list, trivia, links and author profile.
The Real Sheela
- Offers a theory as to what the words 'Sheela na Gig' really mean.
Satan in the Groin
- Anthony Weir, author of "Images of Lust", discusses and displays photographs of exhibitionist carvings, both male and female, on mediæval churches.
Sheela Na Gig
- Fethard Historical Society report on the local Sheela na Gigs, including the stolen Kiltinan figure.
- Historical overview and interpretations, compiled by Jack Roberts.
Tara's Sheela-na-gig Website
- Descriptions and images, possible interpretations, bibliography, and links, compiled by Tara McLoughlin.
Wikipedia: Sheela Na Gig
- A detailed, illustrated article from the online collaborative encyclopedia, which discusses the origin of the name of these figures and what they are meant to represent. Includes a bibliography.
Sheela na Gigs
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 21:25:11 UTC -