become an editor
the entire directory
only in Painters/Surrealism
Arts: Art History: Periods and Movements: Surrealism
Arts: Periods and Movements: Surrealism
Arts: Visual Arts: Computer Graphics: Artists: Surrealism
Arts: Visual Arts: Galleries: Virtual: Painting
This category in other languages:
- Gothic and fantasy artwork of Jinx Avila. Fairies, mermaids and demons. Prints and original paintings for sale. With biography.
- Does surreal, and narrative art in oil, and mixed-media.
- Presents surrealistic paintings and drawings with detailed explanations and a short biographical note.
Beal, Robert S
- Showcasing the work of an artist from Oklahoma who specializes in oil and intaglio.
- The only official website for Gothic surreal painter Jasmine Becket-Griffith (a.k.a. Strangeling). Gallery of work, photos of the artist, biography, and information regarding the purchase of custom commissions and original work.
- Images of the work of the belgian surrealist painter Bellor (1911-2000), with biography and collections.
- Israeli artist who creates oil paintings and computer art. Images, biography, mailing list, and exhibitions.
- South African artist creating large abstracts and surreal paintings inspired by the changing moods of light, sun and mists over mountain and sea.
- Contemporary French painter. Images and biographical note.
- Ohio artist specializing in altering pre-existing paintings to obtain a pop surrealist style. Includes before and after galleries.
- Italian artist displays acrylic paintings of figures in mystical architectural landscapes.
- Mixed media works by the artist and psychotherapist, with some biographical information.
- Portfolio of abstract, figurative and surreal paintings by an Argentinian artist.
- Russian artist now residing in New York and influenced by the Old Masters. Includes surrealistic compositions, portraits and ink drawings.
- Paintings of animals and spiritual subjects on feathers, paper, and canvas. With some comments by the artist.
- A brief survey of the works of New Zealand's leading exponent of "art brut", including a short autobiography and links.
Cormier Splane, Margot
- An imaginative visual story, depicting a blend of humor and serious insight, treated in a highly realistic manner in both acrylic paintings and serigraph prints.
- Presents work of New York based painter known for his surreal candy landscapes. Paintings explore themes of temptation, gluttony and indulgence. Includes images, curriculum vitae, exhibitions, and news.
- French artist working in a variety of media and creating surreal views of subjects including animals, nudes and architecture. [French and English]
- Paintings and drawings by Argentine artist.
- Images of paintings by surrealist artist. Also includes information and links about surrealism.
- Dutch artist inspired by Dali, Willink and Schumacher. Includes portfolio, exhibition schedule and biography. [Dutch and English]
- City scapes, still lifes and portraits in realist and semiabstract surrealism by Armenian painter of Romanian schooling living in Queens New York.
- Paintings, drawings, illustrations. Media: watercolor, tempera, color washes and pen.
- Surrealist painter from Jinan, Shandong. Includes images, biography, and review.
- A gallery of paintings, drawings, and watercolors.
- Romanian artist focusing on figurative surrealism. Includes exhibition schedule and reviews.
- Images of surreal paintings and drawings by Louisiana artist.
- Self-taught artist from Texas focusing on magical realism and how we interact with nature. Includes image galleries and biography.
- Portfolio of a Florida artist known for painting large, colorful canvases in a style he calls pop-surrealism.
- Oil and acrylic surreal paintings and limited edition prints. Images are based on real life experiences and observations by self taught artist.
- Italian painter known for his fantastic landscapes and creatures. In English and Italian.
- A portfolio of art work by Darren Gilbertson, B.F.A. Includes curriculum vitae.
- Ukrainian contemporary painter.
- Collection of fantastic/surreal paintings and illustrations of the Czech painter. [Flash]
- Surrealist works by the Russian artist, and some in other styles. Images and curriculum vitae.
- Images of the work of a young Israeli painter working in New York. With biography, curriculum vitae, and exhibitions.
- Presents works of an Australian artist based in New York. Includes examples, resume, and contact details.
- A selection of images from the studio, egg temperas, robots fighting in the Italian landscape, art f'art sake.
- Featuring the watercolors, oil paintings and drawings of a British artist. Includes information about commissions.
- Surreal and fantasy paintings in oil on canvas. The painter is a German woman, and almost all of her paintings feature women.
- Contemporary New York City painter of alienation, mostly expressed by female nudes who have problems with their context. Images and artist's statement.
- Virtual gallery displaying some of the works of this artist. Includes biography and exhibitions.
- Ohio artist paints original surrealist paintings in oil on canvas. Images of his works.
- Detailed paintings and mixed media works of lonely human figures placed in desolate landscapes.
- Croatian artist creating colorful paintings primarily in oil or watercolor. Includes image galleries and reviews. [Croatian and English]
- Dark and detailed paintings, and drawings.
- An online visit to "the Tribeca (NYC) studio of surreal-fantasy painter Scott Kahn", with comments by the artist.
- Works by a Sarajevo-born artist living in Italy. Includes images and biography.
- Simple presentation of a Bulgarian painter now residing in Holland.
- Allegorical Surrealism by the California-based painter. Images with comments, essays and biography.
- Showcasing the surreal, fantasy and magic realism paintings of a contemporary Polish artist.
La Speranza, Luigi
- A collection of fantastic, surreal, and realistic oil paintings, drawings, and watercolors. Several etchings are available for purchase.
- The Painter of Blue and Divers - His work includes surreal landscapes and opera decors, he has become famous for his images of divers in surreal situations enveloped in remarkable blue vistas.
- Biography and portfolio of a self-educated painter from Romania.
Lowe, Ming C.
- Contemporary California artist who specializes in large-scale expressionistic oil paintings. Subjects include sexuality, industrial icons, animals, war, death, and the metaphysical. Images and biographical note.
- Paintings in oil and tempera created using the mische technique of the Vienna school of fantastic realism.
- American artist currently residing in Germany and combining surrealism with elements of romanticism. [German and English]
- A small gallery of the visionary and surrealist paintings, including works of art in the nature of spirituality, dogs, landscapes, and abstract art.
- Florida artist painting dreamlike environments based on human and nature's relationship with each other.
- Surrealistic images of the world.
- Selection of original paintings and design work from the American artist.
- Surrealist art of Claudio Miklos, a Brazilian painter and designer.
- Paintings derived from abyssal life forms, organic landscapes, shells and fossils.
Mirland, John R
- Danish artist creating dark, haunting images of loneliness, desperation, pain and lust often with a religious twist.
Miyakawa, Hikaru H
- Showcasing the work of a Japanese artist exploring the hidden treasures of the dark, unconscious archetypes within.
- Presents a series of oil and mixed media paintings, with tormented human figures in enigmatic and surreal surroundings.
- Showcasing the work of a Florida artist using windows, doors and fleeting glimpses of girls as symbolic forms.
- Original, surrealistic, anthropomorphic art. Nisar's art has been compared to the works of Dali, DeChirico, and Tanguy. He is a new and emerging artist.
- Oil paintings, drawings, pastels and other artworks by a Chilean artist currently residing in Virginia.
- Spanish American artist creating surrealistic imagery based on landscape, history and artifacts of the American Southwest.
- Pennsylvania artist creating surreal and illusionary landscape paintings in a style reminiscent of Dali and Magritte.
- Contemporary religious iconography.
- Images of oil paintings by a contemporary surrealist and fantasy painter, with an exhibition list, coming events, and catalog of available prints.
- Featuring the paintings, drawings and digital art of an Italian artist focusing on the macabre and visionary. [Italian and English]
- Dramatic paintings which combine classical imagery with technology and symbolism.
- Featuring Surrealist-fantasy, Hispanic and Western landscape paintings. Includes information about exhibitions and collections.
Pinto, Vito M
- Paintings of stylized figures dancing in strange landscapes, done in acrylic and oil.
- Showcasing the work of a dark artist from Romania influenced by the mythic and mysterious folklore of his homeland.
- Argentinian artist creating landscape and figurative paintings from nature, memory and imagination.
- A collection of paintings by a Los Angeles artist and live painter. Includes biography, statement and press reviews.
Ransom, John C
- Portfolio of an abstract surrealist painter from Venice, California.
- Showcasing the surreal and fantastic realist art of an Austrian artist currently residing in Canada.
- Paintings and drawings by an Australian surrealist, often dealing with the fantastic. Includes biography and exhibitions.
- Presents features about women getting older in "Birthing The Crone: Menopause and aging through an artist's eyes." Includes biography, slide presentation, bibliography, and print ordering information.
- Based in New York and focusing on abstract surrealist paintings primarily in oil on canvas or mixed media.
- Watercolor drawings and surrealistic acrylic paintings. Unusual monotone technique. With biography and exhibition schedule.
- Eyescapes - Surrealist-symbolic oil paintings inspired by her life's lessons.
- Selection of visionary/surreal paintings by a contemporary Austrian painter. Includes biography and reviews. [German and English]
- Highly ornate and surreal paintings in oil or acrylic by a German artist.
- Works of a New Mexico artist who considers himself a proponent of visionary mannerism, fantastic realism, and surrealism. Includes images, biographical note, and short statement.
- Israeli painter displays fantastic landscape, still life, and portrait in oil, and drawing.
- Portfolio of paintings, prints, and Flash work. Also contains short glossary of surrealism, including quotations from the founders.
- Day dreams - Surrealistic paintings of Ukrainian artist.
- Texas artist blending pop culture, mystery and cartoon appeal into his paintings. Includes biography and exhibition schedule.
- Eclectic surrealist and magic realist paintings in oil, acrylic, and mixed media by an artist from California.
- Featuring the paintings with background information of a Texas artist. Includes biography and statement.
- Paints in a surrealist style which he calls Poetic Symbolism. Has images, curriculum vitae, and review article.
- Dutch artist, exhibiting macabre surrealist paintings.
- Murals, drawings, paintings, and odd art, visual and literary. With biography.
- Hungarian artist working primarily in oil on canvas and inspired by the artifacts of ancient civilizations and visions evoked by meditation.
Ten Sen Kho
- Erotic painting, psychoanalytic visual investigations by Russian painter. Oils on canvas.
- Existential Surrealist from Istanbul displays works. Includes manifesto and exhibitions.
- Paintings representing women and relationships in fantastic landscapes.
- Art works in oils and acrylics: associative abstraction and quasi-figurative archetypical painting. With biography and a forum.
- Samples of work, with a biography and discussions of conception and technique.
- Explores a strange world, filled with fantastic creatures. In English and French.
- Contemporary New Delhi surrealist explores metaphysical questions. Includes images, biographical and exhibition information, and reviews.
- Collection of epic fantasy and surrealist paintings of the French artist. English, French, and Spanish.
- Fantastic, surreal paintings, illustrations and comics of the Finnish painter.
- San Francisco painter inspired by historical and current events, religion, sarcasm and elements of popular culture.
- Gallery of works by Belgium artist. Includes biography and exhibition information.
- Dreamlike oil paintings divided into four subjects: art of being human, dilemma, dream, and life and death.
- Highly realized imagery with spiritual content. Paintings are done with oils and mixed materials, including pencil, pastel, collaged black and white xeroxes.
Winter, Bram de
- Dutch painter, specialized in oils. His themes are often surreal, with a touch of symbolism.
Wohlwend, Martin R
- Blog and portfolio of an artist from Liechtenstein who describes his work as reflections of human nature, the creation of the universe, our environment, and today’s society.
- Hyperrealist oil paintings with explanations by the artist.
Usenet alt.surrealism -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 17, 2014 at 14:56:18 UTC -