become an editor
the entire directory
only in Painting/Organizations
Arts: Visual Arts: Organizations
Allied Artists of America
- Founded in 1914 for the advancement of American art. It is based in New York City, has about 1,000 members all over the world. Membership, officers, and exhibitions and awards they sponsor.
- Online watercolor society using e-mail and web sites to promote and teach art with a main focus on watercolor.
Art Renewal Center
- Combines international art news, reviews, articles, scholarship competitions and a large research library of master paintings.
Association of Mouth and Foot Painting Artists (AMFPA)
- A worldwide association of artists that organizes a wide range of exhibitions, sells original art works and permits publishing houses to reproduce their works as art greeting cards and calendars.
Bastrop Fine Arts Guild
- Association of visual artists in Bastrop, Texas, dedicated to promoting and encouraging fine art in this community. View art, schedules and events.
Brooklyn Watercolor Society
- Non-profit organization serving to further the creative efforts of its members and to cultivate interest in the transparent watercolor medium.
Brooklyn Working Artists Coalition,BWAC
- The largest artist run, not for profit art organization in Brooklyn. Conduit between the rich and diverse arts community of Brooklyn and the general public as well as the greater art world. Artist slide file, (3) three major Brooklyn art exhibitions each year, calendar.
Buckinghamshire Art Society
- Association of painters, sculptors and print-makers. Gallery of members' artwork as well as information about upcoming exhibitions and other art related events in Buckinghamshire. Also links to some members' websites.
California Watercolor Association (CWA)
- The largest water media organization in California, a newsletter, workshops, and exhibitions.
Community Arts Association
- Tax-exempt, non-profit, co-operative organization open to all artists and art enthusiasts. Membership includes artists from Northern New Jersey and lower New York State. Membership, shows, contest, and newsletter.
Florida Watercolor Society
- A society of over 1,000 Florida watercolorists whose goal is to contribute to the state's cultural atmosphere, educate and assist anyone interested in watercolor.
The Fred Oldfield Western Heritage Center
- A non-profit interactive learning center dedicated to the preservation of Fred Oldfield's dream of sharing his life, his art, and the culture of the American West. Images, travel directions, membership, and gift shop.
Houston Chinese Amateur Painting Club
- Organization information, member galleries, and shop for paintings in Western style. English and Chinese.
Lake Artists Society
- Member information and online exhibition of their paintings, history, shows. Based in the Lake District, UK.
Midwest Watercolor Society
- A national organization devoted to advancing the stature of transparent watercolor as a major expression and to foster its appreciation. Membership, exhibitions, and news.
Nepean Art Society
- Society of artists in the Penrith area, Australia. Presents information on their lessons and life drawing sessions. Also has a members' gallery.
Pastel Artists of Canada
- Promotes public appreciation of art in soft pastel and works to improve the skills of artists working in this fine art medium.
Pastel Society of America
- The oldest pastel society in the United States promoting the use of the pastel medium. Activities include exhibitions, workshops and classes in pastel.
Pastel Society of New Mexico
- Regional organization formed in 1989 to fulfill a need to promote the soft pastel medium and to encourage the use of pastels by artists and foster public understanding and appreciation of pastels as a painting medium. A virtual gallery for members, exhibits, workshops and links to individual member pages.
Pastel Society of North Carolina
- Showcases the member pastel artists and their work. Exhibits with maps are listed. Short biography and contact information for each artist also available.
Pikes Peak Watercolor Society
- A non-profit group of Pikes Peak Region of Colorado watercolor artists, art, galleries, and web pages.
Plein Air Painters of America
- Founded in 1986, this group of on-location painters is renowned for its annual exhibition on Catalina Island and for its workshops held across the country. Workshop schedules, artists' web sites, hints, news and exhibits.
Portrait Society of America, Inc.
- A nonprofit organization directed by a governing board of artists. Provides information on portrait conferences and membership details.
Puget Sound Group of Northwest Painters
- Oldest fraternity of professional fine artists in America formed in 1926. Artists' biographies and samples, history, news, scholarships.
Society of Tempera Painters
- This website is devoted exclusively to the Egg Tempera painting medium. The Society supports improvement in the art of Tempera Painting by the interchange of the knowledge and experience of the members.
Sumi-e Society Midwest
- Branch of the Sumi-e Society of America. Resource for Oriental brush painting and calligraphy, techniques, teachers, and supplies. Also has a gift shop and gallery.
Virginia Watercolor Society
- Society of watercolor and watermedia artists in Virginia. General and membership information, links to other watercolor societies, exhibitions.
Washington Society of Landscape Artists
- Juried membership of 40 painters listing their exhibitions, activities and history. Includes a member's bulletin board and activities calendar.
Watercolor Artists of Sonoma County
- WASCO is a Sonoma County watercolor organization whose purpose is to promote the values and acceptance of watercolor as a viable art form. Membership information and portfolios.
Watercolor Society of Oregon
- A non-profit, educational association of selected watermedia artists. Juried exhibits are held at conventions twice a year. Includes Watermark, a quarterly newsletter, and links to members' sites.
Women Painters of Washington
- Organization of women painters in the state of Washington. Includes history and general information, application, member biographies and image galleries, and member area.
Worthington Area Art League
- Worthington, Ohio. Members gallery of fine art, paintings, ceramics, and other media. Also administrative information, schedules, and detailed contact information for members.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 28, 2015 at 20:15:04 UTC -