become an editor
the entire directory
only in Calligraphy/Arabic
Ermes, Ali Omar
Arts: Periods and Movements: Islamic
This category in other languages:
- Biographies and virtual gallery of the work of Kamel El Baba (1905-91) and his son Mokhtar, who offers custom Arabic calligraphy. Information on the development of Arabic calligraphy.
- Production of an artist making calligraphic paintings for charity.
Arabic Calligraphy Art
- Middle Eastern artworks including original paintings, mosaics and ceramics. Provides past exhibition information.
- Learn the meaning of Islamic and Arabic calligraphy from lessons for non-Arabic speakers. Also provides links to Islamic art galleries.
Art of Arabic Calligraphy
- Mamoun Sakkal discusses the Arabic language, the origins and development of the script, and the Kufic and Cursive styles. Hosted by Sakkal Design.
Contemporary Arabic Calligraphy
- Nihad Dukhan offers a modern interpretation of the art of Arabic calligraphy.
Islamic Arts and Architecture - Arabic Calligraphy
- Detailed, richly-illustrated examination of the historical and cultural significance of Arabic calligraphy.
- Gallery of images from 'The Splendour of Islamic Calligraph' by Abdelkebir Khatibi and Mohammed Sijelmassi, hosted by Islamicity.
Islamic Calligraphy by Rasheed Butt
- Samples of the work of a calligrapher from Islamabad, who works in both Arabic and Persian, on religious and poetic texts. Includes biography.
Islamic Calligraphy from a Private Collection
- Images of Islamic calligraphy in Arabic and Persian from a private collection, with commentary from Biddington's Consultancy.
Islamic Calligraphy with Mohamed Zakariya
- The artist describes the art of calligraphy and the materials he uses; illustrated with video samples.
My name in Arabic
- You can get your name written in a beautiful Arabic writing.
- Information about this art and its history, principles, related arts. A few Persian masters are introduced and you can find masterpieces on the gallery.
The Qur'anic Manuscripts
- A brief description of the Qur'anic manuscripts dated from the first century Hijra are presented.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 2, 2014 at 6:15:05 UTC -