become an editor
the entire directory
only in Assemblage_Art/Artists
Open Directory - Arts: Visual Arts: Assemblage Art: Artists
Shopping: Visual Arts: Thematic: Folk: Artists
- Biography, information, exhibitions listings and a photo of this California artist. No works shown on this site.
Bennett Robot Works
- Sculptor Gordon Bennett creates named robots from found objects, displaying his work at City Foundry in Brooklyn, New York. Image gallery with price list.
- A major exhibition of 17 works at the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art in Kansas City, Missouri in 1998.
- Explore the figure through assemblage and mixed media paintings.
- Assemblage art from New Zealand in the tradition of Joseph Cornell.
- Short commentary on the artist, numerous images of his work.
- Post-modern shrines and totems - assemblage - combining found objects with painting and text to explore themes of the secular and the sacred.
- An exhibition of 3D assemblages of small plastic dolls. Each picture represents a specific thought or a personal experience. Almost all were lost by an Iraqi Scud missile in the Gulf War.
- Peter Foley's Studio E-6 in Palo Alto, CA,with a gallery of large scale mixed media assemblages.
- The artist explores the relationship between art, healing and science through a combining of traditional art materials with medical supplies. Includes image galleries and catalogue essay for the "Genesis" series.
- Whimsical and functional, depicting living presences through using the debris of American culture.
- Surreal "rooms" that contain enigmatic elements of time and space.
Johnson, David R.
- Petit Musee showcasing assembage, constructions and photographs by an American artist.
- Biography and works of the late artist well-known for sculptures and environments comprised of found objects and elements culled from abandoned buildings.
- Found object assemblage art including kinetic and illuminative sculpture.
- Lina Fry, renown GAZ Group artist, celebrates the millennium with a new series of bold assemblages. Egyptian Heiroglyph, VooDoo, Jesus, Chart, Awash, Peaches, Stay Away, Lovely Bride.
- Sculptural works that center around the theme of the book and incorporate found objects.
- 3-D wall constructions includes artist's statement, gallery, and contact information
- Creates artworks made from recycled computer parts, crocheted wire, and digital photography transferred onto metal. Some of the items exhibited are for sale.
- Using materials such as beans, yarn, candy, pencils, food and anything else he finds (or you send to him) Jason will produce intricate portraits.
- Playful and spirited, worn and wonderful, like long lost treasures found in an abandoned basement, a collection of sculptures and assemblage pieces, most made from found materials, both man-made and natural.
- Real name - Gregory Warmack. This prolific Chicago artist uses bottle caps, industrial sandstone and used paint brushes to create primarily figurative works.
My Own Tower
- Everyday objects become models of skyscrapers. Visitors are invited to submit their own models.
Nevelson, Louise (interview)
- Conducted by Arnald Glimcher for the Archives of American Art in 1972, this interview explores Nevelson's life, ideas and wood assemblages.
- Costa Rican artist living in France, with photo gallery of recent works, list of shows and works in public collections, and biography.
- Bottle project by San Francisco Bay area social sculptor on spiritual quest, gifting to the recovering alcoholic world community.
- Works in mixed media, including assemblage, and constructions with found objects in an abstract, and expressionist style.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 19, 2013 at 5:15:03 UTC -