become an editor
the entire directory
only in News_and_Media/Radio_Consolidation
News and Media
Open Directory - Arts: Radio: News and Media: Radio Consolidation
Access to Airwaves
News: Media Industry
Society: Issues: Business: Allegedly Unethical Firms: Clear Channel Communications
- Archives of articles from various sources about radio consolidation from Americans for Radio Diversity.
Consolidation and Diversity
- Consumer advocates, media-corporation group heads clash over consolidation's effect on programming diversity. (From Radio and Records industry publication. July 1998)
Hello, I'm your DJ
- How a national media conglomerate makes 'local' radio. By Dale Smith for the Austin American-Statesman
- Article about the movement to legalize low-power grass roots radio, and broadcast corporations' effort to stop it. Author says despite broadcasters' efforts, new competitors for listeners will emerge. By Jesse Walker from Reason Magazine.
Sound and Fury
- An in-depth history and commentary criticval of the effects of deregulation and corporation control of radio. Includes proposals for reform. By Dan Kennedy, media columnist for Boston Phoenix.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, May 19, 2012 6:24:03 AM EDT -