become an editor
the entire directory
only in Radio/History
Radio Personalities Tributes
Radio Station Tributes
Arts: Radio: Formats: Old-Time Radio
Society: History: By Topic: Cultural History
This category in other languages:
1950's British Radio Nostalgia
- From Mrs. Dale's Diary to Take It From Here. A collection of BBC Radio programmes in the 1950's are reviewed here. Some with audio clips.
Airheads Radio Survey Archive
- An historical archive of pop music radio surveys from the 50s through the 80s. The searchable singles and albums chart data are cross-referenced and include many local or regional hits.
ASD Decision Documents (FCC)
- Links to early US radio documents from the Department of Commerce, Federal Radio Commission, and Federal Communications Commission.
Bay Area Radio Museum
- The history of radio broadcasting in the San Francisco Bay Area, including streaming audio, photographs and memorabilia dating back to the early 20th Century.
BBC Radio classics: 1922-46
- BBC site with historic recordings from the first daily radio service in 1922 until the end of World War 2.
Boss Radio Forever
- The history of 1965 Los Angeles rock and roll radio station KHJ.
The Broadcast Archive
- Resources, documents, history, and trivia relating to US radio stations from 1913 onward.
- Memories of radio stations and broadcasters of the 20th century. Contributions welcome.
Central Florida Radio
- History of Radio Stations in Central Florida form Orlando to Deland
DCNYRadio Memory Bank
- Radio and TV memories of stations in Washington, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Buffalo, Boston and New York.
Dr. Lee De Forest Radio History
- Chronicles the history of De Forest radios.
George "Hound dog" Lorenz
- History of Buffalo, New York's "Father of Rock and Roll Radio." Features pictures, sounds and articles on George "Hound dog" Lorenz.
History of American Broadcasting
- AM and FM station lists from the 1920s through 1950s. Articles mostly on early history of radio and TV.
History of Central Florida Radio Stations. WPLA, WLAK, WONN
- History of Central Florida Radio Stations. Biographies, Memorabilia, and Audio clips of Central Florida radio stations and personalities.
The history of the UK radio licence
- In the United Kingdom you were required - from 1922 until 1971 - to pay for a radio licence in order to legally listen to the wireless. Illustrated history.
History of WDRC Radio in Hartford, Connecticut
- Presents a visual and audio history of WDRC, Connecticut's oldest radio station.
John Allen's Radio Pages
- Pictures and audio from the UK's BBC Radio London, LBC Newstalk (commercial speech station) and Imperial College Radio (student station).
Larry Matthews' Minor Career In Radio
- Larry's erratic history of being a disc jockey starting in California in 1967. Also the technological changes that have occurred to change the industry.
Marconi 100 - Marking a century of radio
- The BBC's story of Marconi's first trans-Atlantic broadcast in 1901 from Poldhu in Cornwall to Newfoundland.
MDS975 Radio Memorabilia section
- A look at radio history in the UK from 1920 until today, paying tribute to the BBC, BBC Local Radio and Independent Local Radio.
Radio Days: A Soundbite History
- Experience the history of broadcast radio including both news and entertainment. Plus a monthly updated timeline of broadcast radio and many links to other radio-related material.
Radio London in the 1960's
- History of the pirate Radio London, off the Essex coast in the mid-1960's. Includes useful context of why the pirate stations emerged.
Radio Rewind - 40 years of Radio 1 & 2
- Unofficial look back over the years of Britain's BBC Radio One and Two. Includes sound files, jingles, listings, disc jockey profiles and photographs.
Radio Service Bulletins (1921-1927)
- These monthly Radio Service Bulletins were published by the US Bureau of Navigation, Department of Commerce in the 1920s and early 1930s.
- The radio, mostly French, its history, its stories. On the radio and the Internet.
- A site which presents the history of St. Louis Broadcast Radio.
United States Early Radio History
- Articles and extracts about early radio and related technologies, in the United States from 1897 to 1927. By Thomas H. White.
Radio Heritage Foundation - sharing the stories of Pacific radio
- Radio Heritage Foundation provides an online archive collection of stories about pacific radio and a broad range of advocacy, research, education, publishing and other programs. [RSS]
Usenet alt.binaries.sound.radio.oldtime -
Usenet alt.binaries.sounds.radio.oldtime -
Usenet alt.radio.oldtime -
Usenet rec.antiques.radio+phono -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 29, 2015 at 13:15:07 UTC -