the entire directory
only in Formats/Public_Radio
Open Directory - Arts: Radio: Formats: Public Radio
College and Educational
Minnesota Public Radio
National Public Radio
Public Radio International
Arts: Radio: Formats: Community Radio
News: Alternative: Radio
The Association of Independents in Radio (AIR)
- Professional association of audio producers offers membership categories, podcast, mailing list, and member directory.
Atlantic Public Media
- Non-profit corporation founded in 1993, providing public broadcasting to Cape Cod, Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard since 2000. List of staff and board members, link to news.
The Capitol Steps
- Information on the troupe's radio shows, broadcast four times a year.
Central Michigan University - Center for Public Broadcasting
- News and information; classical, jazz and traditional music.
CKUA Radio Network
- A public broadcaster, specializing in eclectic and educational radio programming. Edmonton and Calgary, Alberta.
CPB: Ethics Guide for Public Radio Journalism
- An overview of ethical issues as identified by public radio journalists, offering principles and standards for ethical practice. Original version from 1994 and a 2003 update. [PDF format]
- A biweekly newspaper about Public Television and Public Radio in the United States.
Current.org - Public Broadcasting's History
- Timeline of developments in public TV and radio in the United States.
- Daily independent news program, hosted by Amy Goodman and Juan Gonzalez, airing on over 800 stations.
- Home of Echoes, a nightly music soundscape heard on public radio stations across the United States.
Hearts of Space
- New age music radio show.
Hitchhiking Off the Map
- Weekly interview program with dramatic sketches produced by The Independent Eye, on the theme of personal journeys. Audio archive of all programs; CDs available.
KAZU 90.3 FM
- Serves the Monterey area in California. Affiliated with PRI.
- A shared site for South Texas Public Broadcasting System, Inc., KEDT Radio and Television.
The Kojo Nnamdi Show
- Two-hour interview program about social, political and cultural issues.
- Affiliate of the National and Public Radio International and AIROS Networks in Ignacio, Colorado.
Lichtenstein Creative Media
- An Internet newsletter: news about their current programs.
Long Haul Productions
- Non-profit company distributing audio stories of everyday lives produced by Dan Collison and Elizabeth Meister. Extensive audio archives, with images.
- Radio program that takes a look at the effect money has on us, and in turn—what affects our money.
- Multicultural non-profit production organization based in Portland, Oregon, creating theatre and Internet visuals as well as radio shows in support of alternative lifestyles. Audio/visual archives.
- The four one-hour chamber music programs that comprise the Music@Menlo radio series showcase an A-list of performers from around the world. Recorded in San Francisco and co-directed by David Finckel and Wu Han, American Public Media's Music@Menlo brings the finest classical music performances to public radio.
- Explores subjects such as social, political, scientific, ecological, and spiritual frontiers through deep dialogues.
- Daily evening news program.
- American Public Media's Performance Today features live concerts by famous artists in concert halls around the globe and from the American Public Media studios as well as interviews, news and features. Performance Today audiences, on any given day, may hear from performances in the great concert halls of New York, Prague, London, Berlin and Paris.
The Public Radio Exchange
- Provides facilities for exchanging audio content between public radio stations, including licensing services, downloadable material, streaming audio, and programming suggestions.
- Features a database of program listings for hundreds of public radio stations around the world. Includes audio links.
- Radio Bilingue, a non-profit radio network with Latino control and leadership is the only national distributor of Spanish-language programming in public radio.
Radio Georgia Public Broadcasting
- Station map, program list, schedule and live broadcast stream
Radio New Zealand
- Provides an overview of the separate networks and links to them, national frequency guide, sound archives, and links to streaming audio.
- Dick Estell brings newly published books into the homes and automobiles of America for 30 minutes each day.
- Central Virginia public radio essayist Janis Jaquith's website. Here you can find her essays in text and audio formats.
- Radio stories ranging from hard investigative to the evocative experiential documentary.
- Los Angeles radio station KCRW takes its popular alternative music programming, Morning Becomes Eclectic, to the web with a best-of version of the latest artists, live performances, and interactive approach to radio online.
- The public education and outreach arm of the University of Texas McDonald Observatory. English and Spanish radio programs air daily.
- News show produced by North Carolina Public Radio.
Transom - A Portal for Public Radio
- A showcase and workshop for creating new work for public radio.
United Nations Radio
- Daily news broadcast (Monday through Friday) in text and streaming audio formats. Archives available.
Vermont Public Radio
- News, program schedules, and information about Vermont's statewide public radio network.
Vermont Public Radio
- News feed. [PDF]
WAMC/Northeast Public Radio
- WAMC/Northeast Public Radio is a regional public radio network serving parts of seven northeastern United States.
WBUR 90.9 mHz
- Boston's NPR station broadcasts New England News and related programs and features programs such as Only A Game, Here and Now, The Connection, BBC News and BBC World Service programs overnight.
WDFH-FM 90.3 Ossining, NY
- Community radio for the lower Hudson River valley of New York
WDRP & WDPG - Dayton Public Radio
- The Voice of Arts in Dayton, Ohio FM 88.1 West Carrolton - Dayton, FM 89.9 WDPG Greenville
WEOS Geneva, NY Public Radio
- WEOS is a broadcast service of Hobart and William Smith Colleges, with NPR, PRI, Pacifica programming, new music, and local event coverage.
West Coast Live
- A fully live national 2-hour radio variety show hosted every weekend by Sedge Thomson and featuring author interviews, music, and comedy.
WLRN Public Radio and Television
- WLRN Public Radio and Television are National Public Radio and PBS member stations licensed to the School Board of Miami-Dade County, serving South Florida - from Broward County to the Florida Keys.
WMKV Big Band Nostalgia Radio - Cincinnati
- From Maple Knoll Village Retirement Center, member-supported, educational, public radio broadcasting music and talk dealing with seniors, aging, Health and Wellness.
WYMS Jazz 89: Milwaukee's Jazz Station
- WYMS fm is a public radio station broadcasting at 88.9 fm to serve the greater Milwaukee metropolitan area with jazz and community programming.
Usenet rec.radio.noncomm -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, November 23, 2013 8:17:21 PM EST -