become an editor
the entire directory
only in Techniques_and_Styles/Darkroom
Techniques and Styles
Open Directory - Arts: Photography: Techniques and Styles: Darkroom
Business: Arts and Entertainment: Photography: Tools and Equipment
This category in other languages:
Black and White World
- Advanced techniques, beginners guide, forums, FAQs.
Claudio Bonavolta's Photography Page
- Information on photography equipment, darkroom techniques. Also contains travel photographs.
- Instructions on how to build a durable developing tank from ABS plastic pipe.
Do It Yourself
- Mason Resnick's article on the benefits of doing your own printing. From the Black and White World site.
Dust and Spotting
- Article on removing and avoiding dust and spots on prints.
Film and Developer Test
- Side by side visual comparisons of black and white films developed in various developers.
How Safe Is Your Safelight?
- Facts about safelights; a page of information from Kodak.
Introduction to The Black and White Darkroom
- Jerry Sparrow's article covering the basics of black and white darkroom setup and photo printing.
KODAK Chemicals, Process E-6
- Detailed technical manual for Kodak E6 processing aimed at professionals
KODAK Chemicals: Processing Manuals Index
- Publications that describe how to use KODAK Chemicals in photofinishing labs, professional finishing labs, motion picture labs and minilabs, available in .pdf format.
Kodak Developer D-76: Tech Pub J-78
- Technical manual for Kodak D-76 black and white developer. Lists times, temperatures and procedures for using this time tested developer.
KODAK Photochemical Information and FAQs
- Information and FAQs for Kodak's photo chemicals
Kodak Professional: Black and White Films
- Technical manuals for all Kodak black and white films.
Kodak Professional: Photographic Chemicals
- Contains detailed information on all Kodak photographic chemicals. Information for both color and black and white chemicals.
KODAK: Cross-Processing Color Negative Films in Process E-6: Tech Pub CIS-184
- Resource and technical information on processing color negative films in E6 chemistry aimed at professionals
Kodak: Preparing Smaller Batches of Processing Chemicals
- Technical manual by Kodak on mixing smaller amounts of chemicals. Good resource for home darkrooms.
Kodak: Simplified Metric Conversion Tables
- Metric conversion tables. A must have for all darkrooms. Printable format for easy use.
Kodak: T-MAX Developers
- Technical manual for T-Max developers including times, temperatures, and recommended procedures for developing black and white films.
Kodak: Toning Black and White Materials
- Technical manual for toning black and white prints with Kodak toners.
The Light Factory
- Online exhibits, classes in photography, and several articles on alternative processes.
Lloyd Erlick: Technical Articles
- A large collection of articles for darkroom techniques.
- Pin-registration holders and carriers, resource on contrast masking techniques and other fine art darkroom procedures.
Potassium Ferricyanide: Fantastic or Frustrating?
- Demystifying this processing additive.
- Information on the combination of new and old techniques to produce many new types of photographic prints.
Rodolfo Namias Group: Old Photographic Techniques
- Details old printing processes that give results unobtainable on silver-bromide papers. Includes gallery showing technique examples, information about exhibitions, and available courses.
Silverlight Photography Tutorials
- Photography darkroom tutorials and resources.
Teaching Basic Darkroom Techniques
- Kodak site giving twelve lessons plans for teaching basic black and white darkroom procedures.
The Zone System
- History and technical description of the zone method of controlling image quality. Examples of work produced with the system, further reading and biography of the siteowner.
Usenet rec.photo.darkroom -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, June 18, 2012 2:35:05 PM EDT -