become an editor
the entire directory
only in Alternative_Processes/Photographers
Techniques and Styles
- Photographer and researcher of alternative and historical photo processes. He was the first to learn the Wet-Plate Collodion Process in modern Russia and is using it at a professional level. Alexey uses handmade processes, large format cameras and vintage lens for his projects.
- Large format platinum photography. Portraiture, cityscapes, and Polaroid image transfers. Virtual Gallery, articles, how-to's, and links. Commissioned portraiture. Located in Old Hacienda Resort in Tucson Arizona.
- Conceptual, alternative photography including cyanotype, van dyke brown and mixed media installations.
- Features split-toned black and white works made from distressed negatives. Images, links, and contact information.
- Techniques such as fabric prints and print out paper using 4x5 negatives. Based in Ireland, but gathers most of her material from travels abroad.
- Techniques used include cyanotype, Van Dyke, gum bichromate, lithograph printing,infrared and pinhole. Also contains technical information about processes and gallery.
- Polaroid transfers, handcoloring, and digital manipulation of L. S. King (formerly L.S. Brown).
- Through wide angle lenses, toning, and solarization, photographer Laurel Casjens provides a unique perspective on stunning landscapes.
- A rich mixture of various alternative processes and approaches including Van Dyke, palladium, pinhole, cyanotype, and photograms along with silver gelatin.
- Gum bichromate close-ups of insects.
Clement, Alain Gerard
- The "Medici Chamber", a recent exhibit of photogenic drawings, plus a brief description of the process and a short resume of the artist.
- Conceptual gumoil and silver print still lives. Includes gallery, resume, and contact information.
Daly, Jennifer Linnea
- Anthotypes and Solarplate prints. Environmentally conscious artmaking.
- Instructor of photographic science and technology at the Rochester Institute of Technology. A specialist in high speed, infrared, ultraviolet, panoramic, peripheral, and forensic.
- Bromoil photos of Scotland, Belgium and France.
- Platinum, palladium, and cyanotype still lifes.
Foster, William A.
- Illustrative site showing range of the alternative processes examples.
- Images from two Northern California fine art photographers. Includes SX-70 manipulations, Polaroid transfers, travel photography and digitally manipulated images.
- Various alternative analog approaches including Lith, coloring and Bromoil
Giudicelli, Jacqueline and Jean
- Practitioners of the gum bichromate process for the past 15 years.
- A combination of 19th century printing process with digital media. Includes projects, archives, press, and contact.
- 19th Century processes such as platinum printing, Van Dykes, Cyanotypes. Infrared and lith processes, toned prints. Prints for sale, workshops, darkroom and field classes available.
- Infrared, handcolored, black and white photographs of rural landscapes, cityscapes, beachscapes, and nature.
- Diana camera, Polaroid transfers and SX-70, night and pinhole photography.
Kennedy, David Michael
- Fine art photographer working in platinum/palladium. Offers intensive master class workshops in platinum/palladium, landscape and portraits
- Terry King Artist Photographer, Photo Historian and Poet, Alternative print maker, photographic commissions, printmaking and workshops
- Historical platinum and palladium prints of commercial, editorial, wedding, and personal photography.
- Photographs in platinum/palladium, gum-bichromate over platinum and printing out paper (POP). Photography workshops.
- Portfolio of alternative, black and white, and color work. Includes landscapes, abstract imagery and people.
- An exhibit in bromoil transfer photographic process by one of the masters of this medium and author of "Bromoil 101" - a 'How-to' Manual.
- Daguerreotypes of recent works, portraits, and landscapes. Also includes information about the process.
- Techniques for photographers or artists outlining the historical process of gum bichromate photography. Includes several examples of prints and other photography work.
- Photograms and sun prints of natural things and human beings. Includes information on the process. [Shockwave plug-in required]
- Personal website of Austin-based fine art photographer working in alternative process techniques.
- Architecture and landscape galleries with images from Iran and South Africa and a few from my hometown Karachi, Pakistan.
- Traditional Ruh Khitch is a way in which black and white photographs can be taken, printed and sold to a client without a studio or darkroom.
- Italian artist and printmaker who works with historical and traditional photographic processes, mainly photogravure, gum and carbon processes.
- Site emphasizing pictorial and solarization techniques.
- Platinum palladium photographs of the northwest and beyond.
McMillan, Judith K
- Using the X-Ray technique, McMillan photographs the internal structures of plants.
Meyers, Steven N.
- Fine art x-ray photography of nature. Includes technical information.
- Large Format Photographs made using the Bromoil process and contact printed on AZO paper. Paper negatives and digital controls are also used.
- Photogravure, etching, and other intaglio techniques. Includes selection of works with subject matter including seascapes, temples, winter gardens, Normandy, Umbria, Silk Road, and Mongolia.
Miller, Siouxsan E.
- Photographs of doors, chairs, gardening, sewing, housework, leaves, teacups and sunflowers. Printed in cyanotype and gum bichromate on watercolor paper.
- Uses fixative and natural elements to create dramatic and colorful images from black and white prints.
- Documentary, portraiture, architectural/site/interior, handmade negatives, glass photographs, archival processing
- Portfolio, mostly 8 x 10 contact prints in Ziatype (palladium, platinum, gold process).
- Images called tallpecs, created from photographs of Alberta and Saskatchewan in celebration of their centennials in 2005.
Photogravure of Lothar Osterburg
- Artist working with the 19th century process of photogravure, plate making, intaglio printing. He also teaches workshops in photogravure.
Roberts, Mark D.
- Chemigrams and polaroids.
- Gallery of Cyanotypes, mainly landscape, cityscape and architecture.
- Irish artist who comments on various social, cultural and political issues, using photography, painting and collage.
- Works deal with the relationship of landscape and human body to identity. Techniques include reverse printing through paper negatives, out-of-focus photography, and documentary photography. In Finnish and English.
- Many gum bichromate murals of goddess Kali and yoganis from Calcutta, India. Murals of 'Mother Earth,' a work in progress, as well as articles and text relating to the work.
- Presents techniques such as bromoil, infrared, cyanotype, liquid emulsion, pyro development, and lith printing.
Talman, Donna Hamil
- Using blue-toned cyanotype and brown-toned Van Dyke to transform her images.
- Award-winning hand-colored, Diana, pinhole, and alternative process Polaroid images of Nashville,TN, Savannah,GA, New York, Mexico, and other interesting places.
- Large format platinum. Images of death, the self and landscapes.
- Photographer and film-maker Nick Veasey works with x-ray and scientific equipment to create unusual imagery to commission.
- Galleries, discussions and resources for argyrotypes, cyanotypes, chrysotypes and platino-palladiotypes.
- Argyrotype photography, digital negatives on hand coated water color paper, iron based argyrotype chemistry and hand coloring many of the subjects.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 4, 2015 at 20:20:28 UTC -