become an editor
the entire directory
only in Reference/History
Arts: Art History
Arts: Photography: Equipment and Services: Cameras: Collecting
Arts: Photography: Photographers: Historical
Arts: Photography: Photographers: Masters
Arts: Photography: Techniques and Styles: Documentary: Archives
News: Journalism: Photojournalism: Photojournalists: Masters
This category in other languages:
- Presents the art and science of albumen printing, contemporary research, conservation and treatment of images.
American Museum of Photography
- Covers daguerreotypes to modernism. Research center features a guide early photo processes, book reviews and information on preserving/protecting valuable photographs.
Arab Foundation for the Image
- A non-profit association that collaborates with Elysée Foundation in Lausanne to promote photography in the Middle East and the North Africa by locating, collecting and preserving the photographic heritage of that region.
- Famous photographs, and master photographers, that have achieved iconic status as defining moments in history.
Central Pacific Railroad
- Has a photographic history museum; also stereoviews of the first transcontinental railroad.
ClicksyPics Historical Gallery
- A website featuring historical image archives and stereo card animations.
- The Cuarterolo archive is an image bank focused on 19th century Argentine and Latin American photography that houses over 5000 historic photographs.
Cut & Paste - A History Of Photomontage
- Covering the artists involved in photomontage in the Berlin Dada movement, 1980s politics, and the present day.
Early Visual Media
- History of visual Media, photography pre-cinema prestidigitation danse macabre optical illusions.
- A worldwide index of the books and websites that list photographers and when they worked.
Georgian Museum of Photography
- Virtual museum of images from photography, including portraits, architecture, cultural and historical monuments.
Historic Photo Archive
- Kodachrome dating guide for vintage slides.
History of Photography Timeline
- A detailed timeline of photography from ancient times to the present.
How to date an old photograph.
- A discussion of dating a photograph, daguerreotype, tintype, CDV, or Cabinet photo. Photographic technique has always had changes that reflect the latest in scientific innovation. Culture, whether in hairstyles, clothing or settings, can specifically indicate a date an image was taken.
The Magic Mirror of Life: An Appreciation of the Camera Obscura
- Many facets of the camera obscura (dark room); the origin of the photographic camera, its place in art, culture and education,vintage instruments,images, photographs, and working camera obscuras are included.
Mathew J. Steffens
- Article and photographs of Commodore Steffens, one of Chicago's foremost society photographer from 1872 to the 1910's.
Midley History of Photography
- Presents essays by R. Derek Wood on the history of early photography, the daguerreotype and diorama.
- All about Czech and Slovak photography, history, theory, reviews, profiles.
Photographer Nicephore Niepce
- Dedicated to the History of Photography from its origins by French scientist and inventor Nicephore Niepce. Niepce discovered the process known as Heliography.
- History of pinhole photography, including theory and construction details.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 3, 2014 at 14:45:17 UTC -