become an editor
the entire directory
only in Masters/Steichen,_Edward
Edward Steichen (1879-1973)
- Biography based on an exhibition catalog from the Whitney Museum of American Art.
Edward Steichen (1879-1973): The Photo-Secession Years
- Essay on this stage in Steichen's career, from the Metropolitan Museum of Art. With links, and illustrated with some of Steichen's photos in the Museum's collections.
Edward Steichen Portraits
- Selected photographs from an exhibition at the Smithsonian. Requires Flash.
Edward Steichen: The Early Years
- Information about a past exhibition at the Museum of Photographic Art. Includes seven photographs.
National Gallery of Art: Edward Steichen
- Account of Steichen's career as a painter, and in-depth examination of one of his paintings in particular.
Spartacus Educational: Edward Steichen
- Short biography of one of the founders of the Photosecession and organizer of the Family of Man exhibition.
Times Topics: Edward Steichen
- Articles and multimedia related to the versatile photographer, from the New York Times.
Edward Steichen: In Vogue
- While Edward Steichen was famous for celebrity portraits in "Vanity Fair," he also made use of his experience as a painter to produce striking fashion photography for "Vogue." Article with photo gallery. [Smithsonian Magazine] (May 01, 2009)
The Patriarch of the Family of Man
- Obituary for the renowned photographer Edward Steichen. [Time] (April 09, 1973)
Career, Camera, Corn
- Edward Steichen decides to get out of commercial photography. [Time] (January 10, 1938)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 20, 2014 at 14:35:06 UTC -