become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/New_York
Troupes and Companies
NYC Off Broadway
Arts: Performing Arts: Theatre: Community Theatre: United States: New York
Regional: North America: United States: New York: Arts and Entertainment: Theater
- An avant-garde theater company emphasizing the creation of new theater pieces from original texts and the theatrical use of existing texts staged from a specific point of view. Established in 1970 and based in New York City.
29th St. Rep
- Off Broadway Theater based in NYC, in the past has featured work from or by Edward Norton and Charles Bukowski.
Act 2 Productions
- New York City-based theater and film company. Includes recent shows, cast, past productions, and current schedule.
- Western New York company dedicated to the development and production of new plays and musicals with four subsidiary enterprises. Information on the groups, their productions, personnel, and purposes.
The Altruistic Theatre Company
- New York City company producing shows that are experimental without being artsy. Includes profiles of the company's principal players, current and past productions.
Animated Theaterworks, Inc.
- Informational site for ATW, a NYC based off-broadway theater production company dedicated to helping playwrights improve their works through audience feedback and theatergoers to enhance their experience by being part of the play development process through the InterActive Play Development Program. Currently in production, In The Footsteps of Moses, the story of Harriet Tubman, by Willis Whyte .
Aquila Theatre Company
- Latest news, performance schedules, production information and artist biographies.
Attic Salt Theatre Company
- Arts in education, off-Broadway, improvisation, plays, charity, and children's theater and offered by the Astoria, Queens, NY based theatre company.
- Current year's productions, history, company information. Artistic Director, Howard Meyer.
Bamboo and Bone
- Bamboo and Bone provides a unique fusion of dramatized mono-poems and music of the Shakuhachi, a Japanese bamboo flute. Incorporates original, modern, and traditional Zen meditation music.
Big Art Group
- engaged in inspiriring collaboration, experimentation, and an adventurous spirit in the arts. big art group aggressively attacks the boundaries of theatre through its experimentation with structure, medium, and process: producing queer, minority, and underground content.
Blue Roses Productions
- Dedicated to presenting the works of Tennessee Williams, and nurturing and producing works by new American playwrights that champion the human spirit.
Bogie's Mystery Tours
- The original participatory mystery events company and creators of Mystery Dinner Theater.
The Ensemble Studio Theatre
- The Ensemble Studio Theatre is a not-for-profit development theatre founded in 1969 with two primary goals: to nurture individual theatre artists, and to develop new American plays.
- Web/theatre productions with live performances, text, photos and audience reviews. Home of New York Digi-Theatre artists, Galinsky and friends.
- Regional Theatre in Rochester NY
- A professional regional theatre with a diverse summer mainstage season, a children's theatre series, and year-round education programs. Based in Ithaca.
Horse Trade Theater Group
- A theater development group in New York City that encompasses the Kraine Theater, St. Marks Theater, and Red Room Theater. Includes calendar, upcoming season, reservation and rental information.
International WOW Company
- Founded in 1996 and produces original plays in New York City and Thailand, with a focus on international and intercultural collaboration.
Jewish Theater of New York
- Past, present and future productions of the JTNY in USA, Europe, and Middle East, plus sample of reviews and short descriptions of productions.
Literally Alive Children's Theatre
- Produces live theatrical performances in NYC which are based on classic children's literature. Shows include The Ugly Duckling, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and The Velveteen Rabbit.
Little Artistic Value
- The domain for Little Artistic Value Productions, the Manhattan based theater company. Featuring New York actors Shon Little and Jodi Shilling.
The Looking Glass Theatre
- A theatrical organization dedicated to reflecting life on the stage with truth and theatricality while exploring a female vision.
Ma-Yi Theatre Company
- Performs original works by Filipino and Asian American playwrights, actors, directors and theatre artists.
Mind The Gap Theatre
- Dedicated to producing/developing new British plays for NYC audiences, and in fostering a play exchange between the US, and UK.
Mint Theater Company
- In the heart of the theatre district of New York City, a non-profit theatre company dedicated to bringing worthy but neglected plays back to the stage.
MusicalFare Musical Theatre Company
- A year round professional musical theatre company in Amherst presenting world premiere musicals, area premiere musicals, and traditional musicals presented in an original style.
Naked Angels Theater Company
- A nonprofit New York City theater company of actors, writers, directors, designers, and producers developing and collaborating on new works for the stage.
New York City Players
- Aims to bring new forms of theater and performance to the public, increasing awareness of live theater, and understanding of theater practices. Information about shows, press releases, and contact details.
- Information concerning current and future performances at the Ontological at St. Marks Theater, 131 East 10th Street, which is the perminant home of Richard Foreman's Ontological-Hysteric Theater
- Company of adults who create and perform original theater for children ages 4 through 9.
Partial Comfort Productions
- Manhattan based theater company dedicated to showcasing the work of talented young actors, writers, and directors.
- A writer's theater, and the only theater in New York City dedicated solely to the creation and production of new American plays and musicals.
- NEW works for the theatre. Free monthly reading series, workshops, and full-scale productions. Not-for-profit company based in NYC.
- Performing schizophrenia for the information age.
Red Metal Mailbox
- dedicated to presenting intensely physical, fiercely poetic, original works of theater
- New York Off-Off Broadway theatre company that makes their home at the Present Company Theatorium. Current events and shows, reservations on-line, and photos of past shows.
Riverside Opera Ensemble
- Not-for-profit, Manhattan based company which was founded in 1984 and is dedicated to the development of new works and talent in music theatre.
The Shadow Box Theatre
- A children's theatre company serving New York City for 30 years, featuring puppetry and live performers, song and dance, full productions as well as storytellings, workshops, books, tapes.
Shea's Performing Arts Center
- Buffalo. Performing arts center featuring off-broadway and first-run plays, musicals, concerts. Contains information about the theatre, current productions, educational programs, and contact details.
- Resident theater on Staten Island's North Shore that embraces a creative and professional experience for artists to develop their talents through the unique power of live theatre.
- A Central New York professional theater company. Listed are schedules, details on performances, online ticket purchasing, brochure and e-news sign-up.
- This playreading series brings both classic and new scripts, performed by professional actors, to the Hudson Valley.
Theatre Of Youth
- Part of a network of professional American theatres dedicated to producing meaningful plays for young people.
Ubu Repertory Theater
- Ubu Repertory Theater 1999 schedule.
Women's Project & Productions
- Nation's largest and oldest theatre company devoted to producing the work of female playwrights.
The Wooster Group
- Experimental theatre collective in New York City
Wow Cafe Theatre
- A women's performance collective in New York City.
Yara Arts - Ukraine and Ukrainians at Brama
- theatre of the Ukraine and Ukrainians in NYC
Young Playwrights Inc.
- Founded by Stephen Sondheim, Young Playwrights Inc. is America's only professional theater devoted solely to writers aged 18 or younger and to facilitating the study of playwriting for students and teachers.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 15, 2015 at 7:23:43 UTC -