become an editor
the entire directory
only in NYC_Off_Broadway/Companies
NYC Off Broadway
Arts: Performing Arts: Theatre: Troupes and Companies: North America: United States: New York
Arts: Performing Arts: Theatre: Venues: North America: United States: New York
13th Street Repertory Company
- A non-profit company which hosts the longest running play in New York Off-Off Broadway history, Israel Horovitz's Line. Information on production schedule, children's theatre, archives and contacts.
29th Street Repertory Theatre
- Long running off-Broadway theatre troupe known for gritty, edgy work.
52nd Street Project
- Matches inner city kids with professional theatre artists to create original theatre.
Abingdon Theatre Company
- NYC theatre company devoted to nurturing new works.
Adhesive Theater Project
- Not-for-profit off-Broadway theatrical company dedicated to the marriage of visual arts, dance, image, and avant-garde style with the traditional narrative.
AMAS Musical Theatre, Inc
- Company devoted to discovering new musicals. Founded by TVs Rosetta LeNoire from Family Matters.
American Globe Theatre
- Theatre troupe that produces both contemporary works and revivals. Brings Shakespeare into the schools via an active education program.
American Place Theatre, The
- Not-for-profit, off-Broadway theatre committed to producing new plays by American playwrights and bringing theatre to a diverse audience.
Aquila Theatre Company
- Latest news, performance schedules, production information, and artist biographies.
Artistic New Directions
- Not-for-profit theatre company dedicated to the development of new works, new artists, and new ideas in the theatrical community.
- Dedicated to the creation and presentation of original, thought provoking theater. A fusion of acting, movement, dance and playwrighting.
Billie Holiday Theatre
- The non-profit independent theatre has offered a wide range of Black theater for over three decades. A schedule of the current season is available.
Break A Leg Productions
- When actress Teri Black broke her leg, she couldn't even audition for "The Man Who Came to Dinner". To keep her creative juices flowing, she began readings of comedies in her apartment and Break A Leg Productions was born.
- Produces a wide variety of socially conscious, and experimental theatre, and cultural enrichment program for children and teens.
Chicago City Limits
- New York's longest running comedy revue. Online tickets and information on classes.
- Videos, music, and information from past and future shows.
- NYC based Latino theatre company.
Imua! Theatre Company
- Founded in 1994 to invest, mentor, and support multicultural theatre artists and their work.
Jewish Theater of New York
- Past, present, and future productions of the JTNY in USA, Europe, and Middle East, plus samples of reviews and short descriptions of productions.
Lincoln Center Theater
- Not-for-profit theater company offering information on productions, box office, membership, and a gallery. Performances mainly at the Vivian Beaumont Theater.
Lucille Lortel Theatre
- Provides current and historical information about the Lucille Lortel Theatre and Playwrights' Sidewalk.
Manhattan Theatre Club
- Off-off Broadway production company with plays and readings by new and established artists. Performances at Stages I and II at the City Center.
MCC Theater: Manhattan Class Company
- A celebrated off-Broadway theater company that works to create a vibrant future for theater by revealing luminous and compelling voices.
- Information concerning current and future performances at the Ontological at St. Marks Theater.
Open Door Theater
- NYC non-profit theater producing original plays by authors who are more or less unknown.
Pearl Theatre Company
- Press releases, current season schedules, performance calendars, special events, and current opportunities.
Performance Space 122
- Features a calendar of events, directions, tickets, and information on upcoming shows.
- Long running 42nd Street theatre devoted to the creation and production of new works.
Point Of You Productions, Inc.
- The main source for information for this New York City based, Off-Broadway theatre company including current and future production information, cast bios, and mailing list applications.
- Not-for Profit theatre company in NYC focusing on new works for the theatre. Programs include free monthly reading series, workshops, and full-scale productions.
The Queen's Company
- All-female classical theatre company. Current production information as well as production archives and general information.
Round about Theatre
- Non-profit organization now playing at the American Airlines Theatre on NYC's West 42nd Street.
Sonnet Repertory Theatre
- Not-for-profit theatre focusing regular season on the classics and summer season of new works.
Steps Theatre Production Company
- New York NY. Multicultural theatre founded in 1997 by Slava Stepnov. Productions include plays by Chekhov, Pirandello, Nabokov, Pushkin, Lord Byron, performed in English, Russian and Spanish.
- Resident theater on Staten Island's North Shore that embraces a creative and professional experience for artists to develop their talents through the unique power of live theatre.
Synchronicity Theatre Group
- Presents a variety of non-commercial productions. Information on new and past productions. Location in New York City's Soho region.
Theater For A New Generation
- Young and old professionals performing off-broadway.
- Non-profit organization that develops and nurtures plays by playwrights from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Vineyard Theatre, The
- Theatre company dedicated to creating new work, taking artistic risks, and collaborating with gifted artists on passionate and provocative new plays and musicals.
Women's Project & Productions
- Nation's largest and oldest theatre company devoted to producing the work of female playwrights.
- Ensemble of artists who have collaborated on the development and production of theater and media pieces since the early 1970's.
The WorkShop Theater Company
- Off-off Broadway theater company located near Penn Station, specializing in developing new scripts.
Yara Arts Group
- Combining drama, poetry, song, historical materials, and movement to create original theatre pieces that explore timely issues rooted in the East.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 15, 2015 at 7:23:43 UTC -