become an editor
the entire directory
only in Theatre/Minstrel_Shows
Foster, Stephen Collins
Arts: Music: History: 19th Century American
Arts: Television: Programs: Comedy: Sitcoms: Amos 'n' Andy
Society: Issues: Race-Ethnic-Religious Relations: Race and Racism
Africans in America
- Information on the origins of the minstrel character, Jim Crow.
American Minstrel Show Collection
- Information about the archive held at Princeton University.
- Includes images, background and a script sample.
Jim Crow Museum of Racist Memorabilia at Ferris State University
- Racism and racial stereotypes in the Jim Crow Era. Includes information on minstrel shows, the stock characters originated in them such as Jim Crow, Zip Coon and their impact on American life.
Minstrel Show, The
- Page from a site on the Jacksonian era in America provides a short history of the minstrel genre and an exploration of the archetypes it created.
- Explores the musical tradition. Includes an article by John Kenrick and a typical minstrel program.
Minstrelsy Homepage 1830-1852
- Includes image gallery, songs, texts, notices and reviews, articles, and essays and interpretation of the minstrel show tradition.
Stephen Foster | Blackface Minstrelsy
- From the website for the PBS American Experience documentary "Stephen Foster" a page of information on the Minstrel Show in the 19th century.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 20, 2015 at 23:40:33 UTC -