become an editor
the entire directory
only in Theatre/History
Arts: Performing Arts: Theatre: Minstrel Shows
Adrian Gatie Theatre Photographs
- Extensive collection of theatre photographs at the Stephen Joseph Theatre, the Hull Truck Theatre and others in the UK. Actors include Alan Ayckbourn and John Godber in rehearsals, as well as stage sets.
American Variety Stage: Vaudeville and Popular Entertainment, 1870-1920
- Selected materials from the popular stage and allied arts housed at the Library of Congress. Includes photographs and memorabilia of Houdini, English playscripts, Yiddish playscripts, a selection of playbills and program books, motion pictures, and sound recordings.
- Biographical information on Arthur Lloyd, major 19th century UK music hall performer and song writer, with details on related Halls and Theatres.
Black Broadway: A Twentieth Century Black Musical Review
- A virtual playhouse designed to celebrate the history and future of African-American musical theatre and dance.
Broadway: The Golden Age
- Dedicated to Rick McKay's film about the rise of Broadway theatre as told by performers, writers and composers.
Early Twentieth-Century Russian Drama
- An overview of the directors, designers, artists and playwrights in Russia who shaped modern drama during the first two decades of the twentieth century. Includes hundreds of images, multimedia, and commentary.
George M. Cohan
- The life of George M. Cohan and his most significant plays are reviewed, along with a complete stageography, filmography and on-going discography.
The Golden Age of British Theatre 1880-1920
- Biographies of British actors including Adeline Genée, Sir John Hare and Dame Irene Vanbrugh. Illustrated with contemporary postcards and including extracts from reviews.
Golden Age of Theatre (1880-1920), The
- Illustrated biographies of major British actors during the early years of the nineteenth century, including Gertie Miller, Gabrielle Ray and Seymour Hicks.
HAT- History of Australian Theatre
- Contains articles on Australian theatre history and a 3000 entry historical database of people associated with it.
History of St. John Terrell's Lambertville Music Circus
- Provides information, photos, stories, and facts about the establishment.
Padua Hills Theatre — The Mexican Players
- From 1932 to 1974 the Mexican Players performed at Padua Hills Theatre in Claremont, California, preserving their heritage while fighting prejudice. Includes their history and photographs.
Playbills from Edinburgh's Theatre Royal
- A database of 240 playbills, which were used to advertise performances and events at the start of the 19th century, from the collection of the National Library of Scotland.
- Collections of articles and links on the origins of theatre and theatre history in various countries, cultures, and time periods.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 31, 2014 at 16:15:07 UTC -