become an editor
the entire directory
only in Storytelling/Festivals
Open Directory - Arts: Performing Arts: Storytelling: Festivals
Arts: Performing Arts: Festivals
This category in other languages:
Bay Area Storytelling Festival
- San Francisco Bay Area's annual weekend of storytelling held in Kennedy Grove Regional Park, El Sobrante, California.
Beyond The Border
- A celebration of the world’s oral traditions, held every other year at St Donats Castle on the South Wales coast. It also promotes storytelling events throughout the year in Wales and elsewhere in the UK.
Buffalo Commons Storytelling Festival
- Usually held the first weekend after Memorial day each year in McCook, Nebraska.
Cave Run Storytelling Festival
- Annual festival held on the shore of Cave Run Lake in the Daniel Boone National Forest located eight miles west of Morehead, Kentucky. September.
Connecticut Storytelling Festival
- Annual gathering (April) of storytellers at Connecticut College, New London, Connecticut, USA.
Cracker Storytelling Festival
- Annual autumn festival (October) at Homeland Heritage Park, Homeland, Florida featuring Florida performers.
Festival at the Edge
- Much Wenlock, Shropshire, UK. Annual weekend festival of storytelling, music, poetry and related arts, held each July.
Festival de conte du Québec
- Bi-annual Montreal Intercultural Storytelling Festival. Tales and tellers from Canada and Ireland. October.
Four Corners Storytelling Festival
- National and local storytellers of all ages participate in this annual two-day festival. Farmington, New Mexico. October.
Fox Valley Folk Music & Storytelling Festival
- Chicago area festival. Schedule, teller profiles, links, and event history. Geneva, Illinois. September.
- Hosts annual artfests and storytelling open mics at different spots around the globe.
Féile Scealaíochth Chléire
- The Cape Clear International Storytelling Festival takes place annually each September, on the southernmost of Ireland's islands. Stories in Irish and English for children and adults, discussions, swaps, workshops for aspiring seanachies, puppets, and music.
George West Storyfest
- Family oriented, free festival featuring storytelling, cowboy poetry, music, history reenactments, and craft demonstrations. Weekend of the first Saturday in November. George West, Texas.
Haunting in the Hills Storytelling Festival
- National Park Service hosts this annual event at Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area, Tennessee.
Illinois Storytelling Festival
- Third weekend of September. Spring Grove, Illinois, USA.
Kansas Storytelling Festival
- Held in April each year. Evening concerts and many separate sessions of stories, workshops and music. Downs, Kansas.
La Crosse Storytelling Festival
- Annual storytelling festival (since 2003) in LaCrosse, Wisconsin. September.
Mariposa Storytelling Festival
- Annual production of the Mariposa Arts council, held near Yosemite National Park, California. March.
Mesa Storytelling Festival
- Nationally-known tellers engage and enthrall audiences as they take part in the Valley's largest storytelling event celebrating the love of reading and the power of imagination. Mesa, Arizona. October.
Montana Story Telling Roundup
- Montana's only annual storytelling festival, held each April. Cut Bank, Montana, USA.
National Storytelling Festival
- An international gathering of storytellers and listeners held annually on the first weekend in October in Jonesborough, Tennessee. Over two dozen tellers entertain thousands of festivalgoers in circus style tents.
Ocoee Story Fest
- An annual festival begun in 1996, OSF brings world class tellers to Cleveland, TN. Joint production of the Cleveland Storytelling Guild and Cleveland State Community College.
Ojai Storytelling Festival
- Annual storytelling Festival held each May in Ojai, California. Schedule, tellers, archives, photos.
Riverway Storytelling Festival
- Uplifting and provocative -- a week of storytelling for all ages in Albany, New York each April. Includes family storytelling, ghost stories, stories for adults, story swaps and workshops. Featuring national storytellers.
S.O.M.O.S Taos Storytelling Festival
- Two days of storytelling by recognized national and regional tellers. Stories from the Native American and Hispanic traditions,ghost tales as well as stories for children and families.
Sierra Storytelling Festival
- Annual storytelling festival (July) held in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada near Nevada City, California. Schedule, tellers, ticket info.
Signifyin' and Testifyin' Storytelling Festival
- Annual fall festival held in Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota. Presented by the Black Storytellers Alliance.
Slieve Bloom Storytelling Festival
- A weekend of Tall tales, myths, legends, music, song and fun in Great houses and Castles in the Heart of Ireland. Mid-October.
Southern Ohio Storytelling Festival
- Annual festival held the first weekend after Labor day in historic Chillicothe, Ohio.
Spoken Word Festival
- Spoken word art, storytelling, poems, standup, rap, chat and other spoken word experiments in preformance, seminars and workshops. National and international artists. November. Odense, Denmark.
The Storytelling Festival of Carolina
- Tellers, schedule, and info for this annual Tale Telling and Yarn Spinning weekend in Laurinburg, South Carolina.
Talk Story Festival
- Hawaii's largest and oldest storytelling celebration featuring the tales and tellers of Hawaii (and a few guests) for three free nights each October.
Tampa-Hillsborough County Storytelling Festival
- Tampa, Florida, USA. Annual Festival features professional and youth storytellers.
Tapestry of Tales
- Annual event of the Multnomah County Library, Portland, Oregon.
- An international night of storytelling held each November on the Saturday before Thanksgiving(in USA)! Check listings for an event near you.
Three Apples Storytelling Festival
- One of the nation’s largest and oldest storytelling festivals, held annually in the scenic New England town of Harvard, Massachusetts.
Three Rivers Story Telling Festival
- Official site of an annual weekend-long storytelling festival in Pittsburgh, PA, hosted by Northland Public Library.
Timpanogos Storytelling Festival
- One of the largest storytelling festivals in the West. Held in August each year. Orem, Utah, USA.
Indian Canyon Indian Storytelling Festival
- Sponsored by the Costanoan Ohlone Indian Canyon Resource. Hollister, California. (May 25, 2002)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 22, 2013 at 12:24:06 UTC -