become an editor
the entire directory
only in Storytelling/Festivals
Open Directory - Arts: Performing Arts: Storytelling: Festivals
Arts: Performing Arts: Festivals
This category in other languages:
Féile Scealaíochth Chléire
- The Cape Clear International Storytelling Festival takes place annually each September, on the southernmost of Ireland's islands. Stories in Irish and English for children and adults, discussions, swaps, workshops for aspiring seanachies, puppets, and music.
Bay Area Storytelling Festival
- San Francisco Bay Area's annual weekend of storytelling held in Kennedy Grove Regional Park, El Sobrante, California.
Beyond The Border - International Storytelling Festival
- A celebration of the world’s oral traditions, held every other year at St Donats Castle on the South Wales coast. Beyond The Border also promotes storytelling events throughout the year in Wales and elsewhere in the UK.
Buffalo Commons Storytelling Festival
- Usually held the first weekend after Memorial day each year in McCook, Nebraska.
Cave Run Storytelling Festival
- Annual festival held on the shore of Cave Run Lake in the Daniel Boone National Forest located eight miles west of Morehead, Kentucky. September.
Connecticut Storytelling Festival
- Annual gathering (April) of storytellers at Connecticut College, New London, Connecticut, USA.
Festival at the Edge
- Much Wenlock, Shropshire, UK. Annual weekend festival of storytelling, music, poetry and related arts, held each July.
Festival de conte du Québec
- Bi-annual Montreal Intercultural Storytelling Festival. Tales and tellers from Canada and Ireland. October.
Forest Storytelling Festival
- The Story People of Clallam County invite storytellers from around the world to Port Angeles, Washington. October.
Four Corners Storytelling Festival
- National and local storytellers of all ages participate in this annual two-day festival. Farmington, New Mexico. October.
Fox Valley Folk Music & Storytelling Festival
- Chicago area festival. Schedule, teller profiles, links, and event history. Geneva, Illinois. September.
- The Fray Web site used to host annual artfests and storytelling open mics at different spots around the globe.
George West Storyfest
- Family oriented, free festival featuring storytelling, cowboy poetry, music, history reenactments, and craft demonstrations. Weekend of the first Saturday in November. George West, Texas.
Haunting in the Hills Storytelling Festival
- National Park Service hosts this annual event at Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area, Tennessee.
Illinois Storytelling Festival
- Third weekend of September. Spring Grove, Illinois, USA.
Kansas Storytelling Festival
- Held in April each year. Evening concerts and many separate sessions of stories, workshops and music. Downs, Kansas.
La Crosse Storytelling Festival
- Annual storytelling festival (since 2003) in LaCrosse, Wisconsin. September.
Mesa Storytelling Festival
- Nationally-known tellers engage and enthrall audiences as they take part in the Valley's largest storytelling event celebrating the love of reading and the power of imagination. Mesa, Arizona. October.
National Storytelling Festival
- An international gathering of storytellers and listeners held annually on the first weekend in October in Jonesborough, Tennessee. Over two dozen tellers entertain thousands of festivalgoers in circus style tents.
Northlands Annual Conference
- Presenting storytelling workshops and performances since 1983. Serves storytellers and storytelling enthusiasts in Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Michigan.
Ocala Storytelling Festival
- Two days of stories by national, regional and local storytellers. Annual event.
Ocoee Story Fest
- An annual festival begun in 1996, OSF brings world class tellers to Cleveland, TN. Joint production of the Cleveland Storytelling Guild and Cleveland State Community College.
Once Upon a Thames
- St. Marys Storytelling Festival, St. Marys, Ontario. June.
Riverway Storytelling Festival
- Uplifting and provocative -- a week of storytelling for all ages in Albany, New York each April. Includes family storytelling, ghost stories, stories for adults, story swaps and workshops. Featuring national storytellers.
S.O.M.O.S Taos Storytelling Festival
- Two days of storytelling by recognized national and regional tellers. Stories from the Native American and Hispanic traditions,ghost tales as well as stories for children and families.
Signifyin' and Testifyin' Storytelling Festival
- Annual fall festival held in Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota. Presented by the Black Storytellers Alliance.
Southern Ohio Storytelling Festival
- Annual festival held the first weekend after Labor day in historic Chillicothe, Ohio.
Spoken Word Festival
- Spoken word art, storytelling, poems, standup, rap, chat and other spoken word experiments in preformance, seminars and workshops. National and international artists. November. Odense, Denmark.
St. Louis Storytelling Festival
- For more than 30 years, the St. Louis Storytelling Festival has celebrated storytelling. More than 40 regional and 7 featured storytellers and their audiences gather during this four-day event.
Tampa-Hillsborough County Storytelling Festival
- Tampa, Florida, USA. Annual Festival features professional and youth storytellers.
Tapestry of Tales
- Annual event of the Multnomah County Library, Portland, Oregon.
- An international night of storytelling held each November on the Saturday before Thanksgiving(in USA)! Check listings for an event near you.
The Storytelling Festival of Carolina
- Tellers, schedule, and info for this annual Tale Telling and Yarn Spinning weekend in Laurinburg, South Carolina.
Three Apples Storytelling Festival
- One of the nation’s largest and oldest storytelling festivals, held annually in the scenic New England town of Harvard, Massachusetts.
Three Rivers Story Telling Festival
- Official site of an annual weekend-long storytelling festival in Pittsburgh, PA, hosted by Northland Public Library.
Timpanogos Storytelling Festival
- One of the largest storytelling festivals in the West. Held in August each year. Orem, Utah, USA.
Stitching Stars Storytelling Festival
- (January 06, 2007)
Indian Canyon Indian Storytelling Festival
- Sponsored by the Costanoan Ohlone Indian Canyon Resource. Hollister, California. (May 25, 2002)
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, June 5, 2012 12:24:56 AM EDT -