become an editor
the entire directory
only in Storytelling/Associations
Society: Folklore: Organizations
Alabama Storytelling Association
- Statewide organization for people who love stories and storytelling, and a resource for educators, business and individuals to turn to for information about how to use story for their individual needs.
Black Storytellers Alliance
- Non-profit 501(c)3 organization of storytellers, educators and community supporters of the oral tradition as practiced by African people in the Diaspora.
Blether Tay-Gither, Dundee Storytelling Group
- Local charity and group of storytellers in Dundee, Scotland, who love sharing stories. Information about local storytelling events and workshops.
Bloomington (Indiana) Storytellers' Guild
- Monthly meetings to share stories and plan events. Site lists upcoming events, membership and contact information.
By Word of Mouth Storytelling Guild
- Missouri based organization of story tellers and listeners. Membership directory, event listings, and photos.
California Indian Storytelling Association
- Promoting the stories and culture of the indigenous people of the Americas. Membership information, events, festivals, and mailing list.
- Community Storytellers is a Los Angeles area storyswap group that meets monthly.
Connecticut Storytelling Center
- Annual festival, school programs, event calendar, membership directory, and newsletter. New London, Connecticut.
Detroit Storytelling Festival
- The Detroit Story League began meeting in 1912 and has held an annual festival since 1988.
Dreamshapers Storytellers & Troubadours
- Non-profit organization providing artists and programs for children and their families. Member directory, event calendar, program information and testimonials. Los Angeles, California.
East Texas Storytellers
- Network of storytellers and story listeners, includes member directory, event listings, photos, and storytelling retreat.
Fireside Story League
- Volunteer storytelling league; includes photo gallery, event calendar, newsletter. Tacoma, Washington.
Healing Story Alliance
- Network for storytellers, therapists, clergy, health care practitioners of all kinds, anyone who can see the benefit of story as a tool for healing. Stories, resources, articles, links. Special Interest Group of the National Storytelling Network.
Houston Storytellers Guild
- Promoting the art and craft of storytelling in the Houston, Texas, area through performances and workshops.
Inland Valley Storytellers
- Includes member profiles and local events. Most activities in Claremont, California.
- Discussion group of the National Storytelling Network (USA), for storytellers and listeners who wish to share the wisdom tales/sacred stories from every spiritual tradition.
Jewish Storytelling Coalition
- A venue for informal story sharing and networking, meeting the needs of Jewish storytellers and story listeners alike. It is a place where story listeners can grow into storytellers, and storytellers can grow in proficiency and professionalism. (MA/New England)
Jonesborough Storytellers Guild
- Monthly meetings and weekly performances by professional and amateur tellers. Member directory, audio recordings, event listings, and workshop information. Jonesborough, TN.
Keepers Of The Culture, Inc. ("Khotsi")
- Cultural arts organization perpetuating the African and African-American oral tradition. Member directory, meeting and event information, and photos. Philadelphia, PA.
Kentucky Storytelling Association
- A non-profit membership organization whose mission is to develop on-going support and appreciation for storytelling in Kentucky.
LANES League for the Advancement of New England Storytelling
- Member directory, event listings, news letter, mailing list, festival and conference information. New England and Upstate New York
Lehigh Valley Storytelling Guild
- Monthly meeting for professional and amateur tellers, member directory, and event listings. Allentown/Bethlehem area, PA.
- Up-to-date calendar and contact information of public storytelling events, courses, festivals and conferences featuring locations in Michigan or featuring Michigan storytellers.
National Association of Black Storytellers
- Information on festivals, memberships, storytellers, history, and workshops.
National Storytelling Network
- The web page of the National Storytelling Network, with links to its Festival, organization, and resources.
Network of Biblical Storytellers(NOBS)
- Global organization encourages oral, written, and electronic forms of passing on stories from the Bible.
New Jersey Storytelling Network
- Storytelling events, shows and projects. Includes directory of storytellers in New Jersey.
New Zealand Guild of Storytellers
- Promoting storytelling and the oral literature of New Zealand. Regional listings of events and storytellers.
The North Carolina Storytelling Guild (NCSG)
- Providing storytelling events, continuing education opportunities and advocacy for the art of the oral tradition throughout the state of North Carolina.
Northlands Storytelling Network
- The largest regional storytelling organization in the United States, a community of storytellers and storylisteners throughout the upper Midwest (Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, and Wisconsin).
Northstar Storytelling League Homepage
- Minneapolis-based storytelling arts organization. Events page lists storytelling events throughout the state of Minnesota.
O.O.P.S! - The Ohio Order for the Preservation of Storytelling
- The networking agent and supporting organization for storytelling and storytellers in the State of Ohio. Holds annual Storytelling Conference, regional seminars and publishes a quarterly newsletter.
The Ottawa Storytellers
- Promoting the art of storytelling in our community. The site lists events and resources for tellers and listeners. (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
Pioneer Valley Folklore Society
- Monthly song and story swap, Amherst, Massachusetts.
Portland Storytellers' Guild
- Elevating the Art of Traditional Storytelling. Storyteller directory, upcoming events, newsletter. Portland, OR.
- Promoting excellence in storytelling, increasing public awareness of storytelling as an art form and an educational tool. Evansville, Indiana.
SAC - Storytelling Association of California
- The Storytelling Association of California (SAAC) aims to be a regional voice for story listeners and storytellers.
- Sandcastle Storytellers, Inc. is a not for profit storytelling club. We tell all types of stories for all ages. Everyone is welcome to come to our public meetings. (Florida).
The Scottish Storytelling Centre and Network
- Includes stories, events, festivals, tours, and John Knox House.
Seattle Storytellers Guild
- Holds bi-monthly events appropriate for all ages. Event calendar, list of members, membership information, and newsletter. Seattle, WA.
Smoky Mountain Storytellers
- A local organization supporting storytelling and tellers around Knoxville, Tennessee and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
The Society for Storytelling
- Homepages for the UK Society for Storytelling, giving contact and membership details, publication and storytelling tapes lists, and society events.
South Coast Storyteller's Guild
- Celebrating the oral tradition and developing student storytellers in Costa Mesa, California.
South East Louisiana Storytelling Guild
- SELA Storytelling's Guild's website with information and resources about storytelling in Louisiana and beyond.
Southern Order of Storytellers
- Atlanta, Georgia, based group of storytellers and listeners bring storytelling and listening back to their traditional place in the human community. Events, resources, and links.
- Organization training volunteer storytellers to connect generations and build community.
Stories For Life
- non-profit educational organization dedicated to teaching children the art of storytelling
Story Circle of the Capital District
- A group of people who love stories. Find out about our storytelling guild and the storytelling events in the greater Albany, NY, US, area.
Storytellers of Canada
- Nationwide organization provides list of members by province, annual conference, event listings, and membership information. [English and French]
Storytellers of Central Ohio
- For the members of the Storytellers of Central Ohio and all who love stories.
Storytellers Of Ireland - Aos Scéal Éireann - Two Shorten the Road
- Established in 2003 to promote and foster the oral tradition of Storytelling throughout Ireland.
StoryTellers of the American Frontier
- Program based in Atlanta, Georgia, for at-risk youth that build character through historical and cultural awareness. StoryTellers feature true stories of the African, Mexican and Native Americans who have been left out of the History books.
Storytellers School of Toronto
- Supports creative work in the art of storytelling and the Toronto Storytelling Festival. Toronto, Canada.
The Storytellers' Guild of Anchorage
- Guild sponsors Tellabration! and other storytelling events -- with the aim of inviting Anchorage residents to take part in the worldwide resurgence of interest in storytelling. The guild meets once a month and is open to all storytellers and aspiring storytellers who wish to grow in the practice of this art.
Storytelling Arts Center of the Southeast
- SACS, in Laurinburg, NC, presents the Boldfaced Liars' Showdown, the Storytelling Festival of Carolina, teacher workshops, the Story Spinners Guild, the Youthful Voices Competition and preservation of the storytelling arts.
Storytelling Arts of Indiana
- Promotes the art and use of storytelling in daily life through concerts, workshops, programs and other events.
Storytelling Center, Inc. of New York City
- New York's premier storytelling organization, offering workshops, swaps and special events.
The Storytelling Guild of Australia (WA) Inc.
- Celebrating the art and traditions of oral storytelling. Aims to be the definitive source of information regarding storytelling in Western Australia.
Storytelling Guild of Eastern Idaho
- Promoting and providing storytelling in Eastern Idaho
Storytelling In Organizations
- A Special Interest Group of the National Storytelling Network. Membership and conference information, newsletter, and articles.
Strawberry Fields Storytellers
- New Storytelling Guild in Miami Florida area.
T.A.L.E.S. - The Alberta League Encouraging Storytelling
- An association of storytellers in Alberta, Canada
Tale Tellers of St. Augustine, Florida
- Master Storytellers from the Nation's Oldest City perform at festivals, schools, libraries, and special events throughout Florida -- and beyond.
Tarrant Area Guild of Storytellers
- Guild offering events and workshops in the Fort Worth TX area.
Tejas Storytelling Association
- A non-profit organization that is dedicated to fostering the appreciation of storytelling of all facets through out the South Central Region.
Tellastory: Dallas Storytelling Guild
- The guild celebrates the art, craft, and traditions of storytelling and works to keep the oral tradition alive through educational and public programs. Our website supports this mission.
Tennessee Tellers: The Cleveland Storytelling Guild
- Membership information, events calendar, local tellers list, and links. Cleveland, Tennessee.
- Oklahoma organization offers opportunities to learn the art of storytelling by supporting storytelling concerts, conducting workshops and providing information at professional conferences and local and regional events.
Traditional Arts Team
- Runs events in the Midlands relating to traditional performing arts including storytelling, song, music and dance. Publishes the magazine, Folk Monthly.
Vancouver Society of Storytelling
- Promoting the art of storytelling in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Produces the Annual Vancouver Storytelling Festival.
Victoria Storytellers' Guild
- Meets the third Monday of every month to tell and listen to stories.
Virginia Storytelling Alliance (VASA)
- Go Home Calendar The Gathering Storytelling Resources Links About Us About Us Purpose of the Virginia Storytelling Alliance | Benefits of membership | Becoming a member of VASA | Bylaws | Current officers | Contact VASA | Meetings | Other documents about the organization Purpose of the Virginia Storytelling Alliance Virginia's network for storytelling arts. Connecting, supporting, and exchanging information among storytellers. Calendar of events, member directory, by-laws.
Voices in the Glen
- Non-profit organization for lovers of storytelling in the Washington D.C. area that seeks to promote the art of storytelling and the enjoyment of stories.
Washington Storyteller's Theatre
- Venue and organization promoting storytelling in the metropolitan Washington DC area
West Virginia Storytelling Guild
- Supporting and promoting storytellers in West Virginia.
- "Wholistic Health, Education, and Empowerment for Life." Traditional and personal storytelling for children and adults, with the goals of building self-esteem, cultural pride, problem solving skills, and substance abuse prevention. Based in Evergreen, Colorado and Phoenix, Arizona.
- Information and links to storytellers, guilds, and storytelling events in the Badger State.
Wisconsin Storytelling Guilds
- Find a storytelling guild in Wisconsin, courtesy of WIStory.org.
World Storytelling Institute (WSI)
- Training in, performance of, and discussion about, forms of storytelling in Chennai, India. Host of the Chennai Storytelling Association (CSA) .
Your Favorite Storytellers Foundation
- Embracing Literacy, Imagination and Storytelling. Promotes the art of the oral traditions of storytelling and music, and develops professional storytellers. Oak Park, Illinois.
Youth Storytelling Projects
- This site, run by Nationally known storyteller and teacher Kevin Cordi is the first national effort to enlist youth storytelling clubs and troupes for young kids of all ages. It includes advice, council, tips, and more
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 29, 2014 at 8:35:09 UTC -