the entire directory
only in Dance/Morris
Open Directory - Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Morris
Arts: Music: Styles: F: Folk
Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Folk
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Arts and Entertainment: Performing Arts: Dance
Abram Morris Dancers
- History of the Abram Morris Dance, and the modern revival side who perform the dance annually.
BBC Online - Beyond the Broadcast - Making History
- Factsheet from a BBC Radio broadcast by Alun Howkins on the origins of Morris Dance.
Hastings Jack in the Green Festival
- Occurs every May over the Early May Bank Holiday weekend. Features Folk Music, Ceilidhs, Morris Dancers, Giants, and the Jack in the Green.
Icons of England
- Morris dancing has been recognised by the British Government as an 'icon of England'. This site has a brief description of morris dancing and provides the opportunity to comment and vote on its iconic status.
Jeff Bigler's list of morris sides' websites
- A list of morris and sword groups around the world, with information on the gender and style of dance as well as contact details. Note this site has not been updated for a couple of years, although much of the information is still current.
Leicestershire Morris Dancers
- A listing of all sides in Leicestershire and Rutland including contact details and a photo of each team.
Mainly Morris Dancing
- A list of links to all known Morris sides and related websites.
Morris Dancing & May-day Games
- Scanned pages from Walford's Antiquarian, 1886.
- Contact details, history, photographs, and details of future performances of The Langsett Fox Dance. An unusual side from South Yorkshire who dance only at night, and often unannounced.
New England Folk Festival Association
- List of sides in New England, USA.
- Entertaining and informative article on this nineteenth century morris dancer and fool.
- One of the three umbrella organisations for morris sides.
Origin of the Morris
- Spoof morris origin theories. Each time you go to this page you get a different explanation/theory as to the origins of morris dancing.
- History, contact details, photographs and event list of this mixed side from Retford, Nottinghamshire.
Recently Traditional Fictional Morris
- Contact details, photographs and event list of this side from Boston, Massachusetts. Description of the 'Anti-Morris' based upon writings of Terry Pratchett.
Roy Dommett's morris notes
- Notes on the numerous boolets, lectures and articles produced by Roy over the years on cotswold and border morris dancing.
San Francisco Bay Area Morris teams
- One of the first local directories of Morris Dance teams and their specialities.
- Find contact details for all sides in a specific area by clicking on a map of the UK.
The Betley Windows
- History and description with photographs of one of the earliest representations of English Morris Dancers.
The Britannia Coco-nut Dancers
- Contact details, history and photographs of this unique traditional men's side from Bacup, Lancashire.
The Fabulous Fezheads
- Contact details, photographs and amusing member biographies of this groups of 'Sand-Dancers from tropical Kent'. Site also contains details of their annual Fig and Date Fayre.
The Flag & Bone Gang
- Description of this very modern side who have created a new style based on the so-called 'Forgotten Morris' From Yorkshire.
The Hidden Morris
- Transcripts and scanned copies of some of the early C20 collectors notes.
The Morris Café
- A forum for people who are associated with morris dancing but who play parts other than dancers and musicians. i.e. 'Characters, Animals, and Fools, Etc...'
The Morris Dancer's WebRing
- Navigate around a ring of member sites all on the subject of morris dancing. From here webmasters can also submit their sites for membership.
The Morris Ring
- The national association of men's Morris and Sword Dance clubs. Details of membership, events and links to member sides.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, April 26, 2010 5:24:08 PM EDT -