become an editor
the entire directory
only in Historical/Vintage
Open Directory - Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Historical: Vintage
Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Ballroom
Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Swing
Recreation: Living History: By Topic: Costumes: Period: 19th Century
Society: History: By Time Period: Nineteenth Century
Academy of Danse Libre
- Performing group for 19th and early 20th century social dance, based in California. Includes information about upcoming performances, and photos from past performances.
Bohemian National Polka
- Choreography by Richard Powers, intended to portray the original 1830s National Style of Polka from Bohemia.
Cincinnati Historic Dance Society
- Social dances, costume and etiquette from 1840 to 1950. Includes information about classes and events, photo gallery and videos. Ohio.
The Commonwealth Vintage Dancers
- Reconstructing, performing and teaching social dances of the 19th and early 20th centuries. Information about the annual Newport Vintage Dance Week, and upcoming events in and around New England.
The Congress of Vienna Waltz
- A recording of the music for the Congress of Vienna Waltz.
Ellis Rogers and Quadrille Club
- Includes information about classes in London, his book "The Quadrille", and a photo gallery.
The Flying Cloud Academy of Vintage Dance
- Cincinnati Ohio based organization dedicated to the preservation, performance, and teaching of historic ballroom dance and music. Essays, bibliographies, and information about classes, performances and balls.
Grand Traditions Vintage Dance Academy
- Covering dances from the Victorian era through the Ragtime, 1920s, and swing periods. Social dance classes, workshops, and balls in Michigan, for dancers of all levels.
Lexington Vintage Dance Society
- Based in Kentucky. Information about the dances, classes, balls, and performances by the Swan Salon Dancers.
Social Daunce Irregulars Victorian Grand Ball
- Regular balls in California. Also includes information about classes, and photo and video galleries.
Terpsichore - Her Votaries and Fashions
- Background and partial transcription of this 1898 publication covering Irish country dances, quadrilles and couple dances.
Triangle Vintage Dance
- Group organising Victorian balls and regular dance classes in North Carolina.
Victorian Dance Ensemble
- Specializing in dance from the 1860s. Includes some background on the dances, and information about upcoming demonstrations, balls, and classes in Maryland and Pennsylvania. Also contains information about their video: Civil War Dance Instruction.
Victorian Events Calendar
- Listings include period balls, vintage dance programs, concerts, exhibits and symposiums.
Vintage Dance and History in Southern California
- A calendar of events.
Vintage Music and Dance Society
- Connecticut based group. Information about performances by their performing troupe "Polite Society", a list of dances taught, a reconstructed quadrille variation, and a discography.
Ye Gaskell Occasional Dance Society
- Victorian balls in Oakland, California, preceded by a class covering the evening's dances. Includes dates of upcoming dances, maps, and a mailing list form.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 26, 2013 at 0:57:51 UTC -