become an editor
the entire directory
only in Historical/Renaissance
Arts: Music: Styles: E: Early Music
Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Folk: English Country Dancing: Playford
Arts: Periods and Movements: Renaissance
Recreation: Living History: By Historical Region: Europe: Renaissance
Recreation: Living History: By Topic: Costumes: Period: Medieval and Renaissance: Renaissance
Society: History: By Region: Europe: Renaissance
- European dance from the 15th to early 17th centuries. Includes a brief introduction, archives of the Rendance discussion list, links to primary and secondary sources, bibliographies, music and reenactment links, and a directory of teachers, performers, organizations and events.
Accademia della Danza
- SCA dance group based in Massachusetts. Information about their meetings and activities.
- French Renaissance and medieval dance troupe. Information about their performance and education services.
Capriol Society for Early Dance
- Based in Cambridge, England. Mainly concerned with 14th-17th century dancing from the European courts. Background, and information about classes.
- Polish group performing dances from the Renaissance and medieval periods. Information about members and their activities.
- Czech group directed by Eva Kröschlová. Information about the group, their repertoire and their costume designer.
Dance of the Ages
- Includes some general information about reconstructing dances, descriptions of 15th century dance steps, and a reconstruction of the Italian ballo "Leoncello Nuovo".
Eric's SCA Dance and Music Page
- Includes Eric's SCA Dance Booklet, dance music (sheet music, audio files and information about CDs), and a transcription of the 1651 edition of Playford.
- An English translation of Caroso's "Il Ballarino" (1581).
Joy and Jealousy
- Information about a book on 15th century Italian balli by Vivian Stephens and Monica Cellio. Includes a link to the text and music.
L'Academie Atlantienne de la Danse
- A group dedicated to the practice of, and research into, Renaissance and SCA dance. Information about upcoming events, and copies of their electronic newsletter.
The Middle Ages: Medieval and Renaissance Dances
- Cheat sheets, step descriptions, and a list of sources for SCA dances, including some from after 1600.
- Early dance and theater troupe based in British Columbia, Canada. Classes for children and adults, and information about performances and costume workshops.
Norman W. Gray's Home Page
- Includes articles on the Inns of Court dances, Playford dances, the Branle des Chevaux, and the Gresley Collection (circa 1500).
Norwich Historical Dance
- Medieval to Playford dance. Information about events, meetings and services.
- Group of musicians, dancers and actors offering Elizabethan and Jacobean masque entertainment.
- Performing name of Basingstoke Early Dance - performing social dances from between 1450 and 1650. Information about classes, and upcoming performances.
Renaissance Historical Dance Society
- Devonshire UK based group specializing in 15th, 16th and 17th century dances. Includes information about their performances, photos, and a diary of upcoming events.
Thrir Venstri Foetr
- Group based in Washington DC, performing dances from Playford and Arbeau. Includes schedules of performances and rehearsals, and descriptions of steps, figures and dances.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 26, 2015 at 14:22:08 UTC -