become an editor
the entire directory
only in Historical/Baroque
Arts: Music: Styles: E: Early Music
Arts: Periods and Movements: Baroque
Recreation: Living History: By Topic: Costumes: Period: 17th Century
Recreation: Living History: By Topic: Costumes: Period: 18th Century
Society: History: By Time Period: Eighteenth Century
- Ensemble of dancers and musicians founded by Thomas Baird and Hugh Murphy. Information about upcoming events, services, and the East Coast Baroque Dance Workshop.
Baroque Dance and the Bach Cello Suites
- Article by a cellist about his experiences playing the Bach suites for a dancer.
Baroque Dance Mailing List
- Information about how to subscribe to the Feuillet list.
- Dancer Paige Whitley-Bauguess' site. Contains information about classes in North Carolina, Paige's dance activities, the annual East Coast Baroque Dance Workshop, Craven Historical Dancers, a pair of videos, and arrangements of tunes to extant dances.
Bath Minuet Company
- Information about dance classes, the annual Bath Georgian Ball, and photo galleries.
Blakeney Manor: Dance and Music
- Includes an essay on the social and political importance of dance, and Rameau's description of the menuet ordinaire, translated by Essex, as well as information about 18th century songs and musicians.
The Books of John Weaver
- Facsimiles of "Orchesography" and "Of Time and Cadence in Dancing", and an HTML transcription of "Orchesography".
- Early music, dance and commedia; performance and teaching. Information about concerts, classes with Barbara Segal, and their summer school concentrating on 17th and 18th century English repertoire.
Compagnie Fêtes Galantes
- French company directed by Béatrice Massin. Information about the company and their performances.
Consort de Danse Baroque
- UK-based company directed by Philippa Waite. Information about classes, their summer school, and products for sale.
- Dancers Barbara Segal and Frank Perenboom, based in the UK.
- Belgian performing group directed by Sigrid T'Hooft. Includes information about classes.
The Covent Garden Minuet Company
- London-based amateur group performing 18th century social dances. Photos, membership, performances, and a small bibliography.
- Dancer and musician based in California.
Matt's Baroque Dance Pages
- Includes background information, HTML versions of 18th century dance manuals, and an annotated collection of links.
The New York Baroque Dance Company
- Directed by dancer and choreographer Catherine Turocy. Photo gallery, video clip, dancer profiles and information about workshops.
Seattle Early Dance
- Company based in Seattle Washington that reconstructs, performs, and teaches baroque dance. Includes a brief introduction to the dances.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 26, 2012 at 14:15:02 UTC -