the entire directory
only in Dance/Historical
Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Ballet: History
Arts: Performing Arts: Theatre: Physical Theatre: Mask: Commedia Dell'Arte
Recreation: Living History
This category in other languages:
The Arbeau Dancers
- Group based in West Yorkshire, UK, performing dances from the 14th to the 19th centuries. Information about programs.
The Calendar of Historical Dance
- Upcoming events including classes, summer schools, performances and balls. Plus, links organized by country, period and type, facsimiles of early 18th-century choreographies from the Library of Congress, and photos.
- Dance history ensemble of Goucher College in Baltimore, Maryland. Performs ballroom dances of the 18th, 19th and early 20th century. Calendar of upcoming performances.
Dance History Teachers Discussion Group
- Discussion archives, and information about subscribing.
Dance Through Time
- Company that researches, preserves, presents, and educates the public about Western social dances from the 15th century to the present, based in San Francisco. Includes information about upcoming performances, and hiring the company for teaching or performance.
Dolmetsch Historical Dance Society
- Society aiming to promote teaching, performance and research in European dance from the 15th to the 19th century. Includes information about the journal "Historical Dance", books, practice tapes, conferences, summer schools, and a list of dance groups in the UK.
Early Arts Guild of Victoria
- Including Rippon Lea Renaissance and Baroque Dancers, and the Early Music Consort of Melbourne. Information about classes, performances and school programs. Australia.
Early Dance Circle
- Umbrella organization for early dance in the UK. Includes information about membership and events, and an overview of Western dance from the Middle Ages to the 19th century.
The Early Dance Consort
- Based in Sydney, Australia. Offers classes and performances in Renaissance and Baroque dance.
- Music and dance band based in Canberra, Australia. Information about their instruments, performances, dance classes, dance history, dance terms, and some instructions for dances.
Federica Calvino Prina
- Italian dancer and teacher of renaissance and baroque dance. Information about future courses and performances.
The Institute for Historical Dance Practice
- Group based in Belgium that researches, performs and teaches dances from between 1450 and 1920. Information about associated performing groups, services, summer schools and classes.
- Baroque and late Renaissance dancer and researcher. Includes papers, videos, and information about his summer workshop in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Library of Congress: Dance Instruction Manuals
- Facsimiles and SGML versions of social dance manuals from 1490 to 1920. Also includes video clips and an essay giving an overview of the collection.
- Czech group performing Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque and folk dance. Includes information about performances available, and a photo gallery.
New York Historical Dance Company
- Offers workshops and performances in 15th to early 20th century dance. Includes information about services and products for sale.
- History and dance company based in the UK. Information about classes, performance and education services, and books and tapes for sale.
Oxford Historical Dance Society
- Runs one-day workshops in different dance styles. Includes information about workshops.
The Period Dance Group
- The memories of a performing group formed at the University of Georgia in the 1970s.
- Dance group from Groningen, The Netherlands. Includes background information on Renaissance, Baroque and Viennese dance.
- Czech performing group offering shows with historical and folkloric themes.
Society of Dance History Scholars (SDHS)
- Organization dedicated to Western and non-Western dance history, with working groups in early dance and reconstruction. Includes information about publications and conferences, and links organized by subject.
Società di Danza
- Italian group dedicated to researching 19th century and historical dance. Includes information about balls and classes.
Tapestry Historic Dance Ensemble
- Performs dances from the late-15th to mid-19th centuries. Information about classes in the Philadelphia area, and background information on Renaissance, colonial, regency and Victorian dance.
- Renaissance and baroque dance-theater ensemble based in Switzerland. Information about performances, classes and recordings.
We Make History
- Organizes Colonial, Regency and Victorian dance events throughout the Southwestern United States. Site provides information about upcoming balls, and introductions to the etiquette and clothing of each period.
- Association to promote historical dance in Austria, based in Vienna. Includes information about workshops and their Baroque dance summer school, and an overview of dance styles from the Renaissance to the early 19th century.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 1, 2014 at 6:24:12 UTC -