become an editor
the entire directory
only in English_Country_Dancing/Playford
English Country Dancing
Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Historical: Renaissance
The British Library: John Playford - From Country Dance to Contradanse
- Virtual exhibition covering Playford's publications and influence, illustrated with items from the Library's collection.
Dafydd's Collection of Playford's English Country Dances
- Reconstructions of a selection of dances, mainly from the first edition.
The Dancing Master, 1651-1728: An Illustrated Compendium
- Coded figures, facsimiles and other data for all of the 1,053 known dances published in various editions of Playford. Also includes some background information.
The English Dancing Master by John Playford 1651
- The complete text of the first edition. Includes links to some of the music.
Estienne's Country Dance Book
- Descriptions of steps, and reconstructions of selected dances.
- Information about rehearsals in California, plus descriptions of the dances from the first edition of Playford, with abbreviations expanded and spellings modernized.
- Caller, teacher, musician and researcher based in Scotland. Information about dance groups in Edinburgh and Glasgow, music groups, and books and CDs for sale.
The Strafford Ball
- Annual Playford-style ball in Strafford, Vermont. Includes dance instructions for previous and upcoming balls.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 7, 2013 at 5:24:09 UTC -