become an editor
the entire directory
only in Folk/English_Country_Dancing
English Country Dancing
Open Directory - Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Folk: English Country Dancing
Ceilidh Bands in England
Ceilidh Bands in Scotland
Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Folk: Celtic: Scottish
Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Folk: Contradance
Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Historical
Bay Area Country Dance Society
- Society promoting and teaching contra, square, ceilidh and English country dances. With dance calendar, guide to upcoming special events, and links to country dancing resources.
Central Illinois English Country Dancers
- English and early American dances. Schedule of events, newsletter, fliers and links.
Charlottesville English Country Dance
- Schedule of dances, callers, and musicians. Links to neighboring groups. Brief description of English Country Dancing and history.
Colin Hume's web site
- Notes on teaching dance technique, as well as articles on folk dance including "Advice for Americans", offered by a country dance caller. Also offers a shareware dance organiser program.
Country Dance and Song Society
- USA-based umbrella organization for English and Anglo-American folk dance and music, including contra, English country, and English ritual dance such as Morris. Contains information about membership, summer programs and products for sale.
Country Dance Society, Boston Centre
- Boston, Massachusetts. Information about the organization, their English country and contra dance programs, CDs and publications.
Country Dancers of Westchester
- Dances and other social events in White Plains, New York. Information about a CD of dance tunes.
Dover English Country Dancers
- Group based in Delaware. Schedule of events and contact details.
Ealing Folk & Country Dancing
- London, UK. Social club in a variety of styles. Includes meeting details, caller calendar, events, image gallery, sample dances, and contact details.
The English Country Dance Mailing List
- How to subscribe, and list archives. Also, a brief introduction, articles on the history and differences between English country and contra dancing, and a state-by-state listing of dances in the US.
English Country Dance of Jacksonville and St. Augustine
- Dances in Florida.
English Country Dance Terms with Sound and Animation
- Terms defined and demonstrated. [Requires Flash].
English Country Dancing in Toronto, Ontario
- Schedule of dances, and glossary of terms. Also offers vintage dance, by request.
English Country Dancing.org
- Information about a series of regular dances and balls in Riverside, California. Also includes essays on 18th century dance, music and clothing, photo galleries and links.
English Dancing in New Haven
- Dances in New Haven, Connecticut.
English Folk Dance and Song Society (EFDSS)
- Promotes English folk music and dance. Includes lists of events at Cecil Sharp House (London), their books and CDs, and Root Source - a guide to folk activities in England.
Germantown Country Dancers
- Philadelphia based group. Includes a calendar of events for dancers and musicians, an introduction to the dances, information about their performance groups, and a list of dances with information about the set.
The Heather and The Rose Country Dancers
- Network of groups in Oregon USA dancing English and Scottish dances. Information about activities, terminology and membership.
Heathfield Folk Dance Club
- UK. Social group meeting weekly dancing the English and American traditions. Includes profile, calendar, and contact details.
Jigs 'N' Reels
- Agency providing bands for barn dances and ceilidhs in the UK. Includes a list of bands, information about what a barn dance involves and tips for organizing one.
John & Hilary Turner
- A series of English Country Dance Weekends for enthusiasts covering a wide variety of styles from Playford to New England Contras. The events (two per year) are held in the UK.
Kingston English Country Dance
- English Country Dance group in Rhode Island, with directions, history and class schedule.
Lambertville Country Dancers
- Dances in Titusville, New Jersey. Includes resources for dance musicians, and links to related sites.
The Leesburg Assembly
- An English Country Dance community located in Northern Virginia. With news, events and pictures.
Lexington English Country Dancers
- English Country Dance group in Lexington, Kentucky. With schedule of their weekly open dances, and basic information on English Country Dancing.
New Hampshire English County Dance Society
- Information about upcoming events. Includes dance instructions for their Spring Ball.
- Cambridge University English country dance club. Includes background information on Playford dances, definitions, descriptions of dances, and sheet music - as well as information about the club's events.
San Diego English Country Dancers
- Club in California, USA. Includes details of classes, instructors, events, repertoire, image galleries and selected dance instructions.
Santa Barbara Country Dance Society
- English and contra dances in Santa Barbara, California. Regular dances, festivals, newsletters and links.
Seattle Folk Dancing: English Country
- Events for dancers and musicians. Also hosts a calendar of events on the US West Coast, with an introduction to the dances, and lists of musicians and leaders.
Set and Turn Single
- UK-based magazine including listings of events and regular meetings, and club contact details.
St. Louis English Country Dancers
- Monthly dances, and other events, in Missouri. Includes dance instructions for their Playford ball.
- Covers English ceilidh, folk, barn, Cajun, French/Breton and morris dance. Lists of events, bands and venues in the UK, with links to other sites, and a FAQ.
English Country Dancing
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, November 21, 2013 1:15:28 PM EST -