become an editor
the entire directory
only in Folk/English_Country_Dancing
English Country Dancing
Open Directory - Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Folk: English Country Dancing
Ceilidh Bands in England
Ceilidh Bands in Scotland
Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Folk: Celtic: Scottish
Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Folk: Contradance
Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Historical
AVID - Awaken Village Interest in Dance
- UK community project to bring traditional dancing to rural areas in North Lincolnshire. Information about monthly barn dances, books for musicians and callers, and music sessions.
Bay Area Country Dance Society
- Society promoting and teaching contra, square, ceilidh and English country dances. With dance calendar, guide to upcoming special events, and links to country dancing resources.
Central Illinois English Country Dancers
- English and early American dances. Schedule of events, newsletter, fliers and links.
Charlottesville English Country Dance
- Schedule of dances, callers, and musicians. Links to neighboring groups. Brief description of English Country Dancing and history.
Colin Hume's web site
- Notes on teaching dance technique, as well as articles on folk dance including "Advice for Americans", offered by a country dance caller. Also offers a shareware dance organiser program.
Country Dance Society, Boston Centre
- Boston, Massachusetts. Information about the organization, their English country and contra dance programs, CDs and publications.
Country Dance and Song Society
- USA-based umbrella organization for English and Anglo-American folk dance and music, including contra, English country, and English ritual dance such as Morris. Contains information about membership, summer programs and products for sale.
Country Dancers of Westchester
- Dances and other social events in White Plains, New York. Information about a CD of dance tunes.
Dover English Country Dancers
- Group based in Delaware. Schedule of events and contact details.
Ealing Folk & Country Dancing
- London, UK. Social club in a variety of styles. Includes meeting details, caller calendar, events, image gallery, sample dances, and contact details.
English Country Dance Terms with Sound and Animation
- Terms defined and demonstrated. [Requires Flash].
English Country Dance of Jacksonville and St. Augustine
- Dances in Florida.
English Country Dancing in Toronto, Ontario
- Schedule of dances, and glossary of terms. Also offers vintage dance, by request.
English Country Dancing.org
- Information about a series of regular dances and balls in Riverside, California. Also includes essays on 18th century dance, music and clothing, photo galleries and links.
English Dancing in New Haven
- Dances in New Haven, Connecticut.
English Folk Dance and Song Society (EFDSS)
- Promotes English folk music and dance. Includes lists of events at Cecil Sharp House (London), their books and CDs, and Root Source - a guide to folk activities in England.
Germantown Country Dancers
- Philadelphia based group. Includes a calendar of events for dancers and musicians, an introduction to the dances, information about their performance groups, and a list of dances with information about the set.
- Educational charity set up to preserve English traditional music, dance and song. It runs mid week and week end courses in various aspects of dance and song and has a small publishing programme.
Heathfield Folk Dance Club
- UK. Social group meeting weekly dancing the English and American traditions. Includes profile, calendar, and contact details.
Jigs 'N' Reels
- Agency providing bands for barn dances and ceilidhs in the UK. Includes a list of bands, information about what a barn dance involves and tips for organizing one.
John & Hilary Turner
- A series of English Country Dance Weekends for enthusiasts covering a wide variety of styles from Playford to New England Contras. The events (two per year) are held in the UK.
Kingston English Country Dance
- English Country Dance group in Rhode Island, with directions, history and class schedule.
Lambertville Country Dancers
- Dances in Titusville, New Jersey. Includes resources for dance musicians, and links to related sites.
Lexington English Country Dancers
- English Country Dance group in Lexington, Kentucky. With schedule of their weekly open dances, and basic information on English Country Dancing.
New Hampshire English County Dance Society
- Information about upcoming events. Includes dance instructions for their Spring Ball.
San Diego English Country Dancers
- Club in California, USA. Includes details of classes, instructors, events, repertoire, image galleries and selected dance instructions.
Santa Barbara Country Dance Society
- English and contra dances in Santa Barbara, California. Regular dances, festivals, newsletters and links.
Seattle Folk Dancing: English Country
- Events for dancers and musicians. Also hosts a calendar of events on the US West Coast, with an introduction to the dances, and lists of musicians and leaders.
Set and Turn Single
- UK-based magazine including listings of events and regular meetings, and club contact details.
St. Louis English Country Dancers
- Monthly dances, and other events, in Missouri. Includes dance instructions for their Playford ball.
The English Country Dance Mailing List
- How to subscribe, and list archives. Also, a brief introduction, articles on the history and differences between English country and contra dancing, and a state-by-state listing of dances in the US.
The Heather and The Rose Country Dancers
- Network of groups in Oregon USA dancing English and Scottish dances. Information about activities, terminology and membership.
The Leesburg Assembly
- An English Country Dance community located in Northern Virginia. With news, events and pictures.
- Cambridge University English country dance club. Includes background information on Playford dances, definitions, descriptions of dances, and sheet music - as well as information about the club's events.
- Covers English ceilidh, folk, barn, Cajun, French/Breton and morris dance. Lists of events, bands and venues in the UK, with links to other sites, and a FAQ.
English Country Dancing
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, April 21, 2013 12:12:39 AM EDT -