the entire directory
only in Folk/Eastern_European
Open Directory - Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Folk: Eastern European
Regional: Europe: Regions: Central and Eastern Europe: Arts and Entertainment
This category in other languages:
- Romanian folk dance ensemble in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. With pictures, repertoire and calendar of events.
- Organizers of recreational dancing in London, UK. Includes profile, events calendar and contact details.
- Details of display team for Bohemian, Moravian and Slovakian dances based in London, UK. Includes profile, and FAQ.
- Latvian folk dance group from the suburbs of Riga. With profile and pictures.
Children’s Folklore Ensemble Vonicka
- Brief details of this ensemble in the Czech Republic with image galleries. [English/Czech].
Choreographic Ensemble Dance Batumi
- Brief details of this performing group from Georgia, including image gallery and contact details. [English/Georgian]
- A dance company celebrating the dances, songs and music of the Hungarian people under the direction of Richard Graber.
- A restaurant in Prague, inviting to an unforgetable experience of Czech folklore show and dinner. Has an ensamble of dancers and musicians dressed in traditional clothing.
- Non-profit organization promoting Balkan culture through music and dance. The site presents folk dances, songs, costumes, and maps from Balkan countries.
- Dance group specialized in Hungarian folk dances, located in Sweden. Dance teaching, on-stage performing and cultural exchange. [English/Swedish]
Georgian Folk Dances
- Brief descriptions with photographs of a number of dances.
Gypsy Folk Ensemble
- Ethnic and folk dance performing group based in Los Angeles, California. Includes photos and description of shows for schools, libraries and others.
Helen's Yiddish Dance Page
- A resource page of Eastern European Jewish dances. Includes dance descriptions, lyrics, anecdotes, bibliography, filmography and on-line reseources.
- International teacher of Russian and Ukrainian folk dance. Includes profile, workshop and course schedules, CD list, information on the Nadezhda Foundation and on the Ukrainian ensemble Ozorniye Naigrishi. [Dutch/English/German].
Ifjú Szivek Hungarian Dance Group
- Professional dance group from Slovakia, performing authentic dances of Hungarians, Slovaks, Gypsies and other nations form Carpathian Basin.
Jumis, New York Latvian Folk Dance Group
- Recreational community performance group in the USA. Includes profile, performance schedule, rehearsal details, and video. [English, Latvian].
Lado Folk Dance Ensemble of Croatia
- Orchestra, choir and dance ensemble based in Zagreb. Includes image galleries, repertoire, discography, past performances, details of the Friends Association, and contact information. [Croatian, English].
- Georgian Dance company from Tbilisi, composed by 360 children between ages 6 and 14. With multimedia, information on shows and press coverage of the group.
Martisorul - Romanian Dance Group
- Recreational and display group based in London, UK. Includes brief profile, photographs and repertoire with notes and map.
- A Croatian cultural ensemble located in the Detroit,USA. Includes performance schedule and image galleries.
Oplenac - Serbian Cultural Association
- One of the leading folk dancing ensembles in North America. Oplenac strives to promote and maintain Serbian heritage in Canada and around the World, by offering dance classes. [Serbian/English]
Postoley Dance Ensemble
- Performing ethnic dance company specializing in the culture, music and dance of Ukraine and Poland.
Radost Folk Ensemble
- Ethnic dance, music and songs. Includes profile, calendar, photo gallery, and contact details.
- The folk dance group from Jelgava, Latvia. History, repertoire and news. (English, German, Latvian)
Ruysny Folk Ensemble
- This ensemble specializes in traditional Slavic/Rusyn dances fron the Carpathian Mountains of Slovakia, Ukraine, Poland and Romania.
Serbian Cultural Association Oplenac
- One of the leading folk ensembles in North America. Oplenac strives to promote and maintain Serbian heritage in Canada and around the World.
Slavjane Folk Ensemble
- Community group in Pittsburgh, USA presenting the Slavic heritage and culture of the Carpatho-Rusyn region. Includes calendar of practices and performances, image gallery, forum, and video clips of complete dances.
- Brief details of the ensemble of the Jagiellonian University, Cracow, presenting the folklore of Slavonic nations. Includes profile, image galleries and events. [English/Polish]
Sorbian Folklore Ensemble Wudwor
- Traditional group preserving Slavic song and dance of the Sorb minority in Upper Lusatia, Germany. Includes profile, repertoire, performance calendar, image galleries and contact details. [Czech/English/German/Polish].
Tanac Folk Dance Ensemble
- Folk dance ensemble and cultural association for the preserving of traditions of Croatians in Hungary.
Ursu, Maria & Marius
- Instructors offering Romanian folklore dances to amateur and professional folk ensembles. Includes profile, achievements and abilities, contact details, information on their workshops in Banat with image galleries of regional costumes and of a stamp collection featuring Romanian Folk Art. [English/French/German/Italian/Romanian/Spanish].
- Moravian Wallachia folklore ensemble in the Czech Republic. Includes profile, history, brief details of the dance groups, orchestras and performance program, with contact information and facts on dulcimer music. [English/Czech]
William Penn Association Magyar Folk Dancers
- Small Hungarian dance group from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. With media and a performance schedule.
Zagrebacki Folklorni Ansambl Dr. Ivan Ivancan
- Professional performance group promoting Croatian folklore, based in Zagreb, Croatia. Includes profile, news, repertoire, image gallery, video clips, discography, and contact details. [Croatian, English]
- Folk dance videos, images, musics, steps, mostly about Turkish Folk dance. [RSS]
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, May 5, 2010 5:14:26 PM EDT -