become an editor
the entire directory
only in Folk/African
African Folk Dancing in Chicago
Arts: Music: Styles: R: Regional and Ethnic: Latin: Afro-Latin
Regional: Africa: Arts and Entertainment: Dance
Society: Ethnicity: African: African-American: Cultural Arts: Performing Arts
This category in other languages:
Academy of Cuban Folklore and Dance
- José Carrión offers Afro-Cuban-Haitian dance instruction in Seattle, USA. Includes biography, class and event information, details of performing groups ¡Todo Folklore! and Ballet Folklórico Cutumba, image, audio and video galleries and contact details.
- Professional performers in the arts of african dancing. Limbo dancing, balancing acts, traditional dance and rights of passage. All performers are available for hire.
- Ghanaian dancer Cynthia Lønborg performs African dances and entertainment in Denmark and Europe, with performance, drumming, workshops and entertainment. Site features classes information, pictures and event schedule.
African Dance Ensemble (ADE)
- Cultural group offering performance, workshops, residencies, and lectures in dance and music based in Toronto, Canada. Includes profile, repertoire, members biographies, events calendar, and image gallery.
Alokli West African Dance Club
- A traditional West African dance-drumming club in California, USA, offering classes and performances in Anlo-Ewe and other West African music and dance styles from Ghana, Togo, Benin, and Nigeria.
- Traditional and contemporary company directed by Assayigah, based in Essex, UK. Includes biography, repertoire, reviews, and upcoming events.
- Multi-ethnic drumming and dance ensemble focusing on research, preservation, education and performance of traditional African and African derived music and dance, based in Ohio, USA. Includes history, directors biographies, repertoire, programs, performance schedule, publications, image galleries and contact details.
Balafon West African Dance Ensemble
- Led by Kadiatou Conte, a native of the Republic of Guinea and formerly of the world renown Ballets National Djoliba, they are one of Washington D.C.'s premiere contemporary West African dance and music ensembles offering performances, classes and workshops.
- Brief details of dance and drum company from Israel. [English/Hebrew].
- Offers West African drumming and dance classes for schools and the community. Profile and information about workshops and trips to Guinea and The Gambia.
BETA Dance Troupe and Dance School
- Performs a contemporary synthesis of traditional Ethiopian tribal (eskesta shoulder) and Jewish dances in Israel. Includes profile, information on Ethiopian Jewry in Israel, details of the directors and performers, repertoire, and booking details [English/Hebrew].
Bi-Okoto Dance & Drum Theatre
- This Cincinnati, Ohio professional performing company boasts an eclectic repertoire of over ninety authentic traditional Nigerian dances, dance dramas and operas.
C. K. Ladzekpo - African Dance and Music
- CK Ladzekpo, San Francisco Bay Area African musician, composer and choreographer, presents links to local classes, African performing ensembles, and online cultural instruction in dance, drumming, and the history of sacred rituals.
- Website of professional dancer, choreographer, and costume designer Charles Ahovissi, former member of the Ballet National of Benin, who is currently performing and teaching African dance in Omaha, Nebraska.
Collective Of Black Artists
- COBA is a company dedicated to preserving the traditions in African music and dance. Includes biographies for the artists and mission statement.
Compagnie Danse Nyata Nyata
- School of contemporary dance, Canada. Includes biography of Zab Maboungou, repertoire, calendar, reviews, class schedules events, publications, studio rental and contact details. [English/French].
- African dance company based in the UK who provide African dance: Performances, workout classes, workshops and DVDs.
- Non-profit informative organization engaging in collective effort to preserve Africa's indigenous creative expressions, folklore arts and traditional dance. [English / Dutch]
Delou Africa, Inc.
- Experience true joy of African dance by Delou's instructors who guide you through West African dances and drumming. With class schedule, calendar of events and contact information. Offers classes in djembe, djun djun and balafon.
Diamano Coura West African Dance Company
- Non-profit cultural organization dedicated to the preservation, education, and appreciation of traditional West African music, dance, theater, and culture. With biographies, reviews, and calendar of events and workshops.
Dimensions Dance Theater
- Presents an annual season of two downtown Oakland, CA concerts to promote and create and premiere work on African American themes, fostering knowledge and appreciation of African and African-derived dance forms.
Explorations in Afro-Cuban Dance & Drum - Humboldt State University
- Celebrating Afro-Cuban folkloric music, songs and dances.
Jamaica Center for Arts and Learning
- JCAL is located in southeast Queens, NY, and features classes in West African Dance for adults and Afro-Caribbean Dance for adults and kids.
Jeh Kulu Dance and Drum Theater
- Jeh Kulu is a multi-cultural performance and educatinoal ensemble specializing in music and dance from Guinea, Senegal and Mali. The company is located in Burlington Vermont, and offers classes and shows.
- African performing arts group, offering dance and drumming classes in order to spread African culture.
La Calebasse de Merlin Nyakam
- This dance company has offered african and afro-contemporary dance with its «Récréation Primitive» Ballet and its workshops, and master classes.
Learn to dance Kizomba with Benjamim Nande
- Revolutionary method to learn the sensual Kizomba dance. A step by step method makes it easy and fast to learn basic and advanced kizomba steps.
Les Ballets Africains
- National dance company of the Republic of Guinea. Includes tour dates, news, and music.
- Home of the Mbongi Dance Theater Project and Online Center for Congolese Culture, founded by Titos Sompa, Master dancer, drummer, and choregrapher from the Congo.
Muntu Dance Theatre of Chicago
- A Chicago-based company that performs authentic and progressive interpretations of contemporary and ancient African and African American dance, music and folklore.
Odehe Drum and Dance Ghana
- School and performing group based in Accra, Ghana. Includes profile of founder, details of workshops, accommodation and registration at the centre, and information on the ensembles tours and projects with image galleries, and contact details. [English/German].
- Afro Cuban and contemporary dance company, founded in 1992 in Buenos Aires by the Choreographer Marta Bercy. With pictures, calendar of events and news.
- Traditional African dance group in Atlanta, GA. Provides information, pictures and schedule of the ongoing weekly classes.
Utamaduni Dance Troupe, Denmark
- An African performing troupe composed of Danish and Tanzanian artists who perform and teach African dance and drumming workshops all over Europe and produce a yearly summer dance camp.[Danish/English/Swaheli/Urdu].
WADaBo - West African Dance in Boston
- Collective promoting West African dancing, drumming, music and culture in Massachusetts, USA. Includes details of classes, workshops, performances, and artists in the region and of trips to Africa.
- Yousouff Koumbassa, former dancer of the National Ballet of Guinea, teaches in New York and offers instructional videos. Site also features his biography, and information about the classes.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 20, 2014 at 5:35:05 UTC -