the entire directory
only in Dance/Folk
Open Directory - Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Folk
Country and Western
English Country Dancing
Arts: Music: Sound Files: MIDI: Folk
Arts: Music: Styles: F: Folk
Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Regional
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Arts and Entertainment: Performing Arts: Dance: Folk Dancing
This category in other languages:
Ballet Folklorico Viva Panama
- Panamanian cultural, educational, and entertainment organization offering dance tours. Includes dancer biographies, past and future performances, reviews, articles on culture, image galleries, video clips and contact details.
- Internationally recognised group of folkloric Latin performers who enjoy entertaining the public with Bolivian Culture in Sydney. With news and media.
Cambodian Dance Photo Gallery
- This photo gallery depicts the Angkor Dance Troupe of Lowell, Massachusetts, USA. It shows most of the major folk and classical dances, as well as costuming, rehearsals, and other behind-the-scenes activities.
Celtic Bompa's Folk Dancing Site
- Dance explanations for traditional dancing focused towards Irish dancing, bal folk, flamenco and Argentinian tango.
Collage Dance Ensemble
- Professional company, based in USA, offering traditional choreographies and more modern interpretations of folk dance. Includes aims, history, details of the repertory, director, artistes and shows, press reviews and contact information.
The Dance Gypsy
- Calendar/newsletter for the New England dance community. Subscription information, a list of dances organized by type, state and related links.
- Database of folk dances from the world, containing videos, audio and information about dances. Search facility.
Dancing for Busy People
- Square dances, mixers, contra dances, line dances, books, articles and references for dance and recreation leaders, school teachers, college professors, church activities directors, and camp leaders.
Dancing the Web
- Details of events and venues for folk dancing in Australia and Colorado, USA.
- Swedish traditional social dancing in the Stockholm region. Includes dance calendar, event reports, dance techniques, and dance descriptions with video clips. [English/Swedish].
Eastbourne International Folkdance Festival
- UK. Annual festival offering recreational English and American country dance together with International workshops. Includes programme with list of performers and booking details.
Everest Nepal Cultural Group
- Aims to conserve and develop Nepalese cultural heritage. Includes profile and notes on authentic traditional dances.
- Annual two week multicultural extravaganza, held by the Folk Arts Council of Winnipeg.
Gruppo Folcloristico Agilla e Trasimeno
- Folk group in Perugia, Italy performing dances and songs from Italy. With pictures, videos and calendar of events.
How to Start a Folkdance Club
- Bruce Botelo presents organization instructions, budget planning, and equipment tracking.
Iberian Folk Dance and Music Society
- Recreational and display group based in London, UK. Includes profile, events calendar and history.
International Folk Festival
- Official site of the annual folk festival in Varna, Bulgaria. Includes regulations, schedule, and registration details. [Bulgarian/English]
- Filipino cultural performing arts group in British Columbia, Canada. Includes profile, repertoire, audio and video clips, image gallery, news, events, booking information, forum and contact details.
La Compagnie Folklorique Fanny Thibout
- Belgium. Traditional (18th and 19th century) folk dances, songs, games and music. Includes information about the dances and the costumes, and a list of events. [Dutch/English/French/Walloon].
- Cultural group based in London, UK, performing traditional folk dances and songs of the Philippines. Includes profile, information on regional dances and Philippines history, image galleries, and contact information.
Les Panards Dansants
- French and Breton traditional music and dance in Leeds, UK. Includes lyric collection, information on dances and details of meetings, workshops, venues, and events.
Lloyd Shaw Foundation
- The foundation seeks to preserve and foster square dancing, contra dancing, round dances, mixers and quadrilles, folk dances of the American people.
Lotus Arts & Dance
- Multicultural dance association in New York, offering lessons, workshops and performances of traditional ethnic forms of dance and music.
- Dance group from Mont de Marsan (Landes, France) that perpetuates the local traditional dances, both with and without stilts. Site contains background about the use of stilts in the area.
Mundo Etnico Foundation
- Dutch non-profit organization which promotes dance cultures from the South Pacific, by means of seminars, book publications and CDs with music of many Polynesian islands. [English/Dutch]
NEFFA LinkFest: Folk Dancing
- A directory of folk dancing pages
Nordic Fiddles & Feet
- Annual week long Swedish and Norwegian music and dance dance festival Virginia, USA. Includes schedules, profiles of instructors, image galleries, and registration information.
- Scandinavian performance group from Seattle,USA. Includes history, photograph galleies of events and of regional costumes from Scandinavian countries.
Northern California Spelmanslag
- Scandinavian music and dance organisation, with information on events, cassette tapes and tune transcriptions.
- The "Where to Folk Dance Organization" for the Pacific Northwest.
- A multi-cultural arts organization dedicated to serving the ethnic, traditional, and folk arts communities of the Northwest US.
- Performing arts company based in the UK, specialising in South East Asian dance, music, and drama styles, particularly Indonesia, Malaya, and Thailand, offering workshops and school programs.
- National Youth Folklore Troupe of England. Members are aged between 10 and 18.
Rancho Folclórico de Kearny, New Jersey
- Official site of the Portuguese Folkloric Dance group of Kearny, NJ: Os Sonhos de Portugal. It shows the history, current members, music, and photos of the group, which preserves the traditions and culture of the Northern region of Portugal: o Alto Minho.
Royal Days International Folk Dance Festival
- Held annually in Szekesfehervar, Hungary.
San Antonio Folk Dancers
- Non-profit organization in Texas. Contains basic information for interested people and some links to other folk dance related sites.
- Recreational and performance group promoting Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Swedish and Norwegian music and dance in Washington D.C., USA. Includes meetings and events calendar, and repertoire.
Spen Valley Longsword Dance Team
- Perform traditional dances of Yorkshire; information about their history, performances, practices, photo galleries, and contacts. [Cleckheaton, UK]
Stoughton Norwegian Dancers
- Performing high school group in Wisconsin, United States. Includes profile, history, schedule of performances and image galleries.
Tal-Kin-Jeri Dance Group
- South Australian dance group researches and performs traditional dance and story of the Ngarrindjeri people by dance and totem.[May not work in all browsers].
Tapestry Folkdance Center
- Offers opportunities for the general public to experience the joys of dance and music throughout the world on the folk dance floor.
Tilleuls à danser
- Trees for dancing, love and life. With a history of the concept and its symbolism, and a catalogue of European dance lime trees with pictures. [French / German / English / Dutch / Russian]
Turun Kansantanssin Ystävät ry
- Brief details of the annual festival of the Turku Folklore Association in Finland.
- Society promoting English, Scottish, Irish and American dance activities at local and national level in the Netherlands. Includes profile, directory, events, photo-gallery, CD and teachers list, and membership information. [English/Dutch].
Usenet rec.folk-dancing -
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, June 8, 2013 11:50:03 AM EDT -