become an editor
the entire directory
only in Classical_Indian/Bharata_Natyam
Open Directory - Arts: Performing Arts: Dance: Classical Indian: Bharata Natyam
Regional: Asia: India: Tamil Nadu: Arts and Entertainment
Regional: Asia: India: Tamil Nadu: Society and Culture: Religion: Hinduism
Society: Ethnicity: Asian: Southern: Tamil
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Hinduism: Community
Arpana Dance Company
- Founded by Ramya Harishankar. Includes productions and reviews, class schedule, and educational outreach program. Irvine, California.
- Illustrated introduction to its elements, symbols, inspirations and history.
Bharatanatyam: Dancing for the Gods
- Interactive site with videos of techniques, performances, and interviews. Users can direct their own dances and upload videos. Includes forums and lesson plans for K-12 teachers.
Bhavalaya: Bharat Natyam
- Introduction and profiles of famous dancers.
- Offers certificates and degrees in bharathanatyam. Includes instruction, exercises, and costume information. Also offers an online academy with free videos and tests.
- UK institute of bharatanatyam and oriental music. Introduction and history of the dance form, photo gallery, videos, events, and admission form.
- Introduction and a worldwide directory of dancers, institutions, and teachers.
- Includes basic steps, mudras/hastas, videos, and a forum.
Padmasri Dance Academy
- Includes performance schedule, blog, and photo gallery. Run by Padma Subrahmanyam in Miramar, Florida.
- Dance company and school founded by Viji Prakash. Includes event schedule, production videos and reviews, and class schedule and photographs. Los Angeles, California.
Sri Devi Nrithyalaya
- Bharathanatyam and Kuchipudi school. Video clips of performances, photographs, schedule and information about classes, including e-learning.
Sri Rajarajeswari Bharatha Natya Kala Mandir
- School founded in Bombay in 1945. Includes events and history of the dance form and the school.
T.Balasaraswati on Bharata Natyam
- Translation of her speech at the Tamil Isai Sangam conference.
The Role of Dance Sculptures in Tamil Nadu
- Paper by Padma Subrahmanyam on the dance, presented at the second International Conference Seminar of Tamil Studies in 1968.
Yahoo Group: Bharatanatyam Dancers
- Moderated discussion group.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, February 18, 2011 9:57:20 AM EST -