become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ballet/Reference
The Ballet Book Workbook series
- Gives teachers and students supplemental materials to reinforce classroom work as students learn ballet.
- Definitions and pronunciations of technical dance terms, browsable by first letter.
Ballet Dictionary - American Ballet Theater
- 170 terms from the book "Technical Manual and Dictionary of Classical Ballet," Dover Publications.
Ballet in Russia - Magazine Articles
- Over 20 articles taking readers through a history of classical Russian ballet.
Ballet Is Fun CD-Rom
- Interactive ballet CD including over 325 dance steps, barre and center technique, all performed by professional ballet dancers.
Ballet: The Classical Method
- Illustrated accompanying text for the video.
Bob Shomler's Ballet and Dance Photo Gallery
- Includes over 700 clear, color ballet photographs from famous ballets such as Swan Lake, The Nutcracker, Giselle, and Coppelia.
Classical Ballet Beginning to Advanced
- Online text of 8 levels of ballet syllabi beginning at age 6.
- Houses over 3,500 links to ballet resources all over the Internet. Subcategories include companies, schools, summer programs, and international links.
Dance Photography Project
- Photographer Louis Guillaume's website including over 70 ballet photos of professional dancers. Most are taken during rehearsals.
Gottfried Helnwein and Hans Kresnik
- Documentation of the collaboration between choreographer Hans Kresnik and his German dance company, and artist Gottfried Helnwein, including Macbeth, Oedipus, Pasolini, Marat and Sade.
How to Construct a Tutu - Historical and Modern Perspective
- Reference article including directions to construct a tutu modeled on the long style of the 19th century, and the varying lengths of later trends.
Laura's Ballet Site
- A site that has the basics of ballet and some history, and includes some reference to other dance forms.
The Perfect Pointe - Articles
- Pointe shoes including history, darning and shoe anatomy.
The Physics of Dance
- Article pertaining to balancing during pirouettes, jumps, and basic physics vocabulary.
Pointework from Gaynor Minden
- Pointe shoe in history and its construction.
WebMuseum: Degas, Edgar: Ballet dancers
- Online gallery showcasing many of Degas' ballet paintings. Also includes a brief description of art during the period.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 3, 2014 at 13:35:09 UTC -