become an editor
the entire directory
only in B/Berlin,_Irving
Arts: Music: Movies: Composers
Arts: Music: Songwriting: Songwriters
Arts: Music: Styles: V: Vocal
Arts: Music: Styles: V: Vocal: Tin Pan Alley Pop
Arts: Music: Styles: V: Vocal: Traditional Pop
Arts: Performing Arts: Theatre: Musicals: Composers
All Movie Guide: Irving Berlin
- Biography by Hal Erickson, filmography, Oscar nominations.
All Music Guide: Irving Berlin
- Biography by William Ruhlmann, partial discography, list of some outstanding songs, bibliography. Extensive links to related lyricists, composers, and performers.
As Thousands Cheer: The Life of Irving Berlin
- Bergreen's biographical book reviewed by Phillip D. Atteberry.
Celebrity Caricature in America: Irving Berlin
- Caricature of Berlin by Miguel Covarrubias, with brief note on the art work and its subject.
Everything2: Irving Berlin
- Biographical profile, a bit of trivia, and links to related topics.
God Bless America
- Part of the exhibition "American Treasures of the Library of Congress." The manuscripts, lyric sheets, and printer's proofs for this beloved song were a gift to the library from Irving Berlin's daughters. Photograph of manuscript score and proof, information on the song.
IMDb: Irving Berlin
- Mini-biography, trivia, quotes. Filmography as a composer, writer, actor, and lyricist. Awards and nominations for his work in films.
Irving Berlin in Hollywood
- Ian Whitcomb's liner notes for a Rhino Records project.
The Irving Berlin MIDI Song Tribute
- Singalong pages with lyrics, MIDI files, and photos of sheet music covers for several of Berlin's songs in the public domain.
Irving Berlin: Songs from the Melting Pot
- Phillip D. Atteberry reviews Charles Hamm's 1997 book.
Irving Berlin: Songs from the Melting Pot: The Formative Years, 1907-1914
- First chapter of the book by Charles Hamm. Linked to a review in the New York Times.
Irving Berlin: The Nation's Great Composer of Patriotic Songs
- Biographical profile. Excerpt from "Jewish Heroes and Heroines of America," by Seymour "Sy" Brody.
Isaiah Berlin / Irving Berlin
- Anecdote about Winston Churchill's wartime grilling of Irving Berlin, whom he mistook for political philosopher Isaiah Berlin. As told by Isaiah Berlin.
Jewish-American Hall of Fame: Irving Berlin (1888-1989)
- Biographical profile.
Oh! How He Hated to Get Up in the Morning
- On Sergeant Berlin's life as a draftee at Camp Upton, and the staging of Yip Yip Yaphank.
Rediscovering Irving Berlin
- Book review considers three biographies of the often misunderstood songwriter. By Phillip D. Atteberry.
Rodgers and Hammerstein Organization: Berlin, Irving
- Biography. Includes portrait, links.
Solid!: Irving Berlin
- Biography, selected compositions, and filmography of the famous songwriter.
Spartacus: Irving Berlin
- Brief biography, for kids. Includes portrait.
Todd's Irving Berlin Page
- Lyrics to his most well-known songs sorted by title, with link to a complete "Songography" sorted by year, from 1907 to 1967.
Irving Berlin: Early Songs, 1907-1914
- Details on this three-volume edition, now out of print, of collected sheet music, edited by Charles Hamm. [Embellishments] (March 01, 1997)
Irving Berlin: This Is the Army
- Detailed four-part article about the making of Berlin's patriotic all-soldier musical. Includes several photographs. Based on a lecture by Laurence Bergreen. [Prologue] (June 01, 1996)
Irving Berlin: Full score and one key
- Obituary, written by W.J. Weatherby. [The Guardian] (September 25, 1989)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 2, 2014 at 6:07:27 UTC -